Problem with geese - Page 2 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Insert BS here A place to discuss anything you want

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-23-2010, 12:18 AM   #21
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 8,038
Total Cats: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPLAFIN View Post
You shoot your possum in Birmingham? Up in Huntsville/Decatur they usually just drive around for a while with a shovel and wait to find a nice flat one, saves the $.40 or so the bullet would cost and the meat's pre-tenderized.
Maybe in Huntsville they do, we have a little class here in the salty ham, geez. The bullet wasn't $.40 though, it was a reload I melted down from my grandfathers collection of Confederate civil war bullets. THE CONFEDERACY WILL RISE AGAIN!!! YEEE HAWWW!

And for the record, Miata2Fast shouldn't really be saying ****. I Have spent my fair share of time in Florida and they have their fair share of toothless rednecks. Only difference is the sunburn and flip flops. *cough* Of course I have to leave the private fenced neighborhood where the beach house is to see this. We be high class rednecks with money! Dangerous!
NA6C-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 12:22 AM   #22
Elite Member
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Overland Park, Kansas
Posts: 5,382
Total Cats: 43
Default



/Thread
elesjuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 12:23 AM   #23
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 8,038
Total Cats: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesjuan View Post


/Thread
Indeed /thread. Not sure I would want to risk getting thrown in jail over a nasty ******* goose though.
NA6C-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 12:35 AM   #24
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
miata2fast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Dover, FL
Posts: 2,894
Total Cats: 109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA6C-Guy View Post
No. Would you like to be? What does me not liking birds have to do with my dental history. I don't follow your retarded comment.

Do you drink heavily and beat your wife, and drive a truck with 15 friends in the back on your way to work? I saw you are a landscaper, just had to know. See, at least mine has basis.
You have talked enough **** to me. Learn to take it like a man.
miata2fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 12:42 AM   #25
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 8,038
Total Cats: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miata2fast View Post
You have talked enough **** to me. Learn to take it like a man.
I've talked **** to you? Don't recall that, but OK. If you haven't noticed, I talk a little **** to just about everyone, so don't feel too special. Take it like a man.
NA6C-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 12:44 AM   #26
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 2,980
Total Cats: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesjuan View Post


/Thread
I still have not purchased my tax stamp or sound reducer (not really a silencer - back to the clip vs magazine thing <G>) but I have been at the range when someone shot a P22 with a reducer on it. Pretty impressive...
rmcelwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 12:49 AM   #27
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
miata2fast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Dover, FL
Posts: 2,894
Total Cats: 109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA6C-Guy View Post
I've talked **** to you? Don't recall that, but OK. If you haven't noticed, I talk a little **** to just about everyone, so don't feel too special. Take it like a man.
Grow up. Make car fast. Profit.
miata2fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 12:49 AM   #28
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 8,038
Total Cats: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmcelwee View Post
I still have not purchased my tax stamp or sound reducer (not really a silencer - back to the clip vs magazine thing <G>) but I have been at the range when someone shot a P22 with a reducer on it. Pretty impressive...
Did it have any effect on the accuracy, or did you notice? Not that a .22 tiny pistol has any to begin with. Of course it's not like I have any real use for such a thing outside of the cool factor.
NA6C-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 12:50 AM   #29
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 8,038
Total Cats: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miata2fast View Post
Grow up. Make car fast. Profit.
Go bolt on an exhaust and gain a second or something... Jesus.
NA6C-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 12:58 AM   #30
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 2,980
Total Cats: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA6C-Guy View Post
Did it have any effect on the accuracy, or did you notice? Not that a .22 tiny pistol has any to begin with. Of course it's not like I have any real use for such a thing outside of the cool factor.
A sound reducer does not have any effect on accuracy since they are not a barrel or an extension of it (they are not the same internal size of the barrel). I have no proof of that, it is just what I have read. Actually, the only proof I offer is that I have a friend who said they kill the accuracy. Since he is 100% wrong on every single statement he has ever uttered about firearms I would think that he was wrong on that as well. I have personally seen him jam a revolver - how in the hell do you do that???
rmcelwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 01:02 AM   #31
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 8,038
Total Cats: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmcelwee View Post
A sound reducer does not have any effect on accuracy since they are not a barrel or an extension of it (they are not the same internal size of the barrel). I have no proof of that, it is just what I have read. Actually, the only proof I offer is that I have a friend who said they kill the accuracy. Since he is 100% wrong on every single statement he has ever uttered about firearms I would think that he was wrong on that as well. I have personally seen him jam a revolver - how in the hell do you do that???
Yeah, that's a good point. I always hear the "suppressors kill accuracy" statement from people. But thinking about it now, I don't see how it would. Unless the brief time it is passing through, the small air gap between the bullet and the inner wall somehow drags it off center ever so slightly. But again, it's not like I or most other people would have a real use for it outside of showing off to a friend or something. Unless you are a hired hit man, but I doubt you would use a P22 in that case anyway.
NA6C-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 01:08 AM   #32
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: VA, Germany, Afghanistan
Posts: 2,967
Total Cats: 3
Default

