The Sandra Fluke thread. - Page 4 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Insert BS here A place to discuss anything you want

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-10-2012, 06:22 PM   #61
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 3,325
Total Cats: 235
Default

Who said anything about free? Nobody is getting anything free. How about you actually get something you pay for?

You pay the health insurance company to keep you healthy. When they deny you the medicine you need, that is a problem.

Seriously, just ******* read this already: Rush Limbaugh-Sandra Fluke controversy
thenuge26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:26 PM   #62
Elite Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Pen2_the_penguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 3,690
Total Cats: 97
Default

Birth controls doesnt keep people healthy. It keeps people from making a mistake. Vitamins keep me healthy, but I have to pay for those.

The chemicals USED in birth control have been used separately to treat other ailments, but not the BC itself.
Pen2_the_penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:27 PM   #63
Elite Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Pen2_the_penguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 3,690
Total Cats: 97
Default

rush limpdick is just mad because he got caught pill poppin
Pen2_the_penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:28 PM   #64
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savington View Post
This is only funny if you're a bigot.
Log In | Facebook
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:29 PM   #65
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Perez View Post
Which republican is trying to govern our nation by enforcing religious ideas?

If anything, it sounds to me like the more right-leaning elements of the government, inasmuch as they've paid any attention to the Fluke issue, have tended to favor less interaction between government and religious institutions, by not attempting to use the government to interfere with the policies of a religious institution.
Texas begins enforcing strict anti-abortion sonogram law - U.S. News
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:33 PM   #66
Elite Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Pen2_the_penguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 3,690
Total Cats: 97
Default

Texas is full of crazy people... choosing to have an abortion in cases of accident or rape is an personal option, but then there is choosing to do so far enough down the line where you can see something on a sonogram.


But, i dont believe they should force you to have a sonogram. *******.
Pen2_the_penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:34 PM   #67
y8s
2 Props,3 Dildos,& 1 Cat
iTrader: (8)
 
y8s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Fake Virginia
Posts: 19,037
Total Cats: 406
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Perez View Post
So, if a Mormon owns a convenience store, he must be forced to sell liquor in order to provide the same standard of convenience as a store owned by any other person? If the catholic church owns a grocery store, they must be forced to sell condoms for the same reason?

I don't buy this argument one bit.
OK I get that this was about insurance and not hospitals but for the sake of argument:

If a religious institution wants to play the "hospital game", then there must be a certain level of standards to meet. If not, then they should be treated more like a voodoo clinic or accpuncture shop or chiropractor.

Not all insurance plans cover voodoo and chiropractic care.

She's a lawyer. If she signed on the dotted line for the insurance and the insurance policy clearly stated that she would get no day after pills for those sweaty nights in your arms then I don't see how she really has an argument.

I don't even think the Affordable Care Act (known epithetically to most of you as Obamacare) even requires that insurance pay for birth control.
y8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:36 PM   #68
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen2_the_penguin View Post
Texas is full of crazy people... choosing to have an abortion in cases of accident or rape is an personal option, but then there is choosing to do so far enough down the line where you can see something on a sonogram.


But, i dont believe they should force you to have a sonogram. *******.
Stay on topic, AIDS-man.

I can't get over the logic of this bull-dike knowingly signing a contract for health insurance, then a government stepping-in to change the terms of the religious institution. Religous idiots have the right to be as crazy as they want among themselves. If you don't like it, don't sign the contract.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:37 PM   #69
Elite Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Pen2_the_penguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 3,690
Total Cats: 97
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustler View Post
Stay on topic, AIDS-man.

I can't get over the logic of this bull-dike knowingly signing a contract for health insurance, then a government stepping-in to change the terms of the religious institution. Religous idiots have the right to be as crazy as they want among themselves. If you don't like it, don't sign the contract.
Bingo.

aidsman?




I have no idea why its so hard to simply not agree with terms, dont sign and move on.
Pen2_the_penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:38 PM   #70
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 3,325
Total Cats: 235
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen2_the_penguin View Post
Birth controls doesnt keep people healthy. It keeps people from making a mistake. Vitamins keep me healthy, but I have to pay for those.

The chemicals USED in birth control have been used separately to treat other ailments, but not the BC itself.
Ah, ok, so you are just trolling. Fool me once, shame on you.

Good stuff. You had me for a bit there.
thenuge26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:41 PM   #71
Elite Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Pen2_the_penguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 3,690
Total Cats: 97
Default

You want to pay for our health policy? Here is our terms and conditions.

You signed? So you agree that we wont cover EVERYTHING...

K.



Wait, you want us to change the policy you agreed with because the need came up?



Naw dawg, go somewhere else if you dont like it.
Attached Thumbnails
The Sandra Fluke thread.-humancentipad01_press.jpg  
Pen2_the_penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:48 PM   #72
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,165
Total Cats: 2,573
Default

the centipad
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:06 PM   #73
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen2_the_penguin View Post
You want to pay for our health policy? Here is our terms and conditions.

You signed? So you agree that we wont cover EVERYTHING...

K.



Wait, you want us to change the policy you agreed with because the need came up?



Naw dawg, go somewhere else if you dont like it.
The list of preclusions on a health insurance policy and a smart-phone Cent-i-pad agreement are two very different things.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:12 PM   #74
Elite Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Pen2_the_penguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 3,690
Total Cats: 97
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustler View Post
The list of preclusions on a health insurance policy and a smart-phone Cent-i-pad agreement are two very different things.
This is how I see this whole situation.

