Share your other hobbies? - Page 4 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Insert BS here A place to discuss anything you want

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-23-2009, 12:54 AM   #61
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Overland Park, Kansas
Posts: 5,382
Total Cats: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantaylor View Post
car/bikes, guns, just got a xbox 360
Is the 360 worth it?

I'm like, Never home. Have owned a v1 PS2 and Xbox for almost 10 years now, the PS2 still works but the POS xbox quit reading my dvds the other day....
elesjuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 02:51 AM   #62
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Posts: 350
Total Cats: -1
Default

I sit at home and wish I were out in my car... On a nice sunny day... On some back-road... With a hot chick in the passenger seat giving me road head.
944obscene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 07:53 AM   #63
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: West Palm Beach Fl
Posts: 242
Total Cats: -2
Default

bicycling
gman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 09:10 AM   #64
Senior Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: VA
Posts: 828
Total Cats: -2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenR View Post
The prices on guns and ammo are purely reflective on knee jerk paranoia over what "might" happen, and over fears the economy will get so bad we'll be living in a mad max movie.


I haven't seen any official policies from this administration having anything to do with firearms. When I do, then I'll worry about my guns.


I bought mine in the Bush era when they were cheap. Suckas.



*Oh yea, I realize I do like arguing, even when I'm wrong. I guess that can be a hobbie.
You need only look at Obama's website to see where he, Pelosi, and Clinton are going. He wants to redo the AWB and make it permanent. 10 round mags, etc. It's coming, believe it.
thymer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 09:41 AM   #65
Junior Member
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Lansdale, PA
Posts: 462
Total Cats: 3
Default

Other then cars??

Hiking, fishing, anything outside.

Guns.

Reading, history, etc.

Video games, music.

Good beer, good wine, good food, cooking.
BradC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 10:34 AM   #66
Elite Member
iTrader: (6)
 
Loki047's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,145
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thymer View Post
You need only look at Obama's website to see where he, Pelosi, and Clinton are going. He wants to redo the AWB and make it permanent. 10 round mags, etc. It's coming, believe it.
If you can't have more than 10 rounds in a mag, thats Un-American. The founders of this country would roll over in their grave... then again when they wrote the constitution I am pretty sure they were using muskets... how many rounds did that hold?
Loki047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 11:03 AM   #67
Elite Member
iTrader: (46)
 
Stein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 4,812
Total Cats: 138
Default

Pretty much sums it up.
Attached Thumbnails
Share your other hobbies?-deermount2.jpg   Share your other hobbies?-picture-073.jpg   Share your other hobbies?-picture-006.jpg   Share your other hobbies?-deer-hunting-002.jpg  
Stein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 11:07 AM   #68
Senior Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: VA
Posts: 828
Total Cats: -2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki047 View Post
If you can't have more than 10 rounds in a mag, thats Un-American. The founders of this country would roll over in their grave... then again when they wrote the constitution I am pretty sure they were using muskets... how many rounds did that hold?
Those muskets held one round, just like the firearms that the army's had.....

Remember, the second amendment was put in place to prevent the government from having too much power over the people. It was a way to keep our leadership in check. That is why it so dangerous to disarm the populace. Worked great for Hitler though.... I know this probably sounds crazy but we can't afford to ignore those things that are happening around us. Don't be a sheep.
thymer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 11:55 AM   #69
Elite Member
iTrader: (10)
 
leatherface24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pembroke Pines
Posts: 4,033
Total Cats: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
well miata's are my hooby that turned into a side business. my real hobby which is also my career is ballroom and latin dancing. i am a professional dancer so i am teaching and traveling to competitions or get hired to come into a studio and coach. thats my real hobby. then i play with miata's and drink beer on the side.
***


j/k.

My Hobbies:

1. Surfing although I havent in about 5 years lol
2. Collecting insects from around the world. Been doing it since I was 2. Ive got stuff that youll never think is real but they are.
3. Golf.
4. R&D'ing my ideas for miata parts
5. Painting Miatas
6. Auto X
7. Helping other people out with painting parts or working on their cars
leatherface24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 12:30 PM   #70
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: ABQ, NM
Posts: 1,850
Total Cats: -8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thymer View Post
Those muskets held one round, just like the firearms that the army's had.....

Remember, the second amendment was put in place to prevent the government from having too much power over the people. It was a way to keep our leadership in check. That is why it so dangerous to disarm the populace. Worked great for Hitler though.... I know this probably sounds crazy but we can't afford to ignore those things that are happening around us. Don't be a sheep.



Hitler is thrown around so much in arguments it really doesn't have any impact anymore.


While I agree with the idea that the government should be a servant to it's people, and the citizens should have arms to defend themselves from the abuses of their government. Sadly I think our government has gone beyond the point that we the people can post up a valid resistance.



YouTube - A10 Tankbuster
YouTube - A-10 Thunderbolt in the action
YouTube - AC-130 Gunship
YouTube - AC130 Gunship dropping Flares
BenR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 01:32 PM   #71
I'm Miserable!
iTrader: (5)
 
bryantaylor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: jacksonville, fl
Posts: 1,720
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesjuan View Post
Is the 360 worth it?

I'm like, Never home. Have owned a v1 PS2 and Xbox for almost 10 years now, the PS2 still works but the POS xbox quit reading my dvds the other day....
i have never really been into video games, but the games out now are good. i play it a ton now.
bryantaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 02:30 PM   #72
Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Shalimar, FL
Posts: 965
Total Cats: 7
Default

Computer everything - coding, building, modding, fixing other peoples' ****, etc.
Exercise 6 days a week - running, lifting
Boxing,
Biking when it's not winter,
Partying/hanging out with friends,
Going skydiving for the 2nd time come spring,
Autox,
watching tons of movies.

