Go Back  Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats. > Classifieds > Miata parts for sale/trade
Reload this Page >

LS D585 Ignition Coil Bracket Kit (Pre-Order)

Miata parts for sale/trade Buy, trade or sell your Miata parts here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS D585 Ignition Coil Bracket Kit (Pre-Order)

 
Old 04-05-2017, 08:24 AM
  #121  
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Broken Arrow,Ok
Posts: 1,163
Total Cats: 41
Default

Hey wackbards - I just sent you a PM. It looks like you might have the non-vvt version of the plug wires. Check your PM and shoot me an email so I can get you taken care of.
__________________


95 Miata Backburner Project
99 Jeep Cherokee Offroad Beater
01 Miata AutoX Car
02 Bugeye Wagon Project Car
07 335i Fun Daily

Check Out Our Parts Threads and Online Store!
Coolant Reroute and EGR Block-Off Parts Thread
LSx D585 Coil Bracket Kit Pre-Order Thread

Hawley Performance Online Store
TheBandit is offline  
Old 09-18-2017, 12:27 PM
  #122  
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Broken Arrow,Ok
Posts: 1,163
Total Cats: 41
Default

Monday Bump!
__________________


95 Miata Backburner Project
99 Jeep Cherokee Offroad Beater
01 Miata AutoX Car
02 Bugeye Wagon Project Car
07 335i Fun Daily

Check Out Our Parts Threads and Online Store!
Coolant Reroute and EGR Block-Off Parts Thread
LSx D585 Coil Bracket Kit Pre-Order Thread

Hawley Performance Online Store
TheBandit is offline  
Old 09-19-2017, 02:13 AM
  #123  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Boston,Mass
Posts: 393
Total Cats: 21
Default

Ordered and received my set, excited to get them mounted up soon! - not excited about the wiring harness mods tho! Definitely would've payed more to not have to do any wiring harness mods myself, i like to be lazy.
Colipto is offline  
Old 09-21-2017, 08:32 AM
  #124  
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Broken Arrow,Ok
Posts: 1,163
Total Cats: 41
Default

Originally Posted by Colipto View Post
Ordered and received my set, excited to get them mounted up soon! - not excited about the wiring harness mods tho! Definitely would've payed more to not have to do any wiring harness mods myself, i like to be lazy.
Thank you for your order! We certainly appreciate it.

Plug and play wiring is something I've tossed around several times and it may come to light at some point.

At its core, this is a niche market within a niche market. If we tried to satisfy the variations within the different years wiring it's even more of a niche. Electronics are also hard(er) to diagnose problems and failures. The plug wires for these kits have been a time sucker for me specifically. They were another item that wasn't a core competency we had so we had to outsource and even then it's been a headache.

For the moment, we are going to stick to what seem to do well at. If I can't bring a premium product to market that I can firmly stand behind, I won't offer up a subpar solution just to generate sales. That being said, I appreciate your interest and always love hearing about products that our customers would like to see.
__________________


95 Miata Backburner Project
99 Jeep Cherokee Offroad Beater
01 Miata AutoX Car
02 Bugeye Wagon Project Car
07 335i Fun Daily

Check Out Our Parts Threads and Online Store!
Coolant Reroute and EGR Block-Off Parts Thread
LSx D585 Coil Bracket Kit Pre-Order Thread

Hawley Performance Online Store
TheBandit is offline  
Old 09-21-2017, 02:14 PM
  #125  
Junior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 342
Total Cats: 24
Default

Originally Posted by TheBandit View Post
Thank you for your order! We certainly appreciate it.

Plug and play wiring is something I've tossed around several times and it may come to light at some point.

At its core, this is a niche market within a niche market. If we tried to satisfy the variations within the different years wiring it's even more of a niche. Electronics are also hard(er) to diagnose problems and failures. The plug wires for these kits have been a time sucker for me specifically. They were another item that wasn't a core competency we had so we had to outsource and even then it's been a headache.

