Dorifuto NA - Page 4 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Media Got any pics or vids to share?

Closed Thread
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-21-2014, 04:54 PM   #61
Elite Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bloomfield, Michigan
Posts: 5,682
Total Cats: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terridax View Post
Not to mention that throughout this whole thread everyone seems to assume that because I posted these videos I condone the way this guys car is set up... this is not my car, I said that in the first post. I posted these because I went to a drift event, had my GoPro with me, and a buddy showed up in a Miata, so I took some videos of it. If you all want to hate on HIS car and HIS technique, go right ahead... my problem is that this somehow instantly got flipped onto me, and my thoughts.

Not all things are created equal... his bar is very sturdy, and wasn't bought off of eBay (just to clarify, since everyone likes twisting words around, this does NOT mean that I condone putting a style bar on there). I'd trust it to at least least hold him in place in the event of a collision.

Here's a link to my YouTube chanel, vids are on there: Link
You kinda do condone it, or at least defend it. The attention you've drawn to yourself is because your friend is potentially putting himself in a harms way by not equipping his car properly for a motorsport event. Style bars are NOT roll bars, simple. I wouldn't let a friend run that kind of risk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireindc View Post
There were like 5 or 6 of them, but I think this one sums it up nicely. Especially right around 3:00
Holy poop. One foot outside, one foot on the gas

Edit: I just realized he's not even wearing a seatbelt. OP don't let your buddy become an statistic. Unless you really hate the guy
buffon01 is offline  
Old 04-21-2014, 04:57 PM   #62
Destroyer of Inconel
iTrader: (37)
 
EO2K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: In ur driveway, abusin' ur WPA
Posts: 9,642
Total Cats: 954
Default

What the hell kind of fly-by-night organization allows this kind of fuckery for any kind of "at speed" track event? Do they even carry event insurance? I can't imagine any company willing to underwrite an event like this.

Terridax: Even if that is NOT your video, I would seriously reevaluate your level of participation with a group that cannot take even the barest minimum of safety precautions by insuring people are wearing their ******* seat belts.

I'd like to know how "#YOLO" and "#SWAG" is going to cover you in a personal injury trial after you hit one of those guys and someone decides to sue you.

inb4"butIsignedawaiverBro"
EO2K is offline  
Old 04-21-2014, 04:58 PM   #63
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: ABQ, NM
Posts: 70
Total Cats: -109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by concealer404 View Post
Then stop sackriding your dumbfuck friend and telling us that a style bar is a viable thing to use as a harness bar.
It IS a viable thing to use as a harness bar.
You think it's not because because likely all that's going on in your head is "harness bars are gay and don't provide any safety measures", which I tend to agree with as I've stated several times in this thread. But being used as a mounting point for your seat harness is an entirely different matter... the bar is sturdy, and is not going anywhere in the event of a collision. A rollover is a different matter, as I've also stated several times in this thread.

I really don't know how many times I've gotta say the exact same thing for you to understand it...
I'm not nutriding him at all... I've lost count of how many times I've said I don't condone his safety measures.

YOU are the one being dense...
Terridax is offline  
Old 04-21-2014, 05:00 PM   #64
Newb
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: WA
Posts: 38
Total Cats: 25
Default

This is what drifting is. Usually a bunch of teenage swag hipsters with flatbills and skinny jeans. No regard for rules or safety, just hella illest slides yo. The level of organization at these "events" is a joke. Try and pass tech at a REAL sanctioned racing event: NASA, SCCA... and you'd be booted in an instant. They don't tolerate looseness with safety.

Also:

Attached Thumbnails
Dorifuto NA-eggplant_car.jpg  
GtiKyle is offline  
Old 04-21-2014, 05:01 PM   #65
Senior Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Volo, IL
Posts: 1,247
Total Cats: 140
Default

Hey guys, here's some videos of child abuse! Enjoy!

Wait? What are you bitching about? You guys aren't into that? Well, it's not ME doing it! Why are you blaming ME for it?! You're all just haters.
dieselmiata is offline  
Old 04-21-2014, 05:01 PM   #66
Elite Member
iTrader: (3)
 
concealer404's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 8,465
Total Cats: 782
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terridax View Post
It IS a viable thing to use as a harness bar.
No, it's not.


Quote:
You think it's not because because likely all that's going on in your head is "harness bars are gay and don't provide any safety measures",
What? STYLE BARS are gay. Harness bars are fine.

Quote:
which I tend to agree with as I've stated several times in this thread. But being used as a mounting point for your seat harness is an entirely different matter... the bar is sturdy, and is not going anywhere in the event of a collision. A rollover is a different matter, as I've also stated several times in this thread.
Christ.



Quote:
I really don't know how many times I've gotta say the exact same thing for you to understand it...
I'm not nutriding him at all... I've lost count of how many times I've said I don't condone his safety measures.

YOU are the one being dense...

I understand what you're saying. You're saying that it's ok to use a style bar as a harness bar. I understood it each time you said it. You're still ******* WRONG every time you say it.

Why? Because a harness bar isn't a style bar, and a style bar isn't a ******* harness bar. Just because they're both made out of metal doesn't make them equal.

Why is this a hard concept for you to grasp?

