I need your help! Been scammed. - Page 2 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Insert BS here A place to discuss anything you want

I need your help! Been scammed.

Old 10-14-2010, 03:38 PM
  #21  
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 75,255
Total Cats: 2,149
Default

404 Elfinwild Ln, Glenshaw, PA 15116
412-486-7096


she works in Pittsburgh. time to call mommy.
Braineack is offline  
Old 10-14-2010, 03:41 PM
  #22  
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Hermosa Beach, CA
Posts: 2,573
Total Cats: 11
Default

Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
404 Elfinwild Ln, Glenshaw, PA 15116
412-486-7096


she works in Pittsburgh. time to call mommy.
I guess I could call and ask if she has a son that does to W&J. Any better ideas?
cardriverx is offline  
Old 10-14-2010, 03:44 PM
  #23  
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 75,255
Total Cats: 2,149
Default

if that doesnt work try these:

D Skavronski 300 Westinghouse Ave, Wilmerding, PA 15148
412-824-7896

J P Skavronski 1105 Broadway St, East Mc Keesport, PA 15035
412-823-1682

John Skavronski 809 Joseph St, North Versailles, PA 15137
412-824-7326
Braineack is offline  
Old 10-14-2010, 03:45 PM
  #24  
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Newbsauce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NoVA
Posts: 2,299
Total Cats: 2
Default

Originally Posted by cardriverx View Post
I guess I could call and ask if she has a son that does to W&J. Any better ideas?
We know this individual does go to W&J- I pulled that from W&J directory. The question is: is this the right Alec/Alex? There is ONE Alec, but about 30 "Alex" variations @ W&J.
Newbsauce is offline  
Old 10-14-2010, 03:46 PM
  #25  
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Hermosa Beach, CA
Posts: 2,573
Total Cats: 11
Default

Originally Posted by Newbsauce View Post
We know this individual does go to W&J- I pulled that from W&J directory. The question is: is this the right Alec/Alex? There is ONE Alec, but about 30 "Alex" variations @ W&J.
Thats going to be tuff. Maybe someone can give him (the number I posted) a call and try to get a last name out of him?

edit - tried calling with the work phone and he didnt pick up.
cardriverx is offline  
Old 10-14-2010, 04:45 PM
  #26  
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Hermosa Beach, CA
Posts: 2,573
Total Cats: 11
Default

****, I tried a reverse phone lookup site, and I could not get a name.
cardriverx is offline  
Old 10-14-2010, 04:47 PM
  #27  
I'm Miserable!
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 583
Total Cats: -1
Default

You guys may be bordering on illegal activity, be careful.

The main error here was buying a used electronic device without confirming function.
sjmarcy is offline  
Old 10-14-2010, 04:48 PM
  #28  
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 75,255
Total Cats: 2,149
Default

using yellowpages.com is illegal??!!!!

can you show me the datalogs on that?
Braineack is offline  
Old 10-14-2010, 04:54 PM
  #29  
I'm Miserable!
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 583
Total Cats: -1
Default

Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
using yellowpages.com is illegal??!!!!

can you show me the datalogs on that?
Planned surprise physical visits to the person's home or work or school, with demands of some sort to be made?

Contacting family members to apply pressure or to embarrass?

Posting his information in a thread considering such things?

Some might consider this stalking or vigilante type behavior.

This is a cheap device, the PS3. Buying one used to save a few bucks from an unknown person, with no contract, no full name or address and without confirming function - that was not such a good idea IMO.
sjmarcy is offline  
Old 10-14-2010, 04:55 PM
  #30  
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 75,255
Total Cats: 2,149
Default

Planned surprise physical visits to the person's home or work or school, with demands of some sort to be made?
this is legal. Look at unions. But in seriousness, no one here threatened violence.

Contacting family members to apply pressure or to embarrass?
this is legal. I dont even see how this could even be close to illegal.

Some might consider this stalking or vigilante type behavior.
this is poppycock. See mirror.
Braineack is offline  
Old 10-14-2010, 04:57 PM
  #31  
I'm Miserable!
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 583
Total Cats: -1
Default

Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
this is legal. Look at unions. But in seriousness, no one here threatened violence.

this is legal. I dont even see how this could even be close to illegal.

this is poppycock. See mirror.
Remind me never to buy something from you, or sell you anything, LOL. If you talk to a lawyer or police officer with your plans they may have some insights for you. The buyer screwed up and bought something without testing it. Man up and learn from it. This type of thing can go bad fast, I'd suggest being careful.
sjmarcy is offline  
Old 10-14-2010, 04:59 PM
  #32  
Miotta FTW!
iTrader: (24)
 
Splitime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Posts: 4,311
Total Cats: 30
Default

Originally Posted by sjmarcy View Post
Planned surprise physical visits to the person's home or work or school, with demands of some sort to be made?