They reduce range SLIGHTLY but negligible considering the range of a .22 to begin with. Dad has a "suppressed, silenced, whatever" Ruger Mk2 and that thing is a freakin tack driver, I used to take it with me int he woods when I was out for deer when I was 14-15 and **** with squirrels with it when I got too bored (you've never seen something as funny as shooting 3-4inches in front of a squirrel climbing a tree then repeating the process over and over as he turns around and bolts the opposite direction on said tree.)
KPLAFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 01:13 AM   #33
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 8,038
Total Cats: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPLAFIN View Post
They reduce range SLIGHTLY but negligible considering the range of a .22 to begin with. Dad has a "suppressed, silenced, whatever" Ruger Mk2 and that thing is a freakin tack driver, I used to take it with me int he woods when I was out for deer when I was 14-15 and **** with squirrels with it when I got too bored (you've never seen something as funny as shooting 3-4inches in front of a squirrel climbing a tree then repeating the process over and over as he turns around and bolts the opposite direction on said tree.)
Squirrels are fun to mess with. I have a little rat terrier that loves to play with them too, after the fall out of the tree. A lot of the time though, I won't kill them, I will just mess with them with an old, very worn out, underpowered Red Ryder. BB's barely reach the tops of the pine trees, but it hits them hard enough that they run like hell. I pop off as many rounds as I can before they get out of my range. Little nasty furry tree rats.
NA6C-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 01:28 AM   #34
Crumple Zone Tester
iTrader: (7)
 
mgeoffriau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jackson, MS
Posts: 7,656
Total Cats: 447
Default

1" dowel about 36" long, aim for the goose's head like you are playing t-ball again. And even if you hit the t instead of the ball, you still win at goose-killing. Unlike t-ball, where if you hit the t, the ball would just roll off and you'd stand there not knowing if you should try to run to first base or not. And then the damn coach's kid would make fun of you when you got back to the dugout because you suck at t-ball and your hat bill is flat not curved like his hat bill and your hat pushes your ears down funny.
mgeoffriau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 01:30 AM   #35
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: VA, Germany, Afghanistan
Posts: 2,967
Total Cats: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgeoffriau View Post
1" dowel about 36" long, aim for the goose's head like you are playing t-ball again. And even if you hit the t instead of the ball, you still win at goose-killing. Unlike t-ball, where if you hit the t, the ball would just roll off and you'd stand there not knowing if you should try to run to first base or not. And then the damn coach's kid would make fun of you when you got back to the dugout because you suck at t-ball and your hat bill is flat not curved like his hat bill and your hat pushes your ears down funny.
Somebody had a rough childhood.
KPLAFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 01:46 AM   #36
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 8,038
Total Cats: 43
Default

I love this thread so much!
NA6C-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 01:52 AM   #37
Crumple Zone Tester
iTrader: (7)
 
mgeoffriau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jackson, MS
Posts: 7,656
Total Cats: 447
Default

I seriously hated that kid. He also made fun of my socks, because my parents just bought the socks with the stripes printed on them instead of real stirrups, and also one practice he cracked me in the head with a bat when he started goofing off too close to the bench. And he got to play 2B and I played nothing but RF.

I play city league softball now and I like to imagine that the other team is full of "coach's kids"...it's good healthy motivation.
mgeoffriau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 01:54 AM   #38
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 8,038
Total Cats: 43
Default

I "played" T-ball when I was little. The FIRST game after my mom had bought me all of the gear, I don't even think I ever got up to bat, I told my mom I wanted to go home and play in the sandbox. Never been a baseball fan since. I find it boring, even then I guess.
NA6C-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:58 AM   #39
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (21)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 5,684
Total Cats: 555
Default

mgeoffriau, that was hillarious.

After my attempted homicide by Jeep last night, the geese ran when they saw me pull in this morning. No chance to run them over.

faeflora, I am a human. Top of the food chain. Geese could have moved in on the other side, and not messed with me and been fine. They decided to be agressive, so I will make sure that that becomes an evolutionary dead end.
rleete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:13 AM   #40
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 8,038
Total Cats: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rleete View Post
mgeoffriau, that was hillarious.

After my attempted homicide by Jeep last night, the geese ran when they saw me pull in this morning. No chance to run them over.

faeflora, I am a human. Top of the food chain. Geese could have moved in on the other side, and not messed with me and been fine. They decided to be agressive, so I will make sure that that becomes an evolutionary dead end.
I would have no problem with birds if they quit shitting on my stuff, shut their big loud mouths and in the case of geese, stopped chasing people. The other day I had to wash my car because right on the driver door handle area there was a massive pile of **** where it looked like several birds sat in the tree above the car and **** for hours. Washed it and the next day, they came back and **** all over the trunk. Wanted to wait out there for them with my shotgun, but I don't think my neighbors would appreciate that.
NA6C-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My solution for Oiltemp and Oilpressure input into Megasuirt (MS3) Zaphod MEGAsquirt 41 01-24-2016 01:25 PM
Leaky Wilwoods mx592 Suspension, Brakes, Drivetrain 1 10-01-2015 01:45 AM
Odd Steering issue interestedofold Suspension, Brakes, Drivetrain 5 09-29-2015 02:42 PM
Annoying little leaks AlwaysBroken Engine Performance 5 09-06-2015 01:53 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:16 AM.