Race Crew please check in here. - Page 4 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Race Prep Miata race-only chat.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-03-2011, 01:53 PM   #61
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 1,970
Total Cats: 49
Default

I didn't run the VIR-F with mid-Atlantic NASA, unfortunately timing was just not right for me either time they did it. I look forward to it, but I am afraid of the ungodly wait times when racers wreck. Anyways, I am going to look into some of these suggested clubs, because VIR is an absolute blast. I am hard pressed to say it, but I like VIR more than RA. Might be just because I have to drive 6 hours to RA.
Seefo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 02:04 PM   #62
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Wake Forest, NC
Posts: 175
Total Cats: 0
Default

NASA does hot pulls, so generally there arent any wait times. I have been there with TrackDaze where it was Black Flag - All until they could get cleaned up because TD doesnt do hot pulls. That said, we sat in the pits for 3 or 4 minutes of a 30 minute session.

Then again, the TD event in August a 'vette dropped diff oil down the whole front stretch and cut the Advanced group about 12 minutes short.
cucamelsmd15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 02:14 PM   #63
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 1,970
Total Cats: 49
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cucamelsmd15 View Post
NASA does hot pulls, so generally there arent any wait times. I have been there with TrackDaze where it was Black Flag - All until they could get cleaned up because TD doesnt do hot pulls. That said, we sat in the pits for 3 or 4 minutes of a 30 minute session.

Then again, the TD event in August a 'vette dropped diff oil down the whole front stretch and cut the Advanced group about 12 minutes short.
Not really, they do hot pulls and thats great, but we had delays both days at at NASA-SE RA earlier this year. no big deal, it happens, I understand that. I will let you guys know how CMP goes, should be much cleaner as I don't think there will be nearly as many cars.
Seefo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 03:20 PM   #64
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Winchester, VA
Posts: 302
Total Cats: 3
Default

NASA-MA has a pretty strict policy about taking time away from whatever group had the incident, specifically so it doesn't affect other groups. Now whether or not they stray from that occasionally...

Specifically for VIR, look into the First Settler's Region PCA 3-day events. Unbelievable amount of track time for a very reasonable price, and good people. If I had to pick one VIR event a year to do, that would be the one (usually the one in May too, so great weather).
stinkycheezmonky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 03:42 PM   #65
Senior Member
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 924
Total Cats: 16
Default

I have heard mention of pca and Might go with them to vir in november. I have a friend who drives with them, so I am going to talk to him and find out more about it, but it is a 3 day event. so thats pretty cool!
Gryff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:20 PM   #66
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 1,970
Total Cats: 49
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
I have heard mention of pca and Might go with them to vir in november. I have a friend who drives with them, so I am going to talk to him and find out more about it, but it is a 3 day event. so thats pretty cool!
can you link me to that event?
Seefo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:57 PM   #67
Senior Member
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 924
Total Cats: 16
Default

When I get the link, sure!
Gryff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:38 PM   #68
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 1,970
Total Cats: 49
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
When I get the link, sure!
well, found the calender date. its 11/18. unfortunately, I will be at RA that weekend (ot, my b-day is 11/17). Enjoy it though, VIR is awesome awesome awesome!
Seefo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:43 AM   #69
Senior Member
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 924
Total Cats: 16
Default

Fair enough, enjoy RA! an equally awesome track in my opinion. I'll definitely have a blast! been there before, just never driven it.
Gryff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:47 PM   #70
I'm Miserable!
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 203
Total Cats: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedemPhex View Post
Either way, I am not doing it for the money, but I would be reallllly disappointed if they cancelled CMP over participation numbers.
The event was officially go a couple weeks back. It was right on the cusp and there was some talk about running with another group out there, but I don't think it's going to happen.

For some odd reason, this year THSCC's track program has really taken a beating; I think it's because of all of the people who usually do HPDE/TT are doing **** like Lemons and Chump.
GAMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 09:20 PM   #71
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 1,970
Total Cats: 49
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMO View Post
The event was officially go a couple weeks back. It was right on the cusp and there was some talk about running with another group out there, but I don't think it's going to happen.

For some odd reason, this year THSCC's track program has really taken a beating; I think it's because of all of the people who usually do HPDE/TT are doing **** like Lemons and Chump.
Good to hear. Will you be attending?
Seefo is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project Gemini - Turbo Civic on the Cheap Full_Tilt_Boogie Build Threads 58 12-13-2017 10:04 PM
15x10 - 15x11 6UL @ 949 Racing emilio700 Wheels and Tires 151 06-02-2017 03:36 PM
1994 Spec Miata Race Car SM/SM2/SSM For Sale Quinn Cars for sale/trade 6 10-23-2016 08:58 AM
SimExperience fiberglass race seat in Chicago area chris101 Miata parts for sale/trade 2 10-09-2015 10:08 AM
Another Alternator thread ihiryu General Miata Chat 9 09-28-2015 11:22 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:56 PM.