pissed catholic mom - Page 2 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Insert BS here A place to discuss anything you want

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-18-2007, 11:05 PM   #21
FHS
Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Los Angeles, Ca.
Posts: 502
Total Cats: 0
Default

...the irony...
FHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 11:10 PM   #22
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: vancouver canada
Posts: 1,618
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
worse, Canadian.
I'm Canadian.

What's wrong with Canadians?
spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 11:37 PM   #23
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by y8s View Post
so jesus is about threats...
no, its about choice. Love jesus, or burn in hell forever!!!!!!!
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 12:04 AM   #24
Boost Czar
Thread Starter
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,892
Total Cats: 1,792
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike View Post
I'm Canadian.

What's wrong with Canadians?

it made a good pun.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 12:12 AM   #25
Elite Member
iTrader: (14)
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 4,921
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike View Post
I'm Canadian.

What's wrong with Canadians?
Where to start? Better to ask what's right.

We have good beer
jayc72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 12:15 AM   #26
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: vancouver canada
Posts: 1,618
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayc72 View Post

We have good beer
Oh hell yeah we sure do have good beer.
spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 12:18 AM   #27
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: vancouver canada
Posts: 1,618
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustler View Post
no, its about choice. Love jesus, or burn in hell forever!!!!!!!
Heaven & Hell is what you make(as a person)of it while your living,not a place where you go to after you die for the choices you made while you were living.
spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 12:20 AM   #28
Elite Member
iTrader: (7)
 
samnavy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: VIRGINIA BEACH, VA
Posts: 6,020
Total Cats: 175
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefe View Post
My parents used to give the same riot act when I was a kid...
Then the girls starting blooming, and I found 'real' reasons to go..
Church 'Youth Group' was great for hookups
Lucky... not with me. Some hot chick I was interested in wanted me to go... so I did. It sucked. I never went back... and I never got any.

Dated quite a few "religious" chicks over the years. They were all pretty boring and didn't put out. Not my style.
samnavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 12:30 AM   #29
y8s
2 Props,3 Dildos,& 1 Cat
iTrader: (8)
 
y8s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Fake Virginia
Posts: 19,038
Total Cats: 407
Default

super super super hot girl I met through a friend was very religious. she wouldn't watch star trek because it implied life other than on earth. she was also crazy. sad. had to settle for making out and a little grope-age.
y8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 01:24 AM   #30
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: irvine, ca
Posts: 729
Total Cats: 0
Default

feh. it IS ultimately the kid's choice.

i'm catholic and i struggled with the "you must do this" bullshit, so i backed away for a while. i came to grips that i couldn't possibly "do that", or mainly all of "that". that's fine. i don't preach to anyone, and i don't let anyone preach to me. i keep my personal beliefs to myself, which is how it ought to be. this post is a bit of an exception. my beliefs help keep me grounded and gives me inner strength when i doubt. bleh. everyone should be free to believe as they wish.
kung fu jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 08:26 AM   #31
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kung fu jesus View Post
feh. it IS ultimately the kid's choice.
Its not about anyone's choice in a sittuation like this, its the responsibility to make your children follow the faith.


I remember back when I was like 5, and my grandmother making my sister and I go to a church with snake handling. It was cool.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 09:54 AM   #32
Boost Czar
Thread Starter
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,892
Total Cats: 1,792
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustler View Post
I remember back when I was like 5, and my grandmother making my sister and I go to a church with snake handling. It was cool.
Crap...i would have gone to that church....
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 11:05 AM   #33
y8s
2 Props,3 Dildos,& 1 Cat
iTrader: (8)
 
y8s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Fake Virginia
Posts: 19,038
Total Cats: 407
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kung fu jesus View Post
feh. it IS ultimately the kid's choice.

i'm catholic and i struggled with the "you must do this" bullshit, so i backed away for a while. i came to grips that i couldn't possibly "do that", or mainly all of "that". that's fine. i don't preach to anyone, and i don't let anyone preach to me. i keep my personal beliefs to myself, which is how it ought to be. this post is a bit of an exception. my beliefs help keep me grounded and gives me inner strength when i doubt. bleh. everyone should be free to believe as they wish.
see now I can respect YOU as a catholic because you dont smear it on my face.

