Mega megasquirt fail 65k rpms - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


MEGAsquirt A place to collectively sort out this megasquirt gizmo

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2015, 08:08 PM   #1
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Brentwood, NH
Posts: 68
Total Cats: 1
Default Mega megasquirt fail 65k rpms

Tach showing 65k rpms, base map signatures not matching
Mspnp2 91 Miata. Will post pictures when I get home! Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Mega megasquirt fail 65k rpms-image.jpg  
bradybunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 08:35 PM   #2
Supporting Vendor
iTrader: (10)
 
Reverant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 5,441
Total Cats: 198
Default

Any chance you tried to activate sequential ignition, when some other features are already using the ports for sequential?
Reverant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 08:53 PM   #3
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Brentwood, NH
Posts: 68
Total Cats: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverant View Post
Any chance you tried to activate sequential ignition, when some other features are already using the ports for sequential?
Would I have to configure that Before loading base map?
bradybunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 11:24 PM   #4
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Brentwood, NH
Posts: 68
Total Cats: 1
Default

Mega megasquirt fail 65k rpms-img_1883.jpg
Mega megasquirt fail 65k rpms-img_1882.jpg
Mega megasquirt fail 65k rpms-img_1881.jpg
bradybunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 09:23 AM   #5
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,892
Total Cats: 1,792
Default

solution: clear the conflict between a spare output and once of the spark outputs.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 09:45 PM   #6
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Brentwood, NH
Posts: 68
Total Cats: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
solution: clear the conflict between a spare output and once of the spark outputs.
I bought the megasquirt used as well, that might have something to do with the codes not matching?
bradybunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 05:37 PM   #7
Supporting Vendor
 
Matt Cramer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,266
Total Cats: 51
Default

Please post the MSQ.
Matt Cramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 06:32 PM   #8
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Brentwood, NH
Posts: 68
Total Cats: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Cramer View Post
Please post the MSQ.
MS lite v2.6.19
megasquirt firmware updated to 3.4.0
Car is a bone stock 1.6 besides GM IAT censor and intake (engine wise)
http://www.megasquirtpnp.com/downloa...Miata_331a.msq
bradybunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 07:40 PM   #9
Ben
Supporting Vendor
iTrader: (33)
 
Ben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: atlanta-ish
Posts: 12,689
Total Cats: 99
Default

Upload the actual msq from your ECU. Taking me to my own download link doesn't help.
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 08:14 PM   #10
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Brentwood, NH
Posts: 68
Total Cats: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
Upload the actual msq from your ECU. Taking me to my own download link doesn't help.
I might have found the solution, the person that sold me the megasquirt had a VTPS so I think if I install it and calibrate it, then the spare output wont be having that problem?
bradybunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 08:16 PM   #11
SADFab Destructive Testing Engineer
iTrader: (5)
 
aidandj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Beaverton, USA
Posts: 17,999
Total Cats: 1,466
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradybunz View Post
I might have found the solution, the person that sold me the megasquirt had a VTPS so I think if I install it and calibrate it, then the spare output wont be having that problem?
No.
aidandj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 04:42 AM   #12
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Warrington/Birmingham
Posts: 2,658
Total Cats: 39
Default

The error message tells you there is a conflict with an Output port.

Why would adding an input resolve this?

Brain has already told you how to fix this. Ben has asked for a copy of your MSQ, if you'd actually posted this he would've told you EXACTLY what to change.

But yes adding a VTPS will definitely 100% fix your issue. :faceplam:
richyvrlimited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 10:09 AM   #13
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Brentwood, NH
Posts: 68
Total Cats: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by richyvrlimited View Post
The error message tells you there is a conflict with an Output port.

Why would adding an input resolve this?

Brain has already told you how to fix this. Ben has asked for a copy of your MSQ, if you'd actually posted this he would've told you EXACTLY what to change.

But yes adding a VTPS will definitely 100% fix your issue. :faceplam:
because once all other the other fifty issues are resolved the VTPS is going to be a breeze of course, just like everything else.
Reason why I didn't upload code is because I got rear ended and insurance has to check it out sorry.
I'm just going to put stock ecu in and sell megasquirt, not worth it for the struggle for me. your welcome
bradybunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 11:53 AM   #14
Senior Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Plano TX
Posts: 595
Total Cats: 2
Default

Yeah selling it us easier than clicking a computer for 5 to 10 minutes to fix it.
90 Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 12:23 PM   #15
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,892
Total Cats: 1,792
Default

Honestly, your real problem is that you didnt load the firmware properly for your ECU and you told your MS that it's a normal ms2 and not a microsquirt module.

So when you loaded the basemap setup for a microsquirt module -- that uses ALD and WLD for functions -- on a firmware that uses ALD and WLD, by default, as the two spark outputs (instead of spark A and spark B).

You're going to have that conflict until you reflash the firmware correctly, using option 3 when prompted, and choose microsquirt (including MSPNP2) as the CPU -- not ms2.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 01:08 PM   #16
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Brentwood, NH
Posts: 68
Total Cats: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
Honestly, your real problem is that you didnt load the firmware properly for your ECU and you told your MS that it's a normal ms2 and not a microsquirt module.

So when you loaded the basemap setup for a microsquirt module -- that uses ALD and WLD for functions -- on a firmware that uses ALD and WLD, by default, as the two spark outputs (instead of spark A and spark B).

You're going to have that conflict until you reflash the firmware correctly, using option 3 when prompted, and choose microsquirt (including MSPNP2) as the CPU -- not ms2.
Oh that makes a little more sence, when I get my car back I'll put megasquirt in and see if that resolves it
Thank you
bradybunz is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hello All! Introducing myself and my Miata. G_Wheezy Meet and Greet 82 11-24-2015 05:34 PM
99 turbo map little_paul MEGAsquirt 11 11-01-2015 04:29 PM
1.8 BPT MegasquirtII No Tach/CAS David Phillips MEGAsquirt 1 10-28-2015 12:09 PM
MSPNP2 Vics Control thoreau MEGAsquirt 1 10-27-2015 04:12 PM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:21 AM.