And yes, i'm perfectly aware that a harness bar on its own offers no rollover protection. Trust me, I'M not the moron here.
concealer404 is offline  
Old 04-21-2014, 05:03 PM   #67
Senior Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Volo, IL
Posts: 1,247
Total Cats: 140
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terridax View Post
It IS a viable thing to use as a harness bar.
You think it's not because because likely all that's going on in your head is "harness bars are gay and don't provide any safety measures", which I tend to agree with as I've stated several times in this thread. But being used as a mounting point for your seat harness is an entirely different matter... the bar is sturdy, and is not going anywhere in the event of a collision. A rollover is a different matter, as I've also stated several times in this thread.

I really don't know how many times I've gotta say the exact same thing for you to understand it...
I'm not nutriding him at all... I've lost count of how many times I've said I don't condone his safety measures.

YOU are the one being dense...
NONE OF THAT ******* MATTERS IF YOU DON'T WEAR A HARNESS OF ANY SORT.
dieselmiata is offline  
Old 04-21-2014, 05:03 PM   #68
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,119
Total Cats: 33
Default

damn..........
supercooper is offline  
Old 04-21-2014, 05:16 PM   #69
Elite Member
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Taos, New mexico
Posts: 5,702
Total Cats: 237
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terridax View Post
But being used as a mounting point for your seat harness is an entirely different matter... the bar is sturdy, and is not going anywhere in the event of a collision. A rollover is a different matte
I'm seriously not trying to be a dick or anything (like some here ), but there is just a huge flaw in this logic.

So, you get in a "collision" and I completely agree that style bar should have no problem holding your harnesses, it's not just going to snap or something from that. However, lets assume that after this collision the car ends up flipped in a ditch, etc. Once the car flips, the style bar is bent, ripped from the car, etc. your harnesses are attached to the damn thing and you are literally not being held properly in the car anymore.

However with an actual harness bar, in the event you end up rolling at least you will still be held down in the seat and have a chance to survive.

So, NO, the mousetrap does not work as a harness bar.
Fireindc is offline  
Old 04-21-2014, 05:18 PM   #70
Elite Member
iTrader: (3)
 
concealer404's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 8,465
Total Cats: 782
Default

Even if you don't flip, i'm not trusting shitty steel arranged in a configuration that's only meant to give you STYLE over a bar that was actually designed with the materials used in mind to hold a ******* harness.
concealer404 is offline  
Old 04-21-2014, 05:28 PM   #71
Elite Member
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Taos, New mexico
Posts: 5,702
Total Cats: 237
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by concealer404 View Post
Even if you don't flip, i'm not trusting shitty steel arranged in a configuration that's only meant to give you STYLE over a bar that was actually designed with the materials used in mind to hold a ******* harness.
Sure, but even with giving OP benefit of the doubt that it would hold up in a basic collision, it's STILL a very bad idea.
Fireindc is offline  
Old 04-21-2014, 05:41 PM   #72
Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 598
Total Cats: 30
Default

Hey OP... here's a great reason why you (or your buddy) shouldn't drift with a style bar.


We won't talk about the passenger hanging his arm outside the car or anything...
SchmoozerJoe is offline  
Old 04-21-2014, 05:51 PM   #73
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 4,682
Total Cats: 216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchmoozerJoe View Post
Hey OP... here's a great reason why you (or your buddy) shouldn't drift with a style bar.


We won't talk about the passenger hanging his arm outside the car or anything...
For the entire length of that video, I was expecting a crash at any second.

Conclusion: Drifting is crashing.
Full_Tilt_Boogie is offline  
Old 04-21-2014, 07:17 PM   #74
Senior Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sonora, Ca
Posts: 623
Total Cats: 73
Default


Seriously dude, we're not arguing with you for the sake of it.
Attached Thumbnails
Dorifuto NA-op-gay-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-2675.gif  
bikersam717 is offline  
Old 04-21-2014, 08:08 PM   #75
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Posts: 889
Total Cats: 55
Default

we have people on this forum that drift and aren't complete toolbags. ctdrftna is a boss. This forum will accept drifters if they aren't complete douchebag rejects. Are you sad that you don't qualify as not a douchebag reject?
krissetsfire is offline  
Old 04-21-2014, 11:52 PM   #76
Slowest Progress Ever
iTrader: (26)
 
thirdgen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The coal ridden hills of Pennsylvania
Posts: 5,806
Total Cats: 183
Default

Style bar harness bar derp derp derp.
Song lyric time for you dorifto Bitchez.

When miatas drift it should be a crime...
Unsuspecting victims no warnings, no signs...
Mounting harnesses to style bars "is just fine"..
BEFORE YOU SEE THE LIGHT...YOU MUST DIE!!!!
thirdgen is offline  
Old 04-22-2014, 12:07 AM   #77
NB/VVT Connoisseur
iTrader: (23)
 
viperormiata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Key West
Posts: 6,071
Total Cats: 253
Default


Attached Thumbnails
Dorifuto NA-iqjkx.gif  
viperormiata is offline  
Old 04-22-2014, 11:20 AM   #78
y8s
2 Props,3 Dildos,& 1 Cat
iTrader: (8)
 
y8s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Fake Virginia
Posts: 19,038
Total Cats: 407
Default

This thread is stupid. I'll save the QCB the trouble of banning everyone here.

AHHHCLOSED.
y8s is online now  
 
 
Closed Thread

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Some Miata Drift Practice mooboy Media 13 06-03-2010 01:03 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:14 PM.