Installed Intercooler today! (pics) - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Prefabbed Turbo Kits A place to discuss prefabricated turbo kits on the market
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2008, 08:09 PM   #1
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Guam (U.S Terr.)
Posts: 786
Total Cats: -2
Thumbs up Installed Intercooler today! (pics)

So finally I ordered some piping from cxracing and got my intercooler done. It worked out real well no problems at all. Heres some pics I took this morning.


-And its straight to!
DSC00703.jpg

DSC00704.jpg

-Still using that Greddy bull **** pipe until I figure something out.
DSC00705.jpg


-My neighbor made me this bracket and it was perfect. The only thing I bought were the washers and bolts. And everything lined up just right.
DSC00706.jpg


-Some pics of how i went around the Radiator.
DSC00707.jpg

DSC00708.jpg

-Found out my blow off valve was leaking and thus i had idle dropping issues so my friend swapped me for his knock off HKS for my knock off Greddy. Now my idle is perfect and for some reason he likes my Greddy. So it all worked out. + I like the sounds of this one better!
DSC00709.jpg

DSC00710.jpg
mike_671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 08:57 PM   #2
Antisaint
iTrader: (17)
 
Vashthestampede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Danbury, CT
Posts: 4,659
Total Cats: 54
Default

Nice man, looks good! I got some pipes from them as well. I just need to get a new IC and mock up my pipes. I'm going to have a friend that owns a welding shop weld all of mine to cut down on blow out spots.

Vash-
Vashthestampede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 09:03 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 701
Total Cats: 0
Default

Nice radiator overflow.... gatorade is it in...miata?
MX_Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 09:07 PM   #4
Elite Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Saml01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 5,730
Total Cats: 2
Default

Were the holes for the bracket in the radiator brace there or did you drill em?
Saml01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 09:16 PM   #5
Senior Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: worcester ma
Posts: 1,124
Total Cats: 0
Default

ur motor looks alot like mine 14-2.gif


IMG00002.jpg
urgaynknowit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 09:44 PM   #6
Senior Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: worcester ma
Posts: 1,124
Total Cats: 0
Default

i just noticed this, but, ur frame is white, body panels are red, and the car is flat black?
am i correct?

and y?
urgaynknowit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 11:08 PM   #7
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Guam (U.S Terr.)
Posts: 786
Total Cats: -2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vashthestampede View Post
Nice man, looks good! I got some pipes from them as well. I just need to get a new IC and mock up my pipes. I'm going to have a friend that owns a welding shop weld all of mine to cut down on blow out spots.

Vash-
-Thanks its actually a lot Easier then i thought it would be. I just used a hack saw to cut my pipes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX_Eva View Post
Nice radiator overflow.... gatorade is it in...miata?
-lol good one! i have the factory tank but there no cap so im just waiting on a friend to see if hes got any caps in his junk miatas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saml01 View Post
Were the holes for the bracket in the radiator brace there or did you drill em?
-Those are factory holes and there so perfect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by urgaynknowit View Post
ur motor looks alot like mine




-Yours is a lot cleaner though

Quote:
Originally Posted by urgaynknowit View Post
i just noticed this, but, ur frame is white, body panels are red, and the car is flat black?
am i correct?

and y?
-This miata was put together by me after i totaled my white one. So theres a lot of parts from different miata. Its really really UGLY right now, but after a n expensive paint job it should look good. Now that i got the car running decent the Next step is to paint it.
mike_671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 11:20 PM   #8
Senior Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: worcester ma
Posts: 1,124
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_671 View Post
-
-This miata was put together by me after i totaled my white one. So theres a lot of parts from different miata. Its really really UGLY right now, but after a n expensive paint job it should look good. Now that i got the car running decent the Next step is to paint it.
do they have macco where ur from?

a friend of mine had a 700 dollar paint job, and its amazing
its all in the prep work, so if u prep it very well ur self, it should come out great
then just buff till it looks like a show room car

ps, what color would u go with?
urgaynknowit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 11:46 PM   #9
Elite Member
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Overland Park, Kansas
Posts: 5,382
Total Cats: 43
Default

Hey man, looking good! You're taking care of the important stuff before the show.
elesjuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 11:49 PM   #10
Elite Member
iTrader: (24)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sherman Oaks, CA
Posts: 4,481
Total Cats: 3
Default

small sucker
UrbanSoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 11:57 PM   #11
Elite Member
iTrader: (13)
 
cjernigan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 8,147
Total Cats: 6
Default

Looks good to me, great job man. Did you paint the pipes or get them coated? The finish looks real even on them all that I can see from my quick look.
cjernigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 02:08 AM   #12
Elite Member
iTrader: (24)
 
kotomile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Monterey, CA
Posts: 7,578
Total Cats: 40
Default

Why did you both keep the question-mark pipe?
kotomile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 02:17 AM   #13
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: San Diego to LA, CA
Posts: 297
Total Cats: 0
Default

looks nice. I cant wait to turbo.

