Oil/water line kits - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Miata parts for sale/trade Buy, trade or sell your Miata parts here.

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-29-2009, 12:22 AM   #1
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (34)
 
ARTech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dallas
Posts: 530
Total Cats: 9
Default Oil/water line kits

I want to see if there is enough interest for me to commit to a large order of these.

The oil line kits are for 90-95s only and tap the oil feed port on the drivers side of the block. No need to get under the intake manifold to tee off the oil pressure sender. It includes the block fitting, crush washer for it, -24" 3AN SS braided line, and 7/16-24 inverted flare fitting for turbo. Garrett/Nissan and MHI/mitsubishi T25/28 turbos use this fitting. $37 for the kit.



Oil drain is universal for all years. Included is a machined aluminum flange, 5/8" (-10AN) barb fittings (oil pan fitting has 3/8 threads to make tapping a bit easier), and 1.5' of 350F reinforced silicone hose. Fun fact, silicone hose has a higher working temperature rating than stainless braided hose in this size, by 100-150F depending on manufacturer, and is much easier to work with/bend/cut/etc. $37 for it as well, or if you still insist on SS braided, $47 with straight hose ends.





High temp reinforced silicone coolant line kit. This is a step up from your regular black rubber hose. Rubber hose is rated at 200F. This is good for 350F continuous working temp with 450F intermittent, so it won't dry/rot/crack over time. Kit comes with enough 5/16" hose for both lines, fittings and adapters for turbo. $40 for it. Didn't take individual pics but they are the blue lines on theese pics, along with the adapters attached at the top and two adapter fittings for the turbo's coolant ports.





Stainless line kit. The baller setup Includes turbo fittings, -6AN stainless braided lines (teflon lined) with a 90 degree fitting on one end, mounting bracket w/ fittings, adapters, and 5/16" silicone reinforced hose to connect to factory nipples. Again, the hose is rated at 350F continuous working temperature. This would be $120 for everything pictured above or $105 if you don't need the silicone hose. Need better pictures but here's a couple I snapped earier. The bracket attaches to the existing hoist hook bolt






So what do you guys think? Do the prices seem fair?

Abe
ARTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:34 AM   #2
Junior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: 94401
Posts: 240
Total Cats: -2
Default

weather there is going to be a group buy or not can i get a set?
proughj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 08:59 AM   #3
Senior Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 567
Total Cats: 1
Default

seems pretty fair to me. Ill purchase some of it for my setup.
slutz4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 09:01 AM   #4
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

looks good.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 09:06 AM   #5
meatbag
iTrader: (50)
 
gospeed81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 7,357
Total Cats: 26
Default

Would save me a headaches as I look at converting to a T25.

Good pricing.

EDIT: I do like what you did there with the coolant lines...only using stainless where you need it.
gospeed81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 10:11 AM   #6
Elite Member
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,982
Total Cats: 10
Default

Seems like a good price. Everything you need, and don't have to spend time looking for parts.
miatauser884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:25 AM   #7
Elite Member
iTrader: (28)
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: St. Augustine FL
Posts: 2,310
Total Cats: 2
Default

Bastard you could've saved me days of searching befor i bought my **** lol..... I'll take a oil drain piece in silicone PM'n

why don't you make an oil cooler line kit....... or sell me some -8an line on the cheap!!!!!
Does anyone know if you could use earl fittings/ An fitings with the silicone hose?

Last edited by p51hellfire; 09-29-2009 at 11:38 AM.
p51hellfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 04:11 PM   #8
Newb
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 22
Total Cats: 0
Default

Nice little package, I would be interested in the whole setup.
poisonousbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 05:27 PM   #9
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (34)
 
ARTech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dallas
Posts: 530
Total Cats: 9
Default

Quote:
weather there is going to be a group buy or not can i get a set?
Not really a group buy. This will be the price for everyone. Although if a group buy title is what it takes for a them to start moving, we can call it that

Quote:
I do like what you did there with the coolant lines...only using stainless where you need it.
Thanks. I could do complete stainless, the price difference wouldn't be much if any, but it wouldn't be universal and it'd require tapping the waterneck for AN fittings. I found this to be the simplest solution to join SS lines to hose. Doesn't look bad either and like you said, ss is only needed near the turbine.

Quote:
why don't you make an oil cooler line kit....... or sell me some -8an line on the cheap!!!!!
Does anyone know if you could use earl fittings/ An fitings with the silicone hose?
Sure. What exactly do you need? Fittings/sizes?

You can use silicone hose with AN "pushloc" fittings. AN sizes are measured in 16ths of an inch, so for -8AN fittings you need 1/2" hose. Juast a heads up though, stainless hose itself is actually cheaper than silicone, it's the fittings that make SS hose assemblies expensive. In other words, silicone hose plus AN ends will be the same price, or more than stainless. Your call, I can get you either.

Well it sounds like there's at least a few interested, so I'll go ahead with it. I guess post or PM me with what you need.
ARTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 05:44 PM   #10
Senior Member
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Milpitas, CA
Posts: 1,057
Total Cats: 1
Default

Very nice. I am using the same silicone hoses, I bought them from royal brass in San jose. They work VERY well. I like how you incorporated separate AN connections.