Attached Thumbnails
The Sandra Fluke thread.-jewfin.jpg  
Pen2_the_penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:09 PM   #75
Boost Pope
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
Joe Perez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago (Over two miles from Wrigley Field. Fuck the Cubs. Fuck them in their smarmy goat-hole.)
Posts: 26,315
Total Cats: 1,913
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustler View Post
I can't get over the logic of this bull-dike knowingly signing a contract for health insurance, then a government stepping-in to change the terms of the religious institution. Religous idiots have the right to be as crazy as they want among themselves. If you don't like it, don't sign the contract.
I wouldn't call Sandra Fluke a dyke, given that she has testified before Congress that she enjoys having heterosexual intercourse with sufficient regularity to cause her financial hardship.

As to the rest, I kind of respect her temerity in seizing this opportunity to make a name for herself. Nobody mentioned my name in a speech at the DNC.





Quote:
Originally Posted by y8s View Post
OK I get that this was about insurance and not hospitals but for the sake of argument:

If a religious institution wants to play the "hospital game", then there must be a certain level of standards to meet.
There are standards of care, and religious hospitals conform to them.

In the town where I grew up, there were (and still are) two hospitals. Fawcett Hospital is a private hospital which is independent (not owned by a larger corporation.) St. Joseph's hospital is also a private hospital (I believe they are either a charity hospital or a non-profit corp, but I'm not 100% certain), which is part of the Bon Secours Health System, a Catholic organization.

In the lobby of St. Joseph, there is an idol of the blessed Virgin Mary, as well as a great deal of other religious imagery. I think there's also a framed copy of their mission statement, which is "to bring compassion to healthcare and to be good help to those in need, especially those who are poor and dying. As a system of caregivers we commit ourselves to help bring people and communities to health and wholeness as part of the healing ministry of Jesus Christ and the Catholic Church. "

The two hospitals are literally right across the street from one another.

As a teenager, I was once hospitalized for a couple of days after I threw myself at the street from a bicycle and managed to give myself a pretty serious concussion. I was treated at St. Joseph. To the best of my recollection, they didn't burn incense over me or sacrifice any lambs- it was just pretty standard healthcare. They used modern technology and medications, and I was not given any religious tracts or questioned about my faith.

So, yeah. Your argument is invalid. Here's Sandra Fluke with some pancakes on her head:





EDIT: As concerns a previous thread in which I said "If it has images then I didn't create it," I did create this image myself using Jasc PaintShop Pro, from two separate pictures which I located using images.google.com. I did not take the original photographs, and thus, this image is a derivative work which I consider to be protected as Fair Use, in that I am using the images as a form of satire and political speech.





That's pretty weaksauce, even for you. The idea that a doctor should be required to perform diagnostic imaging prior to performing surgery on a patient might be new and scary to y'all down there in Tejas, but here in the civilized world it's considered to be pretty standard.

The fact that it has to do with performing an abortion is hardly relevant aside from the fact that this makes it easy fodder for politics.

If Sandra Fluke needs an emergency abortion while visiting Texas, I will gladly pay for her ultrasound.
Attached Thumbnails
The Sandra Fluke thread.-flukepancakes.jpg  

Last edited by Joe Perez; 09-10-2012 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Added image disclaimer.
Joe Perez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:38 PM   #76
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 1,196
Total Cats: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustler View Post
Fucktard went to Georgetown which is Catholic, then complained that women can't get birth control there because birth control is not covered by the student health policy, rooted in Catholicism. Hussein Obamadinijad (Obama Ackbar!) decided that all ideas and beliefs which preclude birth control had to be eliminated and requires coverage now.
If Georgetown receives any money from the federal government, or any benefits, they must comply with federal discrimination standards.


She felt she was being discriminated against, as a non-catholic. Even though the college may have a "catholic history" (whatever that means), it must comply with federal law if it receives federal money. Even in a ( non-college) catholic school, students must still pass state mandated exams, to prove the school is operating properly, and to receive federal and state aid.


As an atheist (catholic raised), issues like this are one of many which proves the separation between church and state does not fully exist. Tax exempt status for churches? WTF
2ndGearRubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:57 PM   #77
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,809
Total Cats: 1,780
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgeoffriau View Post
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:58 PM   #78
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,809
Total Cats: 1,780
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenuge26 View Post
I assumed you did, as both the pictures you posted do horribly misrepresent the issue, and so I assumed you did. My bad.
I chose my pics semi carefully, as a lot misrepresent the issue and just talk of her being a **** and wanting free condoms.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:03 PM   #79
y8s
2 Props,3 Dildos,& 1 Cat
iTrader: (8)
 
y8s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Fake Virginia
Posts: 19,037
Total Cats: 406
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Perez View Post
So are you sayng that if Walmart added an urgent care and surgery center and decided to only treat evangelical christians with enlarged goiters by using a hack saw and tweezers, they could do it and if you were to complain and wanted laser goiter surgery, tough ****?
y8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:07 PM   #80
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 3,325
Total Cats: 235
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Perez View Post
I wouldn't call Sandra Fluke a dyke, given that she has testified before Congress that she enjoys having heterosexual intercourse with sufficient regularity to cause her financial hardship.
See, I keep seeing this. Do you guys not know what actually happened, or do you just not care?

I don't want to ruin this great circlejerk with facts or anything, but...
thenuge26 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MS PNP requires reading and following directions??? satisfied MEGAsquirt 141 10-06-2015 11:44 AM
2015 NASA Eastern Championships at VIR emilio700 Race Prep 35 09-11-2015 01:23 PM
Is there an engine doctor in the house? jkballardbpl DIY Turbo Discussion 20 03-27-2008 01:23 AM
Wire gauge, resistance and current Joe Perez Useful Saved Posts 0 03-17-2008 09:30 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:37 AM.