Palin - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Insert BS here A place to discuss anything you want

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-02-2008, 01:37 PM   #1
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Posts: 1,378
Total Cats: 0
Default Palin

A ---- or not a ----, that is the question.




Continuation from here:

https://www.miataturbo.net/forum/sho...d=1#post303701


Quote:
Originally Posted by levnubhin View Post
Meh that could work but again were getting away from responsibilities here. When did the government, teachers, schools become responsible for our kids? If my teenage daughter gets pregnant or my teenage son get a girl pregnant IT'S MY FAMILIES PROBLEM. Not yours, not the government and not the schools and teachers. When are parents gonna be held responsible for what their under age kids are doing?

Again

When are parents gonna be held responsible for what their under age kids are doing?
This is more of an arguement about how hilarious and hypocritical it is that Palin; the queen of the religious right, has a preggo daughter.

It goes to show how well those abstinence only parenting and teaching works.
naarleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 01:39 PM   #2
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Posts: 1,378
Total Cats: 0
Default

And lets not go into how hilariously disqualified she is for the job.

A communications/journalism degree from the University of Idaho..

Mayor of a town in Alaska with fewer people than I've fucked

Governor of Alaska, really? I dont care if she had 100 years of experience, let alone 2. Alaska?

hmmph
naarleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 01:43 PM   #3
Elite Member
iTrader: (30)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Va Beach
Posts: 7,282
Total Cats: 0
Default

Weather it works or not isnt the issue. Yes it obviously failed in her case. My argument is who is now responsidle for said baby? The Government or the family? I couldnt care less who is have habies and how old they are. Have all the babies you want. Just dont take my money away from me and my family to now support them.
__________________
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
levnubhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 01:44 PM   #4
Elite Member
iTrader: (30)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Va Beach
Posts: 7,282
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by naarleven View Post
And lets not go into how hilariously disqualified she is for the job.

A communications/journalism degree from the University of Idaho..

Mayor of a town in Alaska with fewer people than I've fucked

Governor of Alaska, really? I dont care if she had 100 years of experience, let alone 2. Alaska?

hmmph

I hope you feel the same way about Obama.
__________________
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
levnubhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 01:47 PM   #5
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,813
Total Cats: 1,780
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by levnubhin View Post
I hope you feel the same way about Obama.

my thoughts exactly. ------ please....can't even get DMX to support you.
Braineack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 01:52 PM   #6
Elite Member
iTrader: (30)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Va Beach
Posts: 7,282
Total Cats: 0
Default

And he's running for President, 1st in command. Not VICE President.
__________________
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
levnubhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 01:52 PM   #7
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Posts: 1,378
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
my thoughts exactly. ------ please....can't even get DMX to support you.

Senator Barack Hussein Obama Jr.

Education:
JD, Harvard Law School, 1991
BA, Columbia University, 1983
Attended, Occidental College.


Professional Experience:
Attorney
Lecturer.

Political Experience:
Senator, United States Senate, 2005-present
Keynote Speaker, 2004 Democratic National Convention
Senator, Illinois State Senate, 1996-2004.

He's already got 100k ups on Palin.

Not saying hes my ideal candidate at all. In fact I don't consider myself a economic liberal at all. But at least he went to the number 1 school in the US and is extremely well educated and well spoken and one of the best figureheads I could imagine at the helm. Palin on the other hand has barely been governor yet, went to a tier 3 school, with a degree that has little or nothing to do with politics and has little experience with anything.

My arguement for Obama has always been one of "I don't agree with his politics, but as far as the politics of 'what we look like on the world stage' go, hes the best one for the office".
naarleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 01:55 PM   #8
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Posts: 1,378
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by levnubhin View Post
And he's running for President, 1st in command. Not VICE President.
VP is an extremely important role. President of the Senate, next in line incase McCain has his 3rd bout of Melinoma.
naarleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 01:55 PM   #9
Elite Member
iTrader: (30)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Va Beach
Posts: 7,282
Total Cats: 0
Default

I dont see any Executive experience there. In fact neither of the 2 in the Democratic party have any executive experience. Im not sayin Palin or McCain is any better, but your argument over experience is very weak.
__________________
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
levnubhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 01:58 PM   #10
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: VA, Germany, Afghanistan
Posts: 2,967
Total Cats: 3
Default

Neither of the candidates are worth a damn. In my opinion we never will have a worthy president in office because the people that could run it properly won't run because they don't want their family drug through the mud like Palin's is right now....Colin Powell for example would be one of the best presidents the country has ever seen.
KPLAFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 02:01 PM   #11
Elite Member
iTrader: (30)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Va Beach
Posts: 7,282
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPLAFIN View Post
Neither of the candidates are worth a damn. In my opinion we never will have a worthy president in office because the people that could run it properly won't run because they don't want their family drug through the mud like Palin's is right now....Colin Powell for example would be one of the best presidents the country has ever seen.

I think that sums it up. Either way were screwed in one way or another.
__________________
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
levnubhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 02:23 PM   #12
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,813
Total Cats: 1,780
Default

yep. they are all a gimmick and a joke. hell if obama really wanted to win, he should have picked mccain as a running mate.
Braineack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 02:38 PM   #13
Elite Member
iTrader: (11)
 
Trent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,625
Total Cats: 5
Default

I don't give a crap about this topic in THIS thread either. This is NOT news!!!!!!
Trent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 02:59 PM   #14
Elite Member
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Taos, New mexico
Posts: 5,702
Total Cats: 236
Default

6 of one, half a dozen of the other..
Fireindc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 03:08 PM   #15
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,813
Total Cats: 1,780
Default

I mean if you really wanna do the point for point thing:

http://www.floppingaces.net/2008/08/...inexperienced/
Braineack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 03:15 PM   #16
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Posts: 1,378
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
I mean if you really wanna do the point for point thing:

http://www.floppingaces.net/2008/08/...inexperienced/
Because thats not a biased analysis at allll

edit: after reading through that, it appears that website is the largest collection of neo-con trash i've ever seen.

edit: and before you kids go and bash me and call me a liberal, understand i'm not at all. In fact I am just fervently anti-war and anti-neo conservative.

Last edited by naarleven; 09-02-2008 at 03:25 PM.
naarleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 03:34 PM   #17
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,813
Total Cats: 1,780
Default

Braineack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 04:30 PM   #18
y8s
2 Props,3 Dildos,& 1 Cat
iTrader: (8)
 
y8s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Fake Virginia
Posts: 19,037
Total Cats: 406
Default

Chosen in desperation.

Read this before it goes subscription only:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/02/us...etting.html?hp
y8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 06:17 PM   #19
Newb
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Western Washington
Posts: 35
Total Cats: 0
Default

LOL.. "A ---- or not a ----, that is the question."

Great way to start a political debate.
david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 07:13 PM   #20
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,997
Total Cats: 1
Default

Personally, I could not be more thrilled with Palin. I think that'll blow up nicely in McCain's face. I'm NOT voting for Obama either, only because in my state he'll get the votes anyway so I'd rather vote for someone I believe in. Obama is not liberal enough for me. That's right I said it. Still I'd rather him than the other possibility.
johndoe is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ITT: matthewdesigns displays his ignorance matthewdesigns Current Events, News, Politics 18 08-19-2011 11:36 AM
Shooting in Tucson xturner Current Events, News, Politics 44 01-17-2011 12:40 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:33 AM.