Why - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Insert BS here A place to discuss anything you want

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-01-2007, 07:43 AM   #1
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 502
Total Cats: 0
Default Why

http://www.miata.net/motm/2007/esders.html

This is the miata of the month. Someone needs to give the screener at M.net a **** test.
drewbroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 10:04 AM   #2
Elite Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Houston
Posts: 2,904
Total Cats: 4
Default

look at the past winners for the last several years and you will understand
Pitlab77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 10:29 AM   #3
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,892
Total Cats: 1,792
Default

all you have to do is email pics and a story and you're in.

preferably ugly pictures and stupid stories.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 11:20 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 701
Total Cats: 0
Default

Yep, I tend to call it the "Miata Sap Story of the Month"
MX_Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 11:29 AM   #5
Senior Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 764
Total Cats: 0
Default

I have considered sending a picture of one of my stripped down chassis tubs with a sob story about it being my deceased grandmothers car.
miatanutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 11:42 AM   #6
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 502
Total Cats: 0
Default

+1 on that idea
Add in how she loved to deliver pwnage at the drift scenes (:
drewbroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 11:53 AM   #7
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

If you call your car anything other than "car" you should probably consider going outside and viewing a nude woman.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 01:22 PM   #8
Cpt. Slow
iTrader: (25)
 
curly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Oregon City, OR
Posts: 12,107
Total Cats: 518
Default

Quote:
and that was before they realised that it was me and that they would be getting rides in me later on!

kinky
curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 01:58 PM   #9
Elite Member
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tigard, Oregon
Posts: 3,908
Total Cats: 0
Default

They have months where they are begging people to enter their cars. Of course it's only the geeks that do it. OOOOOO! My car is "miata of the month!" Woo Wee I'm cool!

Having the miata of the month is like being employee of the month at burger king, since you are the only employee with a reasonable grasp of the english language. You are basically the best of the worst.
cueball1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 02:06 PM   #10
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,892
Total Cats: 1,792
Default

wait a ******* minute

that **** is written in the ******* third person view of the god damn car?! holy ****.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 02:17 PM   #11
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Newbsauce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NoVA
Posts: 2,304
Total Cats: 2
Default

I think we should get together and write a "Miata of the Month story" for miata.net. We could come up with the sappiest story and submit it. I do like the grandmother idea.. but I like this one better:

My father was in the gulf war and his dream was to own a miata. He bought the miata, but recently had to have his legs amputated. The car sits there and he looks at it every day... blah blah blah

edit: Addition- he named his dog zoomie (or miata) in fondness of the car.
Newbsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 02:26 PM   #12
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,892
Total Cats: 1,792
Default

how about the miata to sex toy conversion, with cheese cooler and wine dispenser.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 02:42 PM   #13
y8s
2 Props,3 Dildos,& 1 Cat
iTrader: (8)
 
y8s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Fake Virginia
Posts: 19,038
Total Cats: 407
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
wait a ******* minute

that **** is written in the ******* third person view of the god damn car?! holy ****.
holmes, you mean 1st person.
y8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 03:27 PM   #14
Senior Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 764
Total Cats: 0
Default

My father always had a dream to own a miata. He bought the miata, (pic of Miata) but recently had to have his legs amputated due to an explosion in his workshop behind our house. My dad is a chemical engineer by trade. The car sits there and he just looks at it every day with his stubby legs aching but unable to drive it. His irish setter dog Zoom Zoom loves to ride in the car with the top down but my dad is unable to drive and unfortantely Zoom Zoom has recently been diagnosed with hip cancer.We are from the Chicago area. A local theif specializing in stealing Miatas stripped my dads Miata of all its esential parts leaving this chassis tub in our driveway (pic of stripped tub) and now I am assembling the parts to put my dads dream car back on the road. The police have recovered some parts when they arrested the theif but many of ours were already apparantly sold. Despite the lack of fenders and other body parts the car still fires up and runs. Hopefully I can get it back on the road and perhaps equip it with hand controls for legless driving. My dad is back in the hospital at this time, they think he may have contracted a rare form of flesh eating herpes as a result of tissue deterioration from chemical exposure. I am working as hard as I can to finish his dream car. Nothing would make him happier then to see it on miata.net. and I know that if he lives he will enjoy sitting on the porch with his favorite glass of wine and some cheese, looking at his car.
My prayer is that I can get it finished in time.
miatanutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 03:29 PM   #15
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Newbsauce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NoVA
Posts: 2,304
Total Cats: 2
Default

Thats a wonderful story that would probably win, but somewhere in there you need to mention that you buy all your parts from Moss Motorsports and your performance modifications include: shiny mirrors, wood trim (including shift ****), and TSIs.
Newbsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 03:38 PM   #16
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,892
Total Cats: 1,792
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by y8s View Post
holmes, you mean 1st person.

damn, stop making me look so stupid Matt....
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 04:06 PM   #17
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 209
Total Cats: -1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
all you have to do is email pics and a story and you're in.

preferably ugly pictures and stupid stories.
ROFL
ak47bravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 06:35 PM   #18
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: high performance all year round california
Posts: 82
Total Cats: 0
Default

The people getting picked for "miata of the month" are bad enough.....just imagine all the poorer saps out there that sit there and read about the "winners" and wish it was them!
Gloko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 07:52 AM   #19
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: West Palm Beach Fl
Posts: 242
Total Cats: -2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miatanutz View Post
My father always had a dream to own a miata. He bought the miata, (pic of Miata) but recently had to have his legs amputated due to an explosion in his workshop behind our house. My dad is a chemical engineer by trade. The car sits there and he just looks at it every day with his stubby legs aching but unable to drive it. His irish setter dog Zoom Zoom loves to ride in the car with the top down but my dad is unable to drive and unfortantely Zoom Zoom has recently been diagnosed with hip cancer.We are from the Chicago area. A local theif specializing in stealing Miatas stripped my dads Miata of all its esential parts leaving this chassis tub in our driveway (pic of stripped tub) and now I am assembling the parts to put my dads dream car back on the road. The police have recovered some parts when they arrested the theif but many of ours were already apparantly sold. Despite the lack of fenders and other body parts the car still fires up and runs. Hopefully I can get it back on the road and perhaps equip it with hand controls for legless driving. My dad is back in the hospital at this time, they think he may have contracted a rare form of flesh eating herpes as a result of tissue deterioration from chemical exposure. I am working as hard as I can to finish his dream car. Nothing would make him happier then to see it on miata.net. and I know that if he lives he will enjoy sitting on the porch with his favorite glass of wine and some cheese, looking at his car.
My prayer is that I can get it finished in time.

How sad/ Im crying

I have a faded red bumper cover if you would like it to help finish the project.
gman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 08:22 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,379
Total Cats: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
how about the miata to sex toy conversion, with cheese cooler and wine dispenser.
That would be less gay than what I just read on M.Net

Mark
Markp is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:14 AM.