so my friend wants to turbo his miata after co-driving my other friends MSM - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Insert BS here A place to discuss anything you want

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-17-2007, 03:38 PM   #1
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Houston
Posts: 2,904
Total Cats: 4
Default so my friend wants to turbo his miata after co-driving my other friends MSM

the power bug has him thinking lol

Pitlab77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 04:28 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
boostinsteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 563
Total Cats: 0
Default

That is what made me decide to get a miata was that my friend went to octoberfest in Germany, and he left his MSM with me. Car just was a lot of fun, but now I like the one that I have built a hell of a lot more. Lot more power with just a little bit of boost.
boostinsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 09:52 AM   #3
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

I drove my sister's msm, and knew it had to be.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 10:21 AM   #4
Elite Member
iTrader: (24)
 
kotomile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Monterey, CA
Posts: 7,578
Total Cats: 40
Default

I drove a customer's Miata and got a Miata.

I drove my SRT4 and knew I needed a turbo.

heh.
kotomile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 10:35 AM   #5
:(
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: nowhere
Posts: 8,281
Total Cats: 2
Default

what do you do kotomile?
magnamx-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 11:40 AM   #6
Elite Member
iTrader: (24)
 
kotomile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Monterey, CA
Posts: 7,578
Total Cats: 40
Default

At the time I was a lube tech at a Tire Kingdom store, but now I'm in the Army.
kotomile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 03:01 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
boostinsteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 563
Total Cats: 0
Default

How do you like the army so far. I am just about done with my time in the Navy, and if I cannot find a good job as a civilian, I was thinking army of air force. Just so sick of spending 80% of my time out to sea on the sub, and pull into port just to fix the **** that broke while we were out the other 20% of the time. There have been too many submarines that are getting decommissioned, so that leaves all of the good submarines to make up for the slack and they have not been replacing the subs that got decommissioned.
boostinsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 03:10 PM   #8
Elite Member
iTrader: (24)
 
kotomile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Monterey, CA
Posts: 7,578
Total Cats: 40
Default

The Army's ok so far, I have a desk job pretty much so most of my time is spent sitting in a windowless, guarded building keeping up with current events in my AOR. Pretty boring, but the pay is better than what I was making as a civilian and when I get out I can make LOADS of cash with my clearance.

Coming into the Army from the Navy IIRC usually sets you back a pay grade or two, but it'd be worth it if you want a change.
kotomile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 03:35 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
boostinsteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 563
Total Cats: 0
Default

Yeah, right now I have a real high clearance also. I work with the reactor and related stuff on the sub, so I guess that it just kind of makes sense. Right now I am E-6 and just got a letter of recommendation from my old CO to be up for E-7 boards as early as possible. But they will only let me do that if I re-enlist. But, that is not going to happen, 8 more months, and then I am done.
boostinsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 04:15 PM   #10
:(
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: nowhere
Posts: 8,281
Total Cats: 2
Default

So why not go into the private nuclear feild?
magnamx-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 04:54 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
boostinsteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 563
Total Cats: 0
Default

That is what I am going to look into. I am going to put my resume up here in a few months and see what kind of job opportunities come around for me. The main thing is going to be where it is and the type of money that they will offer me to go and do it.
boostinsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 05:02 PM   #12
:(
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: nowhere
Posts: 8,281
Total Cats: 2
Default

that is always the main thing money and location are critical how do you get the miata off the island if you move BTW?
magnamx-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 05:16 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
boostinsteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 563
Total Cats: 0
Default

You have to ship it off on a crate ship. The navy pays for one of them to get off the island, but the other cars are your problem. I think I might sell my camaro for now and get an F3 bike to ride around. They include the bike into household goods, so I wouldn't have to pay for it to get off.
boostinsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 06:31 PM   #14
Newb
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Posts: 33
Total Cats: 0
Default

good call
SUPERAnimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 11:01 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,379
Total Cats: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostinsteve View Post
How do you like the army so far. I am just about done with my time in the Navy, and if I cannot find a good job as a civilian, I was thinking army of air force. Just so sick of spending 80% of my time out to sea on the sub, and pull into port just to fix the **** that broke while we were out the other 20% of the time. There have been too many submarines that are getting decommissioned, so that leaves all of the good submarines to make up for the slack and they have not been replacing the subs that got decommissioned.
Air Force is the comfy life, we used to deploy to hotels.

Mark
Who interviews at Bethesda this week for a Naval Slot at USUHS. Wouldn't that be priceless, Ensign MarkP? LMAO.
Markp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 11:06 AM   #16
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,892
Total Cats: 1,792
Default

hey, that's in my neck of the woods.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 06:17 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,379
Total Cats: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
hey, that's in my neck of the woods.
I'm in town until the 28th.

Mark
Markp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 07:43 PM   #18
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Houston
Posts: 2,904
Total Cats: 4
Default

way to steal my thread lol
Pitlab77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 09:21 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
boostinsteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 563
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitlab77 View Post
way to steal my thread lol
Sorry about that man.
boostinsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 09:36 PM   #20
Elite Member
iTrader: (24)
 
kotomile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Monterey, CA
Posts: 7,578
Total Cats: 40
Default

Sorry Pitlab.

MarkP, you're so right. USAF is freaking posh.

Steve, just about anything with "intelligence" or "nuclear" in the job description takes a pretty high clearance.
kotomile is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
elesjuan's mediocre 95 Miata adventure (google fiber edition) elesjuan Build Threads 8 02-16-2016 09:36 PM
MS PNP requires reading and following directions??? satisfied MEGAsquirt 141 10-06-2015 11:44 AM
Upgrade my MSM coilovers springs or KW ? elior77 Suspension, Brakes, Drivetrain 14 09-17-2015 10:20 PM
Project DDoS: '99 "Budget" boost build ProjectDDoS Build Threads 1 09-09-2015 02:52 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:38 AM.