the local miata scene is a bunch of butt-hurt dorks - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Insert BS here A place to discuss anything you want

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-12-2006, 01:26 PM   #1
Tour de Franzia
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default the local miata scene is a bunch of butt-hurt dorks

dork is just the only term to describe it. laksfoasinvaiohas,ghghaghaklb

they're all such jack asses.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 01:32 PM   #2
Tour de Franzia
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

on the forum atleast.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 01:48 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,450
Total Cats: -1
Default

Eh? What you say?

I don't get it, man.
bripab007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 02:14 PM   #4
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: irvine, ca
Posts: 729
Total Cats: 0
Default

get used to it. of the 4 miata clubs i've participated in, each had two distinctive groups: motorheads and whine & cheesers.

the motorheads are the people who are driving enthusiasts. they like the performance end of the spectrum. the whine & cheesers want to add every little chrome piece of crap to their interior and participate in winery tours. the key is to lay low and put out small "feeler" questions about what you like to do.

one of the clubs i belonged to in michigan had strong divisions among the two groups. on their email group, one of the biggest whine & cheesers in the club called me out as a profanity-spewing motorhead (lightly put). before i could respond, friends of mine in the club replied using my previous posts and emails proving i had never used profanity. it caused a huge uproar that literally disintegrated the club. about half of the club (including myself) defected to another miata club while others went to another. it left that once-large club with approximately 1/3 of the total membership they had 60 days before. six years later, they haven't fully recovered.

it was one grumpy retired old fart who had twisted the reality so far in his own mind that destroyed it for everyone.

i hear this sort of thing has happened in other clubs. i currently belong to the carolinas miata club. during a spirited drive a few months before i moved here, some enthusiasts shot out in front. a cheeser tried to follow and wound up flipping his car. now, there are still a lot of enthusiasts in the club and they warned me to keep a low profile because of that incident.

a club for the ENJOYMENT of a CAR should NOT have politics.
kung fu jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 02:28 PM   #5
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,809
Total Cats: 1,780
Default

us local guys that get together are cool. The local miata club (MSCW) is another story.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 02:55 PM   #6
Senior Member
iTrader: (7)
 
nicacus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SLC UT
Posts: 1,133
Total Cats: 0
Default

at least there are people around you guys... there is nothing but ricey civics up here in the hood
nicacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 03:17 PM   #7
Elite Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Concord, North Carolina
Posts: 4,172
Total Cats: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kung fu jesus View Post
get used to it. of the 4 miata clubs i've participated in, each had two distinctive groups: motorheads and whine & cheesers.

the motorheads are the people who are driving enthusiasts. they like the performance end of the spectrum. the whine & cheesers want to add every little chrome piece of crap to their interior and participate in winery tours. the key is to lay low and put out small "feeler" questions about what you like to do.

one of the clubs i belonged to in michigan had strong divisions among the two groups. on their email group, one of the biggest whine & cheesers in the club called me out as a profanity-spewing motorhead (lightly put). before i could respond, friends of mine in the club replied using my previous posts and emails proving i had never used profanity. it caused a huge uproar that literally disintegrated the club. about half of the club (including myself) defected to another miata club while others went to another. it left that once-large club with approximately 1/3 of the total membership they had 60 days before. six years later, they haven't fully recovered.

it was one grumpy retired old fart who had twisted the reality so far in his own mind that destroyed it for everyone.

i hear this sort of thing has happened in other clubs. i currently belong to the carolinas miata club. during a spirited drive a few months before i moved here, some enthusiasts shot out in front. a cheeser tried to follow and wound up flipping his car. now, there are still a lot of enthusiasts in the club and they warned me to keep a low profile because of that incident.

a club for the ENJOYMENT of a CAR should NOT have politics.
Yeah...my car is far from mint and primer black ( I bought it green and red...so it is an improvement, I swear!) but I get the ricer treatment...:(

Do you belong in any clubs down here, I haven't been able to really meet w/ any of the miata clubs in NC.
miatamania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 04:07 PM   #8
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,809
Total Cats: 1,780
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kung fu jesus View Post
a club for the ENJOYMENT of a CAR should NOT have politics.
That's why it's fun to have Phillip the Dictator here.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 04:16 PM   #9
Junior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
that7guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Bethesda, MD
Posts: 428
Total Cats: 7
Default

Is it possable to be both a "wine and cheeser" and a gearhead? My turbo pipes are polished to almost a chrome and so is my valve cover. I in no way like to sip on wine and talk gibberjabber like old farts but I do like my performance stuff to look purdie. Not form over function but "Function with asthetics"
that7guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 05:10 PM   #10
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: irvine, ca
Posts: 729
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miatamania View Post
Yeah...my car is far from mint and primer black ( I bought it green and red...so it is an improvement, I swear!) but I get the ricer treatment...:(

Do you belong in any clubs down here, I haven't been able to really meet w/ any of the miata clubs in NC.
i belong to the CMC. i primarily attend the tech day events because they are close to my home and i can teach people some good repair tips and such. i was going to take a slot at the Food Lion Autofair at Lowe's motorspeedway this weekend, but I already promised a friend I would goto ATL to watch him do a drift demo (meh).