I can not respect my aunt and uncle (fundamentalists) who send me ridiculous emails about super-right wing politics and how driving an SUV wont hurt the environment because jesus will inhale all the carbon emissions (I'm paraphrasing) and when I tell them never to email me again, they MAIL me books on how we were all misled by "science" and evolution is a hoax.

so yeah, believe what you want but when I say to stop harassing me, for the love of whoever, leave me the **** alone!
y8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 01:24 PM   #34
Elite Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Mach929's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: lansdale PA
Posts: 2,500
Total Cats: 0
Default

my grandmother who abanadoned the family and left my grandfather about 10 years ago, one day out of the blue for my birthday she sent me a bible. she never did anything good in her life.

My other grandparts still love to press religion on me, it's probably the reason i hate it. When i was little they would force me to go to church and i hated it then, i used to get myself kicked out
Mach929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 02:00 PM   #35
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Holiday, FL
Posts: 563
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach929 View Post
i can't ******* stand religion, any religion. they're all right, all wrong. My imanginary friend is better than yours, lets hate each other, kill each other, start wars. makes sense to me


religion can kiss my ***, I don't believe in anything.

If someone wants to believe something, fine by me. Just don't come telling me I'm wrong and you're right or I'm going to kick you in the sack and stick pencils in your eyes.
Fritch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 10:19 PM   #36
Elite Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Houston
Posts: 2,904
Total Cats: 4
Default

bad example from the lady.

I don't agree with half of you.

I will pray for you all.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
C. S. Lewis
Pitlab77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 10:32 PM   #37
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
Crap...i would have gone to that church....
yeah, thinking back...I'd like to see that **** again.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 10:44 PM   #38
I'm Miserable!
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 858
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitlab77 View Post
I don't agree with half of you.

I will pray for you all.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
C. S. Lewis
You are wrong for believing in God.

I hope you will come to your senses.

I can prove there is no God because I can't prove there is one.

Sounds offensive and crass, but it's the exact thing you said just reversed. I think some people who are in the majority fail to realize the implications of things they say because they are so used to being backed up by everyone else.
SloS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 11:02 PM   #39
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,997
Total Cats: 1
Default

it's an easy way to cope with things. thinking you're child and 32 other were killed because "god" wanted them to be in heaven is easier than thinking i can't have an open casket and now my kids going to rot in the ground for example. Of course this kind of thinking also tends to stop an questioning as to the real reasons things happen. What really gets me though is Christian's who are pro war and pro death penalty but anti-abortion. The main thing for me though is even if there is a god do you think he really gives a **** if you care if he's there? An all powerful being who created the universe has a personal investment in me? Sounds more than a little narcissistic and hopeful to me. If he's there good for him/her/it if not, at least I didn't waste my time worrying about it. On a side note, philosophically I really like Jesus, but why the hell don't you ever see a brown Jesus? Where there a lot of pale dudes in the middle east at that time?
johndoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 11:11 PM   #40
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: irvine, ca
Posts: 729
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by y8s View Post
see now I can respect YOU as a catholic because you dont smear it on my face.
i appreciate that like i appreciate other people's beliefs. my wife has a good friend who is jewish and is very much respectful of her faith and heritage. we helped her get back on her feet after a setback in her life. she told us we were the best christians she had even known, i told her that we were just good human beings andour religion didn't have anything to do with it.

i grew up in detroit, had friends of every faith, even though i went to parochial school. religious beliefs don't have anything to do with friendship, we just had a lot of fun together and learned a lot from one another.

i feel a lot of 'religious' people use their faith to fill in the gaps their ignorance creates. it closes their thinking and perception of other possibilities and solutions. it also gives them fear. fear of being wrong or misguided. that fear drives them into a staunch thinking position and just amplifies their insecurities. my mother is bit like this. i just smile and nod because i'm not going to change her views and i don't believe i have the authority to attemp it, as with other people.

my beliefs are my personal PRIVATE intellectual property, as yours should be too.
kung fu jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The "just have fun build" nelson8708 Build Threads 9 09-26-2015 10:07 AM
Noobie first post p51ofaces Meet and Greet 6 09-17-2015 10:08 AM
I am going to shoot my car... Joe Perez DIY Turbo Discussion 14 09-19-2007 10:11 PM
people piss me off nicacus Insert BS here 27 09-22-2006 10:33 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:40 PM.