Some footage of me at Formula Drift (FD) Long Beach - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Media Got any pics or vids to share?

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-14-2010, 01:20 AM   #1
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 718
Total Cats: 5
Default Some footage of me at Formula Drift (FD) Long Beach

I dont know how to make it show up in the thread. I tried and it didnt work. I'm not very computer savvy

TURNS101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 01:29 AM   #2
Elite Member
iTrader: (13)
 
cjernigan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 8,147
Total Cats: 6
Default

Not gonna lie, I'm impressed by the mad dorifto skills.
cjernigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 01:42 AM   #3
Senior Member
iTrader: (18)
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Big Bear Ca
Posts: 990
Total Cats: 8
Default

Nice work Jeff, how's the car holding up?
dstn2bdoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 02:11 AM   #4
Elite Member
iTrader: (15)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Incline Village, NV
Posts: 2,073
Total Cats: 5
Default

Awesome stuff Jeff, if you come to Sonoma i would love to throw my Sony HD camera and IO Port racing mount on the inside of your car to grab some in car footage.
thesnowboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 02:25 AM   #5
Junior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 120
Total Cats: 0
Default

awesome!
mekaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 06:18 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 284
Total Cats: 1
Default

So how'd you do jeff?
Exhondaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 06:54 PM   #7
meatbag
iTrader: (50)
 
gospeed81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 7,357
Total Cats: 26
Default

Beautiful car, and nice driving.

Are the guys in the Falken cars (Solstice and 240) just that good, or are you still working on getting more road speed during your drifts?
gospeed81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 07:17 PM   #8
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,854
Total Cats: 1,788
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjernigan View Post
Not gonna lie, I'm impressed by the mad dorifto skills.

doesnt look like he can hold the drift or get the angle the others can...
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 07:29 PM   #9
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 718
Total Cats: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhondaman View Post
So how'd you do jeff?
I did really well. Especially for my first pro event. 4 privateers made the top 32 two of us were rookies to pro level drift. Myself, and Charles NG. I qualified 27th and he qualified 29th.
So we both made it to the big show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gospeed81 View Post
Beautiful car, and nice driving.

Are the guys in the Falken cars (Solstice and 240) just that good, or are you still working on getting more road speed during your drifts?
By "that good" I am not sure what you mean? Better drifter, I believe so. They are both experienced pros. Better cars, hell yes. pro build race cars with double my power. That falken sky has 800hp. My speed at the first transition into the sweeper were some of the slowest. My exit of the sweep were 2 of the highest exit speeds. So that means I have a much slower/lower hp car and maintain/increase speed when other dont need to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
doesnt look like he can hold the drift or get the angle the others can...
As for holding the drift, Its held just the same length of time or you get a zero.

As for angle, they can pull off more angle because of the wheel base. I also look like I have less angle because of how short/small the car is. It just wont look as deep.

Thats why I am the only Miata in the pro series. So making it to the big show is huge for a miata driver. I am the 1st Miata to make it to a tandem round in Formula D.

I need more power and bigger tires in the rear. I cant do either untild the transmission is stronger..
TURNS101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 07:57 PM   #10
Antisaint
iTrader: (17)
 
Vashthestampede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Danbury, CT
Posts: 4,659
Total Cats: 54
Default

Right on man! The car looks ******* clean and complete. Nice video!

Congrats on making it to FD!
Vashthestampede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 08:25 PM   #11
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 718
Total Cats: 5
Default

Thanks for all the the kind words.

I appreciate the support.
TURNS101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 08:32 PM   #12
mkturbo.com
iTrader: (24)
 
shuiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Charleston SC
Posts: 13,775
Total Cats: 1,106
Default

If you ever get out to the East Coast to drift let me know. I want to get a ride along. I have gone out in my car a few times at some events, but I am horrible at it.
shuiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 08:34 PM   #13
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 8,038
Total Cats: 43
Default

Sweet Del Sol bro! Good video.