fortunately, a really good friend of mine from MI moved to mooresville this year. we met through a miata club up there and have been close friends since '01. i like a number of CMC members. Bob Liu from P1 Auto supports the members and his shop is pretty nice. lots of DIY'ers in the club, but the majority are just cruisers. Montgomery Mazda supports the club pretty well. they offer parts and car discounts to the members and such.

for $20/yr i get more out of it than what i put into it.
kung fu jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 05:19 PM   #11
Junior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 57
Total Cats: 0
Default

I like wine and cheese, but I have a TEC3 and a turbo, hmmm. But there's no way I'm taking a winery tour in a Miata. I go with my friends in a minivan and get drunk

But seriously, this divide has been around forever. You can find other gearhead Miata enthusiasts in your area (they probably complain about the same thing about the local club) and then start your own club or loose-knit group and hang out and do tech days or drives.
druz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 05:29 PM   #12
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,809
Total Cats: 1,780
Default

Last time I did a mazda club auto-x (lots of W&Cers) they checked everyones lugs for torque. while he was doing it I asked what torque he was putting them at, just curious. He looked at me like I was a retard and said do you want to run today?

I mean, I might be a retard, but it's nice when people try not to make it as obvious.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 05:51 PM   #13
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
m2cupcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 7,236
Total Cats: 288
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by braineack View Post
He looked at me like I was a retard and said do you want to run today?
I think they've isolated that gene to those who volunteer for postions of minor authority at track events.
m2cupcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 06:39 PM   #14
Elite Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Concord, North Carolina
Posts: 4,172
Total Cats: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2cupcar View Post
I think they've isolated that gene to those who volunteer for postions of minor authority at track events.
lmao...I HATE people like that, there was a guy who argued with me about my rollbar the other day at an auto-x...I think I KNOW how it is installed in my vehicle, I put the damn thing in there and I know how much it costs, and who made it...
miatamania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 06:41 PM   #15
Elite Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Concord, North Carolina
Posts: 4,172
Total Cats: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kung fu jesus View Post
i belong to the CMC. i primarily attend the tech day events because they are close to my home and i can teach people some good repair tips and such. i was going to take a slot at the Food Lion Autofair at Lowe's motorspeedway this weekend, but I already promised a friend I would goto ATL to watch him do a drift demo (meh).

fortunately, a really good friend of mine from MI moved to mooresville this year. we met through a miata club up there and have been close friends since '01. i like a number of CMC members. Bob Liu from P1 Auto supports the members and his shop is pretty nice. lots of DIY'ers in the club, but the majority are just cruisers. Montgomery Mazda supports the club pretty well. they offer parts and car discounts to the members and such.

for $20/yr i get more out of it than what i put into it.
I think I might join, I've met a couple people from there at autofair last year, some W&C but some really cool guys. Its good to know, I'll be needing tech advice and stuff like that soon, so maybe its not a bad idea. What the median age of CMC would you say..?
miatamania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 08:35 PM   #16
Junior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 70
Total Cats: 0
Default

Does anyone know how the san diego miata club is?
Fallin Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 09:37 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,167
Total Cats: -1
Default

I've abandoned trying to hang with miata crew in florida, they are all talk, talk too much ****, and Their cars are ricy, the fastest 1 in that group is a 1.8 with a jr supercharger,they are anoying as they are ignorent, this one dude there tried flirting with my wife till she clocked him sensless in the face...Lol I laughed so hard, becuase thats what I wanted to do and she beat me to it?
RicanmiataRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 09:47 PM   #18
Senior Member
iTrader: (7)
 
nicacus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SLC UT
Posts: 1,133
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicanmiataRacer View Post
I've abandoned trying to hang with miata crew in florida, they are all talk, talk too much ****, and Their cars are ricy, the fastest 1 in that group is a 1.8 with a jr supercharger,they are anoying as they are ignorent, this one dude there tried flirting with my wife till she clocked him sensless in the face...Lol I laughed so hard, becuase thats what I wanted to do and she beat me to it?
you could have round housed him in the face afterwords, just for good measure..
nicacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 09:55 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,167
Total Cats: -1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicacus View Post
you could have round housed him in the face afterwords, just for good measure..
Yea I could have... , But I think she actually broke his nose...Suprised to hell Out of how hard she hit him, LoL Shes such a small thing too lol, then again shes strong for her lil frame, she tackled me to the ground the other day when I was washing the car
RicanmiataRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 09:58 PM   #20
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: irvine, ca
Posts: 729
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miatamania View Post
I think I might join, I've met a couple people from there at autofair last year, some W&C but some really cool guys. Its good to know, I'll be needing tech advice and stuff like that soon, so maybe its not a bad idea. What the median age of CMC would you say..?
i'm 33 and usually one of the youngest ones at the meetings. i think there is a tech day in october off harris blvd, about a mile east of i-77. one of the members owns a heavy equipment contracting business and we use his company's garage. last year someone helped me install my m2 top on my '92.
kung fu jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bunch of NB stuff - mspnp2, begi intake mani, injectors mikeflys1 Miata parts for sale/trade 12 05-01-2016 10:51 AM
starting issue Johnny Tater Engine Performance 3 09-23-2015 07:10 PM
NA/NB Spherical Bearing Upper Mounts greddygalant Miata parts for sale/trade 0 09-18-2015 09:00 PM
VE values too low? compuw22c MEGAsquirt 4 09-12-2015 08:42 PM
WTB parts for HPDE car Voltwings WTB 5 09-11-2015 09:23 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:13 AM.