DIYPNP for a 1991 MX5 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


MEGAsquirt A place to collectively sort out this megasquirt gizmo

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2009, 02:12 AM   #1
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 65
Total Cats: 0
Default DIYPNP for a 1991 MX5

I'm currently investigating the feasibility of installing a DIYPNP into my 1991 NA6.

I'm sure the build would be fairly straightforward and I am hoping to install the following:

Wideband LC-1
MapDaddy
IAT
Variable TPS
Knocksense MS

The long term objective is to install bigger injectors and a BEGI turbo kit but I just want to get it running N/A in the short term.

I originally considered the MegasquirtPNP but the DIYPNP has really appealed to me but I think I need some clarification of what I should be doing to create the base map / firmware to get my car started. Obviously if I don't get these settings right I could cause damage to car.

I presume the DIYPNP is a ÁS not a MSII board? Does that change whether I'm using MSII code or not?

Which firmware should I be trying to install on it? MS2-extra? And which version?

DIYautotune advised me that the base maps from the MS1 based MSPNP will not work on the DIYPNP and that the example MSQ for a '95 Miata should work to get my engine started. Given that these are two different engines I'm not 100% sure this would work so I hope to get the '95 MSQ open and then double check it against a 90-93 MSPNP MSQ to ensure the basic settings are correct.

When I try to load the '95 MSQ into Tunerstudio or MegaTune I get errors.
The DIYAutotune spreadsheet says the file has the code version: MS2/Extra 2.1.1 beta but when I tried to load the file I get an error stating the file has a signature: MS2Extra Rel 3.0.3h. Is the file listed incorrect or do I need to have a different Tunerstudio project? Or a Rel 3.0 ECU ini?

Should I be running MS2/Extra 2.1.1 or 3.0.3h on the DIYPNP?

Would I my plan of exporting the fuel and spark tables from a MS1 into DIYPNP format and ensuring the details are correct likely work?
jerrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 11:15 PM   #2
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Hillsborough, NC
Posts: 273
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrah View Post
I presume the DIYPNP is a ÁS not a MSII board? Does that change whether I'm using MSII code or not?

Which firmware should I be trying to install on it? MS2-extra? And which version?
That's right, the DIYPNP is based on the microsquirt module. You'll want to use the MS2/Extra code.

Quote:
When I try to load the '95 MSQ into Tunerstudio or MegaTune I get errors.
The DIYAutotune spreadsheet says the file has the code version: MS2/Extra 2.1.1 beta but when I tried to load the file I get an error stating the file has a signature: MS2Extra Rel 3.0.3h. Is the file listed incorrect or do I need to have a different Tunerstudio project? Or a Rel 3.0 ECU ini?

Should I be running MS2/Extra 2.1.1 or 3.0.3h on the DIYPNP?
You're getting errors b/c 2.1.1 and 3.0.3 are prerelease and are in active development. Those tunes were created with slightly earlier versions of the firmware. I haven't gone through the errors one-by-one, so I can't comment on what they are. Most likely new features, but it's also possible that it's due to renamed variables.

Quote:
Would I my plan of exporting the fuel and spark tables from a MS1 into DIYPNP format and ensuring the details are correct likely work?
I don't know whether the import/export functionality will work going from MS1 to MS2. You can always try and see if the numbers look correct or not.
JustinHoMi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 02:18 AM   #3
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 65
Total Cats: 0
Default

Thanks for that. I've resolved this with DIYAUTOTUNE.

The released file was from a pre-release version.
jerrah is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need help - Stock Balancer and Fastforward overlay pulleys Frank_and_Beans Supercharger Discussion 13 09-12-2016 09:17 PM
1991 special edition with hard top full part out JC, NJ russian Miata parts for sale/trade 6 10-08-2015 04:01 PM
Time to start learning and play with tuning The Gleas MEGAsquirt 3 10-01-2015 10:30 AM
Are my coils failing? viriiguy General Miata Chat 5 09-28-2015 08:39 PM
VR6 to Miata Swap ScrapinMX5 Meet and Greet 8 09-28-2015 02:04 PM


Tags
diyautotune, diypnp, megasquirt, miata

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:44 PM.