NC owners slay me - Page 2 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Insert BS here A place to discuss anything you want

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-31-2008, 04:24 PM   #21
Junior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Southern Oregon
Posts: 93
Total Cats: 0
Default

I lock my doors......keep my 44 behind the seat.
mad0953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 04:31 PM   #22
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,175
Total Cats: 2,576
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
I see what you mean
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 04:49 PM   #23
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 199
Total Cats: 0
Default

Here is three pages about the 'Miata Wave'

http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread...2&page=1&pp=25

YES I am BORED at work
gwilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 04:53 PM   #24
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,175
Total Cats: 2,576
Default

Here's my "miata wave"


and +1 on bored at work....holy ****, I never thought id run out of things to do on the internet, but it seem that I am getting close
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 05:17 PM   #25
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 55
Total Cats: 0
Default

Are you kidding me? These guys are bitching because people don't wave back? Grow up and realize the world we live in.
NoirRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 05:23 PM   #26
jwx
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: North of Atlanta
Posts: 78
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirRacer View Post
Are you kidding me? These guys are bitching because people don't wave back? Grow up and realize the world we live in.
Subaru owners do the same thing.
jwx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 05:28 PM   #27
Elite Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Saml01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 5,730
Total Cats: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwx View Post
Subaru owners do the same thing.
What blow off valve should I buy dur dur dur.

I started posting over nasioc because I am considering a Subaru, after spending a week reading and posting... I think im gonna buy an Evo instead.
Saml01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 05:34 PM   #28
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 8,782
Total Cats: 119
Default

I'd buy one of these... i'd prefer to shave my handles though and pop the doors open with a solenoid but I don't have the fine motor coordination skillz to make that look acceptable :(
Faeflora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 05:51 PM   #29
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 199
Total Cats: 0
Default

Waving at a NC is like waving at a Solstice
gwilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 05:57 PM   #30
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: vancouver canada
Posts: 1,618
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18psi View Post
Here's my "miata wave"
Here's my "miata wave"to the wine & cheesers
spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 06:54 PM   #31
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,175
Total Cats: 2,576
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saml01 View Post
What blow off valve should I buy dur dur dur.

I started posting over nasioc because I am considering a Subaru, after spending a week reading and posting... I think im gonna buy an Evo instead.
that so stereotypical...wow...and you think the evo crowd is any better? hahahahha
I wish you the best no matter which car you get, but judging the subaru community based off a retarded site like nasioc is pretty shortsighted.

ps: and FALSE on the bov: 80% of the subaru crowd I know have either stock ones or recirculating. The ricers that discuss them exist in every car club.

good luck
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 07:06 PM   #32
Newb
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Western Washington
Posts: 35
Total Cats: 0
Default

wtf??!!

Quote:
Maybe we need a special "Miata Wave," like a gang sign, but without all the thug connotations. Something other Miata owners will recognize without wondering why some guy just waved to him. "I love you" in sign language (also the "surf's up" sign) makes an 'M' with the middle and ring fingers. That would work, but Miata owners already have enough trouble with sexual-preference assumptions without signing "I love you" to strangers!
david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 07:22 PM   #33
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,175
Total Cats: 2,576
Default

18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 07:42 PM   #34
Senior Member
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South Eastern Wisconsin
Posts: 1,282
Total Cats: 0
Default

I never lock my car doors unless if I am worried about the CAR getting stolen, and even then I only lock them because I know that someone cutting my top adds a few more seconds to the slim odds of being caught. Other than that, my CD player is worth less than my windows and top so **** it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18psi View Post
ps: and FALSE on the bov: 80% of the subaru crowd I know have either stock ones or recirculating. The ricers that discuss them exist in every car club.
Ha I disagree, EVERY friend of mine with a WRX or STi has the loudest BOV they could find. I went down for some Chi-town races a few weeks back, and every single subaru there was being obnoxious with their retarded Really ******* Lame bov. Maybe its just this area lol.
ApexOnYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 11:39 PM   #35
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,175
Total Cats: 2,576
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexOnYou View Post


Ha I disagree, EVERY friend of mine with a WRX or STi has the loudest BOV they could find. I went down for some Chi-town races a few weeks back, and every single subaru there was being obnoxious with their retarded Really ******* Lame bov. Maybe its just this area lol.
Agreed: some area's are filled with ricers. Well, I can say I take pride in the fact that every single subaru ive tuned ran the stocker, or I made them put one on or I wouldnt tune it lol...

It really depends on whether the subaru's are part of a club/group or just random 16yo ricers....Because those guys find the loudest stupidest **** and rock it with pride.......the real enthusiasts are the ones driving around sounding/looking stock or very mild/quiet, with 400+whp on tap.....
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 01:20 AM   #36
Elite Member
iTrader: (11)
 
Trent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,625
Total Cats: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexOnYou View Post
I never lock my car doors unless if I am worried about the CAR getting stolen, and even then I only lock them because I know that someone cutting my top adds a few more seconds to the slim odds of being caught. Other than that, my CD player is worth less than my windows and top so **** it.
+1.

And my car is so ugly, I don't really have to worry about it being stolen. lol.
Trent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 01:35 AM   #37
I'm Miserable!
iTrader: (5)
 
bryantaylor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: jacksonville, fl
Posts: 1,720
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad0953 View Post
I lock my doors......keep my 44 behind the seat.
yep, my cars stay locked too. either a .380 or a 9mm is usually garenteed to be in there.
bryantaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 02:48 AM   #38
Senior Member
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South Eastern Wisconsin
Posts: 1,282
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18psi View Post
Agreed: some area's are filled with ricers. Well, I can say I take pride in the fact that every single subaru ive tuned ran the stocker, or I made them put one on or I wouldnt tune it lol...

It really depends on whether the subaru's are part of a club/group or just random 16yo ricers....Because those guys find the loudest stupidest **** and rock it with pride.......the real enthusiasts are the ones driving around sounding/looking stock or very mild/quiet, with 400+whp on tap.....
Yeah, I didn't mean to imply that you were one of those guys, you don't seem like that type. Speaking of NASIOC, that is about the gayest forum I have ever been on. Too many douche bags on there.
ApexOnYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 05:53 AM   #39
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 55
Total Cats: 0
Default

If you go with an Evo, check out www.mitsubishi-forums.com
NoirRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 10:08 AM   #40
Elite Member
iTrader: (30)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Va Beach
Posts: 7,282
Total Cats: 0
Default

So you guys leave your convertible top car locked with your gun in it? Nice gift for whoever breaks in if you ask me.

I leave my doors unlocked for the same reason Apex stated. Id much rather replace a radio or a few CD's then to have to replace my top or a broken window.
__________________
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
levnubhin is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project Gemini - Turbo Civic on the Cheap Full_Tilt_Boogie Build Threads 57 07-19-2017 05:11 PM
1994 Spec Miata Race Car SM/SM2/SSM For Sale Quinn Cars for sale/trade 6 10-23-2016 08:58 AM
[CT] 1999 Mazda Miata 10th Anniversary Edition - $5800 Jike Spingleton Cars for sale/trade 3 09-20-2016 05:33 PM
Odd Steering issue interestedofold Suspension, Brakes, Drivetrain 5 09-29-2015 02:42 PM
WTB HPDE miata - Texas Voltwings Cars for sale/trade 0 09-27-2015 07:40 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:50 AM.