How are our North East guys doing with Irene? - Page 2 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Insert BS here A place to discuss anything you want

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-28-2011, 03:36 AM   #21
NB/VVT Connoisseur
iTrader: (23)
 
viperormiata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Key West
Posts: 6,072
Total Cats: 253
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusha View Post
By "we" you mean the kids down the street who ignored your unpopular ***.
If the internet didn't exist you would have offed yourself years ago.
viperormiata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 03:38 AM   #22
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
pusha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 7,363
Total Cats: -32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperormiata View Post
If the internet didn't exist you would have offed yourself years ago.
Nah, I read bookz n shyt
pusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 10:43 AM   #23
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

LOL, its a cat 1 storm.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 11:12 AM   #24
Antisaint
iTrader: (17)
 
Vashthestampede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Danbury, CT
Posts: 4,659
Total Cats: 54
Default

The only issue we're having here is the flooding. I figure by the time all this rain is over and done with that we'll be trapped up here for a day or two.

I've been saying all along that this wasn't going to be anything crazy, but the tv/radio blasted out enough warnings and advisories that people scrambled to the stores like it was the end of the world.

My gf was up with the dogs most of the night while I was sleeping through it all. This morning its been pretty windy and the heavy rain is steady as can be, but nothing like a hurricane on the coast. We just have to keep an eye on falling trees, seeing that our back yard has about 1000 of them going up the mountain side.
Vashthestampede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 12:14 PM   #25
Elite Member
iTrader: (9)
 
TurboTim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chesterfield, NJ
Posts: 6,485
Total Cats: 248
Default

I can understand and appreciate the flood issue if you live near a body of water. But how many of us do? How many blizzards do we have each year? That white stuff doesn't just stop and disappear after a few hours. If the powerlines fall down, those workers take forever to redo them in the snow and ice. Monday's going to be sunny, warm, and dry. The wind is an issue if your asshloe neighbor keeps his portable basketball hoop in his driveway, 10 feet from your car. But that didn't even blow around.

Lame. Paul's wedding was nice however.
TurboTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 12:25 PM   #26
Boost Pope
iTrader: (8)
 
Joe Perez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Delicious and Moist.
Posts: 26,326
Total Cats: 1,926
Default

Just had to capture this for posterity:

Joe Perez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 12:35 PM   #27
Antisaint
iTrader: (17)
 
Vashthestampede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Danbury, CT
Posts: 4,659
Total Cats: 54
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboTim View Post
I can understand and appreciate the flood issue if you live near a body of water. But how many of us do? How many blizzards do we have each year? That white stuff doesn't just stop and disappear after a few hours. If the powerlines fall down, those workers take forever to redo them in the snow and ice. Monday's going to be sunny, warm, and dry. The wind is an issue if your asshloe neighbor keeps his portable basketball hoop in his driveway, 10 feet from your car. But that didn't even blow around.
Flood wise our biggest problem is the still river. It crosses so many main intersections that when it floods it ***** up everything around here.

I'm not talking "take your home away" flood waters or anything, I just mean its going to be a bitch getting around the next couple days if anything.
Vashthestampede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 01:07 PM   #28
mkturbo.com
iTrader: (24)
 
shuiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Charleston SC
Posts: 13,778
Total Cats: 1,106
Default

Braineack is without internet or TV. How will he survive?

I am about to go out for some nice top down driving. Right now it feels amazing out in NoVA.
shuiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 02:30 PM   #29
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
pusha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 7,363
Total Cats: -32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vashthestampede View Post
The only issue we're having here is the flooding. I figure by the time all this rain is over and done with that we'll be trapped up here for a day or two.

I've been saying all along that this wasn't going to be anything crazy, but the tv/radio blasted out enough warnings and advisories that people scrambled to the stores like it was the end of the world.

My gf was up with the dogs most of the night while I was sleeping through it all. This morning its been pretty windy and the heavy rain is steady as can be, but nothing like a hurricane on the coast. We just have to keep an eye on falling trees, seeing that our back yard has about 1000 of them going up the mountain side.
how many rats have come inside your home to take shelter from the storm?
pusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 02:47 PM   #30
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,892
Total Cats: 1,792
Default

(zack morris's phone)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuiend
Braineack is without internet or TV. How will he survive?

I am about to go out for some nice top down driving. Right now it feels amazing out in NoVA.
question is: how will I do my fantasy football draft...please don't make me use mcdonalds free wifi
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 02:56 PM   #31
Elite Member
iTrader: (7)
 
jeff_man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 3,056
Total Cats: 103
Default

lol at norther east losers, when i lived in Florida we didn't even get to day of from work for a cat 3 or more. I still had to go to school during cat 1s.
jeff_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 03:07 PM   #32
Antisaint
iTrader: (17)
 
Vashthestampede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Danbury, CT
Posts: 4,659
Total Cats: 54
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusha View Post
how many rats have come inside your home to take shelter from the storm?
None. I guess $500 worth of poison does the job.

I have weapons ready for the remaining stragglers, if any should try and stick around.
Vashthestampede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 03:58 PM   #33
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
triple88a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 9,131
Total Cats: 598
Default

Look at the bright side, at least you get a free carwash.
triple88a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 04:58 PM   #34
Hittin' Boost & Cones
iTrader: (2)
 
240_to_miata's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Cromwell, Connecticut
Posts: 2,572
Total Cats: 11
Default

I want power back!! Been out since 6:30. My parents town by the shore got a decent amount of flooding
240_to_miata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 06:31 PM   #35
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
pusha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 7,363
Total Cats: -32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vashthestampede View Post
None. I guess $500 worth of poison does the job.

I have weapons ready for the remaining stragglers, if any should try and stick around.
a cat would have cost you $60
pusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 06:37 PM   #36
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 4,165
Total Cats: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusha View Post
a cat would have cost you $60
I think he said he's allergic to cats. I suggested a small dog that'd go after the rats/mice.
gearhead_318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 06:38 PM   #37
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
pusha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 7,363
Total Cats: -32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead_318 View Post
I think he said he's allergic to cats. I suggested a small dog that'd go after the rats/mice.
there's nothing like having another animal around the house for affection and sex
pusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 06:42 PM   #38
Elite Member
iTrader: (6)
 
blaen99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 4,112
Total Cats: 27
Default

I dunno if he'd be up for having you around the house, Pushy.
blaen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 07:17 PM   #39
Elite Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Houston
Posts: 2,904
Total Cats: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusha View Post
you are all a bunch of pussies



the eye of this thing went right over my old house
Yeah really. So much noise over flooding with a Cat 1 or 2. Try living on the Gulf Coast.


4 states and 2 countries all the same time.

I was out running 5 hours before that hit.
Pitlab77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 11:44 AM   #40
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,892
Total Cats: 1,792
Default

apparently hurricanes are sexist due to naming convention.

just fyi.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project Gemini - Turbo Civic on the Cheap Full_Tilt_Boogie Build Threads 59 Yesterday 09:00 PM
Back to Stock Part Out!! Turbo Parts, MS2 Enhanced 01-05, Suspension, and MOAR! StratoBlue1109 Miata parts for sale/trade 16 10-02-2015 10:39 AM
Noob to Miataturbo from MA JxPhan Meet and Greet 3 10-02-2015 03:17 AM
Time to start learning and play with tuning The Gleas MEGAsquirt 3 10-01-2015 10:30 AM
WTB HPDE miata - Texas Voltwings Cars for sale/trade 0 09-27-2015 07:40 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:30 AM.