Contacting family members to apply pressure or to embarrass?

Posting his information in a thread considering such things?

Some might consider this stalking or vigilante type behavior.

This is a cheap device, the PS3. Buying one used to save a few bucks from an unknown person, with no contract, no full name or address and without confirming function - that was not such a good idea IMO.
I see nothing illegal there.

Going to someone's home is not illegal.

Posting public information is not illegal.

Contacting family members for more information/help is not illegal.

Planning violence is... no one has done that, especially the OP.

Of course I'm not a lawyer... but none of the above are outside a simple way of tracking/resolving an issue.
Splitime is offline  
Old 10-14-2010, 04:59 PM
  #33  
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 75,255
Total Cats: 2,149
Default

i dont tend to scam people. so you're okay. if you scam me I make sure I get restitution.

but i forgot, it was OKAY for him to scam cardriverx. no problems there.
Braineack is offline  
Old 10-14-2010, 05:04 PM
  #34  
Elite Member
iTrader: (10)
 
leatherface24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pembroke Pines
Posts: 4,019
Total Cats: 2
Default

sjmarcy is alec. I figured it out. Lets kill him now
leatherface24 is offline  
Old 10-14-2010, 05:05 PM
  #35  
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Hermosa Beach, CA
Posts: 2,573
Total Cats: 11
Default

Originally Posted by sjmarcy View Post
Remind me never to buy something from you, or sell you anything, LOL. If you talk to a lawyer or police officer with your plans they may have some insights for you. The buyer screwed up and bought something without testing it. Man up and learn from it. This type of thing can go bad fast, I'd suggest being careful.
Yeah I should not have bought it off craigslist. But I never threatened violence.
cardriverx is offline  
Old 10-14-2010, 05:06 PM
  #36  
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 75,255
Total Cats: 2,149
Default

**** the pole-ece.
Braineack is offline  
Old 10-14-2010, 05:07 PM
  #37  
Elite Member
iTrader: (10)
 
leatherface24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pembroke Pines
Posts: 4,019
Total Cats: 2
Default

leatherface24 is offline  
Old 10-14-2010, 05:12 PM
  #38  
Elite Member
iTrader: (11)
 
chicksdigmiatas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Texas, 'Murica
Posts: 2,485
Total Cats: 6
Default

I had this happen. I knew a guy that worked part time at a machine shop and i met him somewhere to give him the head off my car (tried to make that sound as no homo as possible). Anyways, I keep blowing up his phone and i get blocked. No one on the local forums knew where he lived, but one did have a last name. So i just planned to visit all of the places with the last names in his general area. (small town) The first one was a hit. I knocked and he came out and looked like he had seen a host. He had just bought a miata. He had done no work to my head, so i told him he needed to go to the atm and get me my cash back. It worked out well, maybe because i was twice his size.
chicksdigmiatas is offline  
Old 10-14-2010, 05:15 PM
  #39  
Elite Member
iTrader: (10)
 
leatherface24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pembroke Pines
Posts: 4,019
Total Cats: 2
Default

Originally Posted by chicksdigmiatas View Post
I knocked and he came out and looked like he had seen a host.
Dude id straight up shat myself as well

leatherface24 is offline  
Old 10-14-2010, 05:16 PM
  #40  
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 75,255
Total Cats: 2,149
Default

Originally Posted by chicksdigmiatas View Post
I had this happen. I knew a guy that worked part time at a machine shop and i met him somewhere to give him the head off my car (tried to make that sound as no homo as possible). Anyways, I keep blowing up his phone and i get blocked. No one on the local forums knew where he lived, but one did have a last name. So i just planned to visit all of the places with the last names in his general area. (small town) The first one was a hit. I knocked and he came out and looked like he had seen a host. He had just bought a miata. He had done no work to my head, so i told him he needed to go to the atm and get me my cash back. It worked out well, maybe because i was twice his size.

that's illegal. you need the gov't.
Braineack is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I need your help! Been scammed.


Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.