And yup, those silicone hoses are expensive.
Marc D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 06:48 PM   #11
Junior Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sarasota, FL
Posts: 334
Total Cats: 0
Default

+1 interested, just had to repair the rubber coolant lines on my FM kit.
chokeasphyxia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 02:13 AM   #12
Newb
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 17
Total Cats: 1
Default

Hi ARTech,

Im very interested, can you ship to Australia?

Cheers,
rxmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 02:37 AM   #13
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (34)
 
ARTech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dallas
Posts: 530
Total Cats: 9
Default

Sure, that's not a problem. Since you can't PM yet, feel free to email me at [email protected]
ARTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 08:39 AM   #14
Newb
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 17
Total Cats: 1
Default

Thanks ARTech,

email sent.
rxmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 08:53 AM   #15
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

I need a short hose made so I can use this TiAL pressure restricter. However, BEGi used some weird sized oil line that's not the same pitch.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 04:09 PM   #16
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (34)
 
ARTech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dallas
Posts: 530
Total Cats: 9
Default

Thanks for the reminder. Oil restrictor, if needed, can be added to the feed line kit for $7.

PM'd you about the line.
ARTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:33 PM   #17
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (34)
 
ARTech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dallas
Posts: 530
Total Cats: 9
Default

I've received a couple of emails asking about this, so let me clear it up.

Stainless braided hose comes in two flavors. The stainless braided lines used in the coolant line kit are teflon lined and rated at 500F working temperature. There is an advantage to using them on track cars that may need the additional heat resistance over silicone. The bigger sizes of stainless hose, like those used on oil drain kits, are usually rubber lined. Rubber is what makes them only good for 250F. The difference:

Teflon:



Rubber:

ARTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 08:28 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NHR, TX
Posts: 536
Total Cats: -2
Default

Having the water lines would have saved me from having too trim those banjo fittings. This would be a nice upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARTech View Post
I want to see if there is enough interest for me to commit to a large order of these.

The oil line kits are for 90-95s only and tap the oil feed port on the drivers side of the block. No need to get under the intake manifold to tee off the oil pressure sender. It includes the block fitting, crush washer for it, -24" 3AN SS braided line, and 7/16-24 inverted flare fitting for turbo. Garrett/Nissan and MHI/mitsubishi T25/28 turbos use this fitting. $37 for the kit.



Oil drain is universal for all years. Included is a machined aluminum flange, 5/8" (-10AN) barb fittings (oil pan fitting has 3/8 threads to make tapping a bit easier), and 1.5' of 350F reinforced silicone hose. Fun fact, silicone hose has a higher working temperature rating than stainless braided hose in this size, by 100-150F depending on manufacturer, and is much easier to work with/bend/cut/etc. $37 for it as well, or if you still insist on SS braided, $47 with straight hose ends.





High temp reinforced silicone coolant line kit. This is a step up from your regular black rubber hose. Rubber hose is rated at 200F. This is good for 350F continuous working temp with 450F intermittent, so it won't dry/rot/crack over time. Kit comes with enough 5/16" hose for both lines, fittings and adapters for turbo. $40 for it. Didn't take individual pics but they are the blue lines on theese pics, along with the adapters attached at the top and two adapter fittings for the turbo's coolant ports.





Stainless line kit. The baller setup Includes turbo fittings, -6AN stainless braided lines (teflon lined) with a 90 degree fitting on one end, mounting bracket w/ fittings, adapters, and 5/16" silicone reinforced hose to connect to factory nipples. Again, the hose is rated at 350F continuous working temperature. This would be $120 for everything pictured above or $105 if you don't need the silicone hose. Need better pictures but here's a couple I snapped earier. The bracket attaches to the existing hoist hook bolt






So what do you guys think? Do the prices seem fair?

Abe
apariah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 01:07 AM   #19
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (34)
 
ARTech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dallas
Posts: 530
Total Cats: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by apariah View Post
Having the water lines would have saved me from having too trim those banjo fittings. This would be a nice upgrade.
Thanks.

If a tighter fit is required, these are an option as well:





ARTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 01:59 AM   #20
Elite Member
iTrader: (17)
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 2,831
Total Cats: 0
Default

wow! wish i would have seen this before i dropped close to 200 bucks on BEGi's oil and water distribution kit!

not trying to talk bad about bell but from the looks of your set up your selling, it looks a hell of alot cleaner and more user friendly than what i got in the mail!

if i end up redoing my setup, ill be hitting you up for you oil and water lines!

you wouldnt happen to have a website would you?
WonTon is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project Gemini - Turbo Civic on the Cheap Full_Tilt_Boogie Build Threads 57 07-19-2017 05:11 PM
My solution for Oiltemp and Oilpressure input into Megasuirt (MS3) Zaphod MEGAsquirt 41 01-24-2016 01:25 PM
Noob to Miataturbo from MA JxPhan Meet and Greet 3 10-02-2015 03:17 AM
Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump $50 lsc224 Miata parts for sale/trade 2 10-01-2015 10:17 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:48 PM.