For the moment, we are going to stick to what seem to do well at. If I can't bring a premium product to market that I can firmly stand behind, I won't offer up a subpar solution just to generate sales. That being said, I appreciate your interest and always love hearing about products that our customers would like to see.
I've finally got all the plug variations to start making ignition kits (the wiring part) for all years. I don't recall which is which offhand but if you send over images & drawings with lengths, we can put these together. At the very least, we have all the parts to do it in stock including the receptacles to make it a PNP harness.

Send images (in focus & well lit), specs, dimensions to [email protected] .

Connector listing with the D585 coil plugs in the "Ignition Coil Connectors for GM Truck & LS Coil" section:
https://www.bmotorsports.com/shop/mazda_miata.php
vtjballeng is offline  
Old 04-26-2018, 10:03 AM
  #126  
Newb
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 33
Total Cats: -7
Default

Originally Posted by vtjballeng View Post
I've finally got all the plug variations to start making ignition kits (the wiring part) for all years. I don't recall which is which offhand but if you send over images & drawings with lengths, we can put these together. At the very least, we have all the parts to do it in stock including the receptacles to make it a PNP harness.

Send images (in focus & well lit), specs, dimensions to [email protected] .

Connector listing with the D585 coil plugs in the "Ignition Coil Connectors for GM Truck & LS Coil" section:
https://www.bmotorsports.com/shop/mazda_miata.php

Any news about harness?
Gn0m4 is offline  
Old 04-27-2018, 09:59 AM
  #127  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Manassas,VA
Posts: 71
Total Cats: 3
Default

This is a little out of place, but does anyone have a pinout/color diagram for an 01 Miata for running D585 coils sequentially? And also possible know the two optional pins to run on MS pnp.

Edit: Figured this out from Matt from DIY. You can either use all 4 Optional pins, or use stock wires for Coils A and B, optional for C and D, MS outputs the signal for A and B to both the factory wiring and optional connector, nothing to mess with inside of TS, other than setting to COP and messing with Dwell etc for your coils.

Firing order is ABCD, 1,3,4,2.
The wire for ignition on cylinders 1 + 4, becomes cylinder 1 A.
The wire for ignition on cylinders 2 + 3, becomes cylinder 3 B.
Connect Coil 4 to optional, pin U (C).
Connect Coil 2 to optional, pin S (D)

Coil- Optional Pin
A- Y
B- W
C- U
D- S

Last edited by muthagoose; 04-27-2018 at 03:24 PM.
muthagoose is offline  
Old 04-28-2018, 10:32 PM
  #128  
Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Saint Paul, MN
Posts: 1,434
Total Cats: 23
Default

Just wondering if the VVT wires will be in stock again anytime soon? I know we can build our own, just wanted to ask really.
Der_Idiot is offline  
Old 05-01-2018, 05:29 PM
  #129  
Junior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 342
Total Cats: 24
Default

Originally Posted by Gn0m4 View Post
Any news about harness?
We've been busy with other projects and just haven't made this happen. If someone can feed us drawings of which connector goes where with main harness segment lengths, branch locations, & branch lengths, we can build them. We have all the parts here and ready.
vtjballeng is offline  
Old 05-23-2018, 03:10 PM
  #130  
Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Saint Paul, MN
Posts: 1,434
Total Cats: 23
Default

I was referring to plug wires in my previous post, not the harness if that's what you thought I meant by that.
Der_Idiot is offline  
Old 05-24-2018, 03:28 PM
  #131  
Junior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 342
Total Cats: 24
Default

Originally Posted by Der_Idiot View Post
I was referring to plug wires in my previous post, not the harness if that's what you thought I meant by that.

Thanks for the clarification, I did think you meant the low voltage wiring harness rather than plug wires.
vtjballeng is offline  
Old 05-30-2018, 07:00 PM
  #132  
Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Michigan
Posts: 18
Total Cats: 1
Default

Hey There, wanted to place an order for a bracket set if not too late!
BigEasy is offline  
Old 06-11-2018, 09:38 AM
  #133  
Junior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Metro Detroit, MI
Posts: 361
Total Cats: 29
Default

Would also like a set for a VVT car.
Goingnowherefast is offline  
Old 10-12-2018, 04:57 PM
  #134  
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Broken Arrow,Ok
Posts: 1,163
Total Cats: 41
Default

Brackets are in stock and available on our website!