Any plans to eliminate that greedy ? pipe?
91NApeewee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 02:34 AM   #14
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Guam (U.S Terr.)
Posts: 786
Total Cats: -2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by urgaynknowit View Post
do they have macco where ur from?

a friend of mine had a 700 dollar paint job, and its amazing
its all in the prep work, so if u prep it very well ur self, it should come out great
then just buff till it looks like a show room car

ps, what color would u go with?
The quotes im getting is pricey. Its because theres some body work and the both fenders have to be re shaped. Thats why its expensive, but theres no palm sized dents anywhere and no holes from rust. The color im thinking is Black or White. Just want to keep it simple then put a track dog lip on there to make look good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesjuan View Post
Hey man, looking good! You're taking care of the important stuff before the show.
Thanks, that intercooler wasn't to important to since the car was only on 5 psi (for now) , but i just hate coming home and looking at that thing sitting in my room so i just decided to order my pipes and get it done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanSoot View Post
small sucker
Yea if i had to do it again i would of went with the one that Brain went with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjernigan View Post
Looks good to me, great job man. Did you paint the pipes or get them coated? The finish looks real even on them all that I can see from my quick look.
Yea they came painted. Some of the pipes have a gloss look because those were pipes that i had a while back that fitted without cutting, but its not really noticeable between the gloss ones and the flat ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotomile View Post
Why did you both keep the question-mark pipe?
I don't know why. I don't have a perfect shaped pipe and Im tired of using couplers Ill look into it later tho. I don't think theres a gain of hp if i delete it or not. (i might be wrong idk)
mike_671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 02:37 AM   #15
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Guam (U.S Terr.)
Posts: 786
Total Cats: -2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91NApeewee View Post
looks nice. I cant wait to turbo.

Any plans to eliminate that greedy ? pipe?

I was the same!

Yea ill delete it soon.
mike_671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 07:23 AM   #16
Senior Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: worcester ma
Posts: 1,124
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotomile View Post
Why did you both keep the question-mark pipe?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91NApeewee View Post
looks nice. I cant wait to turbo.

Any plans to eliminate that greedy ? pipe?
for better or for worse, im guessing he was in the same boat as me
run out of pipes, and just wanted the car to run
urgaynknowit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:59 PM   #17
Elite Member
iTrader: (15)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Incline Village, NV
Posts: 2,073
Total Cats: 5
Default

Did you buy a "kit" from cx racing off e-bay or just specific pipes/couplers/t-bolt clamps from them. I just went with one of there "kits" off e-bay and am hoping ill have enough pipes ect to finish the job off.
thesnowboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 01:04 PM   #18
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,872
Total Cats: 1,790
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_671 View Post
Yea if i had to do it again i would of went with the one that Brain went with.


it's plenty big, remember at 12-15psi I was only seeing a 20-25F delta in boost.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 10:44 AM   #19
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Guam (U.S Terr.)
Posts: 786
Total Cats: -2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesnowboarder View Post
Did you buy a "kit" from cx racing off e-bay or just specific pipes/couplers/t-bolt clamps from them. I just went with one of there "kits" off e-bay and am hoping ill have enough pipes ect to finish the job off.
Yup, I just bought the universal piping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
it's plenty big, remember at 12-15psi I was only seeing a 20-25F delta in boost.
Yea I just like the look of the miata when the mouth is full.
mike_671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 10:49 AM   #20
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,872
Total Cats: 1,790
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_671 View Post
Yea I just like the look of the miata when the mouth is full.

yep, if i a wasn't a ***** id get a 20x6x3 or something and fill it up and i wouldn't paint it this time. since i went bigger and offset i went black.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Buzzing from driver side of engine bay? (MS3 install) nick470 MEGAsquirt 7 06-16-2017 02:53 PM
OTS Bilstein to motorsports ASN conversion stoves Suspension, Brakes, Drivetrain 5 04-21-2016 04:00 PM
Back to Stock Part Out!! Turbo Parts, MS2 Enhanced 01-05, Suspension, and MOAR! StratoBlue1109 Miata parts for sale/trade 16 10-02-2015 10:39 AM
Time to start learning and play with tuning The Gleas MEGAsquirt 3 10-01-2015 10:30 AM
Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump $50 lsc224 Miata parts for sale/trade 2 10-01-2015 10:17 AM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:02 PM.