Need help picking a new car. - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Insert BS here A place to discuss anything you want

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-05-2012, 01:14 PM   #1
Crumple Zone Tester
Thread Starter
iTrader: (7)
 
mgeoffriau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jackson, MS
Posts: 7,656
Total Cats: 447
Default Need help picking a new car.

Requirements:
  • Must have 4 wheels (can compromise on this for right vehicle)
  • Glass windows preferred
  • Some kind of controls for throttle and steering. Braking too.
  • A place to sit down while I operate it?
  • Must have paint
  • 95% of the time I will be alone, but must be able to hold 14 friends the other 5% of the time
  • Must get at least 14 mpg and have at least 108 bhp. Will not budge on these requirements.

Fire away!
mgeoffriau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:27 PM   #2
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 3,325
Total Cats: 235
Default

Kick *** daily

It's even a turbo!

Last edited by thenuge26; 09-05-2012 at 01:30 PM. Reason: better link
thenuge26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:32 PM   #3
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,813
Total Cats: 1,780
Default

budget is under 3K right? and must be a 2005 or later model year?
Braineack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:37 PM   #4
Newb
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Hampstead, MD
Posts: 25
Total Cats: -2
Default

I think this is it

Click here
BThomas220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:37 PM   #5
Crumple Zone Tester
Thread Starter
iTrader: (7)
 
mgeoffriau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jackson, MS
Posts: 7,656
Total Cats: 447
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
budget is under 3K right? and must be a 2005 or later model year?
Would prefer newer. No more than 7k miles.
mgeoffriau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:39 PM   #6
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,813
Total Cats: 1,780
Default

later is newer.

late model = lastest model = newest model
Braineack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:41 PM   #7
Crumple Zone Tester
Thread Starter
iTrader: (7)
 
mgeoffriau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jackson, MS
Posts: 7,656
Total Cats: 447
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
later is newer.

late model = lastest model = newest model
I know. 2005 is pretty old. I would prefer newer than that.

But seriously, $3K? Who do you think I am, Malibu Pusha?
mgeoffriau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:44 PM   #8
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,813
Total Cats: 1,780
Default

haha.
Braineack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:44 PM   #9
Elite Member
iTrader: (21)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 5,684
Total Cats: 555
Default

There's a $1200 Miata posted recently. 1995, but for that priice you can't go wrong.
rleete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:34 PM   #10
meatbag
iTrader: (50)
 
gospeed81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 7,357
Total Cats: 26
Default

Miata is the only answer.
gospeed81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:40 PM   #11
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 125
Total Cats: -160
Default

I got a miata for 1500 lol
Boomboombambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:52 PM   #12
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 8,782
Total Cats: 119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgeoffriau View Post
[*]95% of the time I will be alone, but must be able to hold 14 friends the other 5% of the time[/LIST]
This is clearly the defining requirement. You need this.

Attached Thumbnails
Need help picking a new car.-331fbc7ada.jpg  
Faeflora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:54 PM   #13
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 3,325
Total Cats: 235
Default

Also anyone asking something like this is probably lying about the 5% of the time.
thenuge26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:18 PM   #14
Elite Member
iTrader: (21)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 5,684
Total Cats: 555
Default

I believe this is the part where we need to have proof of that many actual friends before any more suggestions are made.
rleete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:05 PM   #15
Elite Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Saml01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 5,730
Total Cats: 2
Default

Some kind of minivan. Supercharged Previa gets my vote.
Saml01 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project Gemini - Turbo Civic on the Cheap Full_Tilt_Boogie Build Threads 57 07-19-2017 05:11 PM
WTB MP62 (Hotside) (NB2) Rick02R WTB 3 01-03-2016 08:18 PM
Expected intake temps on the track? tazswing Race Prep 20 10-03-2015 12:04 PM
Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump $50 lsc224 Miata parts for sale/trade 2 10-01-2015 10:17 AM
3rd Time's a Charm...hopefully. zephyrusaurai Meet and Greet 2 09-28-2015 11:59 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:28 AM.