FS: Torsen, ITBs, finish panel, headers, steering wheel + hub, interior - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Miata parts for sale/trade Buy, trade or sell your Miata parts here.

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-03-2009, 08:39 AM   #1
Trackspeed Engineering
Thread Starter
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 937
Total Cats: 10
Default FS: Torsen, ITBs, finish panel, headers, steering wheel + hub, interior

Torsen swap (with halfshafts and driveshaft) - $700
Custom ITBs - $750 obo

Black rear finish panel - $80
Headers - $150
Steering wheel - $60
Daikei hub with airbag and horn harness - $80
Any interior bits (seats, carpet, door panels, etc) - Make offers, pretty much all is in great condition

Name:  utf-8BSU1HMDA2OTQuanBn.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  113.6 KB

Name:  utf-8BSU1HMDA2OTYuanBn.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  106.0 KB

Name:  utf-8BSU1HMDA3MDAuanBn.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  79.2 KB

Name:  utf-8BSU1HMDA2OTIuanBn.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  84.5 KB
crashnscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 09:19 AM   #2
meatbag
iTrader: (50)
 
gospeed81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 7,357
Total Cats: 26
Default

Does the wheel come with adapter hub?
gospeed81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 10:09 AM   #3
Elite Member
iTrader: (30)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Va Beach
Posts: 7,282
Total Cats: 0
Default

Dibs on finish panel. Give me a price shipped to 33487
__________________
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
levnubhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 10:23 AM   #4
meatbag
iTrader: (50)
 
gospeed81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 7,357
Total Cats: 26
Default

Nm...reread post, don't think I can swing both the wheel and the adapter.

Thanks anyhow.
gospeed81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 02:10 PM   #5
Elite Member
iTrader: (24)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sherman Oaks, CA
Posts: 4,481
Total Cats: 3
Default

itbs for 1.6 or 1.8?
UrbanSoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 02:12 PM   #6
Trackspeed Engineering
Thread Starter
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 937
Total Cats: 10
Default

1.6 but could be adapted to fit a 1.8 pretty easily.
crashnscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 08:33 PM   #7
Junior Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 435
Total Cats: -5
Default

What are you using instead of a intake manifold?
MiataMX5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 08:34 PM   #8
Junior Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 435
Total Cats: -5
Default

Torsen everything needed to swap?
MiataMX5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 11:28 PM   #9
Trackspeed Engineering
Thread Starter
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 937
Total Cats: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiataMX5 View Post
Torsen everything needed to swap?
Yes.
crashnscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 10:45 PM   #10
Junior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 196
Total Cats: 1
Default

any idea what the size difference is between stock and your steering wheel? I'm interested but would like to know the size difference.
sicklyscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 07:27 AM   #11
Newb
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 6
Total Cats: 0
Default

If you are willing to post the torsen to Aus I'll take it.
Brendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:40 PM   #12
Newb
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 6
Total Cats: 0
Default

Sorry but I cant PM as I dont have enough posts. I'd be willing to ship provided its not too much, its probably still cheaper than buying in Aus lol. It would be posting to Perth, Australia. Post Code 6111.
Brendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 02:35 PM   #13
Newb
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1
Total Cats: 0
Default

How much for the steering wheel and adapter et al? What kind of payment do you want? Tks.
forcefed5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 11:24 PM   #14
MT Pony Underground
iTrader: (6)
 
Nagase's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,811
Total Cats: 0
Default

What's required to adapt the IRTBs to 1.8?
Nagase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 12:14 AM   #15
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 4,687
Total Cats: 216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagase View Post
What's required to adapt the IRTBs to 1.8?
a hacked up stock 1.8L manifold

this is basically a 1.6 manifold that has been chopped and has some motorcycle throttle bodies mounted to it with silicone couplers. The same throttle bodies could probably fit on a 1.8 manifold with a little work (the cylinder spacing is different after all)
Full_Tilt_Boogie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 12:30 AM   #16
MT Pony Underground
iTrader: (6)
 