A new shipment of plug wires should be arriving early next week!

We will also be offering a Plug and Play wiring harness for these kits soon! Stay tuned,
__________________


95 Miata Backburner Project
99 Jeep Cherokee Offroad Beater
01 Miata AutoX Car
02 Bugeye Wagon Project Car
07 335i Fun Daily

Check Out Our Parts Threads and Online Store!
Coolant Reroute and EGR Block-Off Parts Thread
LSx D585 Coil Bracket Kit Pre-Order Thread

Hawley Performance Online Store
TheBandit is offline  
Old 10-12-2018, 07:56 PM
  #135  
Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Saint Paul, MN
Posts: 1,434
Total Cats: 23
Default

I've been using the bracket and wires with no complaints. Note when pushing on the coil side of the plug wires that the seal makes an airtight seal which can push back on the plug and unplug the wire. My #4 plug wire got pushed off when the engine got hot, solution is to work a tiny screwdriver between the coil/plugwire seal to relieve the pressure.
Der_Idiot is offline  
Old 10-12-2018, 08:37 PM
  #136  
Newb
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Central CT
Posts: 17
Total Cats: 2
Default

Any love for folks with a 1.6 valve cover?
Caleb Newcome is offline  
Old 10-13-2018, 10:26 PM
  #137  
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Broken Arrow,Ok
Posts: 1,163
Total Cats: 41
Default

Originally Posted by Der_Idiot View Post
I've been using the bracket and wires with no complaints. Note when pushing on the coil side of the plug wires that the seal makes an airtight seal which can push back on the plug and unplug the wire. My #4 plug wire got pushed off when the engine got hot, solution is to work a tiny screwdriver between the coil/plugwire seal to relieve the pressure.
Excellent! That's what I love to hear!
__________________


95 Miata Backburner Project
99 Jeep Cherokee Offroad Beater
01 Miata AutoX Car
02 Bugeye Wagon Project Car
07 335i Fun Daily

Check Out Our Parts Threads and Online Store!
Coolant Reroute and EGR Block-Off Parts Thread
LSx D585 Coil Bracket Kit Pre-Order Thread

Hawley Performance Online Store
TheBandit is offline  
Old 10-13-2018, 10:28 PM
  #138  
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Broken Arrow,Ok
Posts: 1,163
Total Cats: 41
Default

Originally Posted by Caleb Newcome View Post
Any love for folks with a 1.6 valve cover?
I don't have any 1.6L cars nearby to test fit on. I believe I checked at one time and the geometry was different enough that these won't fit without modification. We very rarely get requests for 1.6L parts so sometimes they do get overlooked. I'll keep an eye out for an early model VC to compare.
__________________


95 Miata Backburner Project
99 Jeep Cherokee Offroad Beater
01 Miata AutoX Car
02 Bugeye Wagon Project Car
07 335i Fun Daily

Check Out Our Parts Threads and Online Store!
Coolant Reroute and EGR Block-Off Parts Thread
LSx D585 Coil Bracket Kit Pre-Order Thread

Hawley Performance Online Store
TheBandit is offline  
Old 10-13-2018, 10:45 PM
  #139  
Newb
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Central CT
Posts: 17
Total Cats: 2
Default

Maybe I can help? I'll do some measuring and some CAD and stuff tomorrow.
Caleb Newcome is offline  
Old 10-15-2018, 02:40 AM
  #140  
Newb
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 33
Total Cats: -7
Default

Originally Posted by Caleb Newcome View Post
Any love for folks with a 1.6 valve cover?
I will mount it in a 1.6 GTX valve cover but can try in a 1.6 OEM calve cover too.
Gn0m4 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LS D585 Ignition Coil Bracket Kit (Pre-Order)


Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.