Never thought I would say it... but I'm proud that you are representing for the gay Miata world in gay drifting. Makes me tear up a little seeing a Miata out there ripping it up.
NA6C-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 08:34 PM   #14
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Victoria, BC
Posts: 2,322
Total Cats: 12
Default

Good **** man, everything looks great.
dustinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:24 PM   #15
meatbag
iTrader: (50)
 
gospeed81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 7,357
Total Cats: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURNS101 View Post
By "that good" I am not sure what you mean? Better drifter, I believe so. They are both experienced pros. Better cars, hell yes. pro build race cars with double my power. That falken sky has 800hp. My speed at the first transition into the sweeper were some of the slowest. My exit of the sweep were 2 of the highest exit speeds. So that means I have a much slower/lower hp car and maintain/increase speed when other dont need to.
Wow. I was referring to how they kept closer to you during slides, which I know gets them more points...but you were holding your own pretty well for having half the power to put down.

Honestly...that's some bad *** driving...just like you see on TV.

Kudos for making it, and doing it.
gospeed81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:31 PM   #16
Elite Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 1,523
Total Cats: 4
Default

518 in the hizzie! Nice job, Jeff. Not just the driving, but the car prep must have been epic.

Keep it up and keep us posted, I'll watch the vids when you post them.

ps-do you still have people back here? I'm pretty sure you said you are from Guilderland, I'm "over the bridge" in Clifton Park: same crowd, different geography, right?
webby459 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 12:13 AM   #17
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 718
Total Cats: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuiend View Post
If you ever get out to the East Coast to drift let me know. I want to get a ride along. I have gone out in my car a few times at some events, but I am horrible at it.
I wont this year. I have no cash for that. Maybe next year if I have the funding in place. You can have a ride along anytime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA6C-Guy View Post
Sweet Del Sol bro! Good video.

Never thought I would say it... but I'm proud that you are representing for the gay Miata world in gay drifting. Makes me tear up a little seeing a Miata out there ripping it up.
Ha ha, yeah, I get alot of respect for being in FD with a Miata. making it to the big show really solidified that for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinb View Post
Good **** man, everything looks great.
Thanks bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gospeed81 View Post
Wow. I was referring to how they kept closer to you during slides, which I know gets them more points...but you were holding your own pretty well for having half the power to put down.

Honestly...that's some bad *** driving...just like you see on TV.

Kudos for making it, and doing it.
The video doesnt have much of me following. I did ok following in practice, but I definitely dont have the comfort level they do. Although I did get alot more comfortable in just 1 event. No offense taken. Just didnt know what you meant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by webby459 View Post
518 in the hizzie! Nice job, Jeff. Not just the driving, but the car prep must have been epic.

Keep it up and keep us posted, I'll watch the vids when you post them.

ps-do you still have people back here? I'm pretty sure you said you are from Guilderland, I'm "over the bridge" in Clifton Park: same crowd, different geography, right?
I am from Poughkeepsie. I lived right in albany at the off campus dorms for school. then I moved to South Main in Albany and worked. Also at one point a quick run in east Greenbush, then I moved in with the girl that is now my wife to an apartment in Cohoes on Columbia street.

I worked at Mad River, Michaels, The Bayou, Partridge pub, and Pearl. I also worked at Saratoga Winners for concerts either the bar or bouncing.

It was a great time

All of our family is still there. Mine in Poughkeepsie and the wife in Rotterdam. best friend is in Niskayuna and my other in Boston and CT..
TURNS101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 01:41 AM   #18
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 202
Total Cats: 12
Default

You did your thing against some mean *** cars man, props.
latena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 05:26 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 576
Total Cats: 0
Default

You have some real skills man. Good job running with the pros
02semiata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 05:47 PM   #20
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

The wheels are ugly, your hair is terrible, the music sucks ***, but your car looks great in green,and it looks like you're pretty damn competitive and you're definitely competitive with pro drift **** which is pretty impressive. I'd venture to say that although you're definitely a virgin for doing drift, you've probably at least scored a hander or oral from a woman which is more than just about anyone else in the video or around here can say.

Do you constantly break driveline parts?
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need help - Stock Balancer and Fastforward overlay pulleys Frank_and_Beans Supercharger Discussion 13 09-12-2016 09:17 PM
Noob to Miataturbo from MA JxPhan Meet and Greet 3 10-02-2015 03:17 AM
WTB HPDE miata - Texas Voltwings Cars for sale/trade 0 09-27-2015 07:40 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:18 PM.