Single ftw!
messiahx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 02:46 PM   #73
Senior Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: VA
Posts: 828
Total Cats: -2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenR View Post
Hitler is thrown around so much in arguments it really doesn't have any impact anymore.


While I agree with the idea that the government should be a servant to it's people, and the citizens should have arms to defend themselves from the abuses of their government. Sadly I think our government has gone beyond the point that we the people can post up a valid resistance.



YouTube - A10 Tankbuster
YouTube - A-10 Thunderbolt in the action
YouTube - AC-130 Gunship
YouTube - AC130 Gunship dropping Flares

The reason Hitler is brought up so much is there are a number of striking similarities.

- Hitler's rise to power was due to the general displeasure of the ruling government.
- The economy in Germany was in horrible shape and Hitler promised change.
- Hitler was for the little people, ie the VW Bug, the peoples car. Share the wealth.
- Hitler banned guns, wonder why?
thymer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 02:54 PM   #74
N3v
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Nashville/Knoxville, TN
Posts: 318
Total Cats: 1
Default

goodwin's law itt
N3v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 03:48 PM   #75
Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Posts: 1,378
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by N3v View Post
goodwin's law itt
Ha! I was just about to link it.

Godwin's law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by thymer View Post
The reason Hitler is brought up so much is there are a number of striking similarities.

- Hitler's rise to power was due to the general displeasure of the ruling government.
- The economy in Germany was in horrible shape and Hitler promised change.
- Hitler was for the little people, ie the VW Bug, the peoples car. Share the wealth.
- Hitler banned guns, wonder why?
If you somehow think that even during the war that people would have risen up(with their guns) against the fuhrer, you have no clue about what happened.

Perhaps on a very small scale some groups may have risen against Hitler, but the country was unilaterally united in nationalism.

Your argument has no place here.

Anyways, I don't know what you gits are getting upset about; Congress and Obama only have so much power. With the judges currently chairing, you should be okay.

District of Columbia v. Heller - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
naarleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 03:58 PM   #76
Elite Member
iTrader: (24)
 
kotomile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Monterey, CA
Posts: 7,578
Total Cats: 40
Default

I ride my mountain bike (singletrack), practice speaking Arabic, and host a lot of cookouts with my awesome two-chamber Char-broil smoker. I play a lot of Call of Duty too, but haven't yet been online with the new one. I know the CoD4 maps like the back of my hand, and I earned that golden mini-Uzi dammit, I'm not starting over!!
kotomile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 04:14 PM   #77
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: ABQ, NM
Posts: 1,850
Total Cats: -8
Default

Good call on the Goodwin's law guys.



Quote:
Originally Posted by thymer View Post
The reason Hitler is brought up so much is there are a number of striking similarities.

- Hitler's rise to power was due to the general displeasure of the ruling government.
- The economy in Germany was in horrible shape and Hitler promised change.
- Hitler was for the little people, ie the VW Bug, the peoples car. Share the wealth.
- Hitler banned guns, wonder why?


These same striking similarities that apply to Obama also apply to Jesus and Ghandi.
BenR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 04:48 PM   #78
Senior Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: VA
Posts: 828
Total Cats: -2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenR View Post
Good call on the Goodwin's law guys.







These same striking similarities that apply to Obama also apply to Jesus and Ghandi.
That may be true but it takes nothing away from the original point.

But I digress, Heller was a wonderful thing but it doesn't stop Obama, Biden, and Pelosi from "defining" limitations. It's all very incremental. Such small steps that no one notices until it's too late.
thymer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 04:50 PM   #79
Senior Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: VA
Posts: 828
Total Cats: -2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by naarleven View Post
Ha! I was just about to link it.

Godwin's law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia



If you somehow think that even during the war that people would have risen up(with their guns) against the fuhrer, you have no clue about what happened.

Perhaps on a very small scale some groups may have risen against Hitler, but the country was unilaterally united in nationalism.

Your argument has no place here.

Anyways, I don't know what you gits are getting upset about; Congress and Obama only have so much power. With the judges currently chairing, you should be okay.

District of Columbia v. Heller - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Nationalism is also peaking here of late. Everyone follow the messiah for change..... National ID cards, warrantless wiretaps, cameras on street poles, show us your papers commoner! But hey, I'm just some middle-aged ex military guy, what do I know.
thymer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 05:17 PM   #80
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: ABQ, NM
Posts: 1,850
Total Cats: -8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thymer View Post
Nationalism is also peaking here of late. Everyone follow the messiah for change..... National ID cards, warrantless wiretaps, cameras on street poles, show us your papers commoner! But hey, I'm just some middle-aged ex military guy, what do I know.



Funny I thought it peaked around 2002-3 when everyone was putting flag stickers on their cars right next to the W stickers.

I agree, "National ID cards, warrantless wiretaps, cameras on street poles, show us your papers commoner!" are all bad things, hardly an invention of Obama or even Pelosi (you really give her that much credit?). I don't think you can hardly blame Obama for any of thoes at this point, give him at least a month in office LOL. I'd suggest the enemy you hate is the same as the friend you love. Our government industrial complex is ******* us from both isles. To blame one side while blinding yourself with the flag to the actions of the side you associate with is playing into the trap of the two party system.
BenR is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NEW-Wiseco Piston, K1 Rods, Supertech Valves & Spring/Retainer, TB&C pedals Rudes333 Miata parts for sale/trade 17 11-05-2015 02:16 PM
6ULs for Sale in Green Bay JStoops Miata parts for sale/trade 0 09-28-2015 06:35 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:18 AM.