Nagase's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,811
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full_Tilt_Boogie View Post
a hacked up stock 1.8L manifold

this is basically a 1.6 manifold that has been chopped and has some motorcycle throttle bodies mounted to it with silicone couplers. The same throttle bodies could probably fit on a 1.8 manifold with a little work (the cylinder spacing is different after all)
I understand what the ITBs are connected to. I know it uses silicone couplers. I can tell this by looking at the picture. The fact that the 1.8 is wider is exactly what I was asking about. "What's required to adapt the IRTBs to 1.8?" Is asking what needs to be done to the ITBs to connect to the 1.8. I didn't ask "how do I make a manifold for this work." I don't see any way to make this ITB setup wider, and angling out the couplers to each side is just... bad for even air flow.
Nagase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 12:37 AM   #17
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 4,687
Total Cats: 216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagase View Post
I understand what the ITBs are connected to. I know it uses silicone couplers. I can tell this by looking at the picture. The fact that the 1.8 is wider is exactly what I was asking about. "What's required to adapt the IRTBs to 1.8?" Is asking what needs to be done to the ITBs to connect to the 1.8. I didn't ask "how do I make a manifold for this work." I don't see any way to make this ITB setup wider, and angling out the couplers to each side is just... bad for even air flow.
Calm the hell down. You asked an incredibly generalized question, you asked what do I need to make this work on a 1.8, well the biggest thing you need is another damn intake manifold, you didnt say anything about already knowing about the cylinder spacing or the differences in flange, injectors, or anything.


That type of throttle body setup is held together with a long rod so they can be spaced appart with washers if needed. Most likely that wont even be an issue, the cylinder spacing difference is minimal and the loss of flow from angling the runners is most likely non-existent, most intake manifolds dont have straight runners to begin with.
Full_Tilt_Boogie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 12:53 AM   #18
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Freehold, NJ
Posts: 1,577
Total Cats: -2
Default

why are you buying/selling ITB's on a TURBO forum
disturbedfan121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 12:58 AM   #19
MT Pony Underground
iTrader: (6)
 
Nagase's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,811
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full_Tilt_Boogie View Post
Calm the hell down. You asked an incredibly generalized question, you asked what do I need to make this work on a 1.8, well the biggest thing you need is another damn intake manifold, you didnt say anything about already knowing about the cylinder spacing or the differences in flange, injectors, or anything.


That type of throttle body setup is held together with a long rod so they can be spaced appart with washers if needed. Most likely that wont even be an issue, the cylinder spacing difference is minimal and the loss of flow from angling the runners is most likely non-existent, most intake manifolds dont have straight runners to begin with.
I'm very calm, seemingly moreso than you as I didn't need to swear. Thank you for the answer with the rod, I did not know that. Thank you.

Not straight runners, yes. But the difference in volume and flow due to the angle would worry me, especially as the #4 in the Miata already tends to have problems. It might be nothing, I might be wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbedfan121 View Post
why are you buying/selling ITB's on a TURBO forum
I know that I'm here because the tech is better here than Miata.net. Don't have a turbo Miata anymore, but it's still better here.
Nagase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 01:06 AM   #20
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 4,687
Total Cats: 216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagase View Post
I'm very calm, seemingly moreso than you as I didn't need to swear.
Both my parents were in the Navy, I swear all the time.
Full_Tilt_Boogie is online now   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project Gemini - Turbo Civic on the Cheap Full_Tilt_Boogie Build Threads 59 12-15-2017 09:00 PM
Back to Stock Part Out!! Turbo Parts, MS2 Enhanced 01-05, Suspension, and MOAR! StratoBlue1109 Miata parts for sale/trade 16 10-02-2015 10:39 AM
Moroso Air Oil Separator Catch Can Aroundcorner Miata parts for sale/trade 2 10-01-2015 04:20 PM
Leaky Wilwoods mx592 Suspension, Brakes, Drivetrain 1 10-01-2015 01:45 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:49 AM.