Supercharger Discussion For all you misguided souls.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boost gauge reading problems

 
Old 03-28-2018, 12:56 PM
  #1  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 60
Total Cats: -2
Default Boost gauge reading problems

Hi everybody,
i have my boost gauge + tdr powercard that are linked to one of the throttle body nip ( with a T cutting the line going a forget where! the capped one for the bov). I saw a lot of poeple going with this solution but i also read on this forum that these ports are not suitable (in general or only for ecu signal im not sure).

When i read the gauge I see negative values (seems normal post throtle body) but when i go up to a bit more than 3000 revs the pressure dont go up and stay negative (i think they go further this way). I dont know if it s too low to get pressure and i need more throttle to see positive values or if it s the wrong nip (i dont know at how much psi my internal turbo waste gate is calibrated so i m a bit afraid to test it).

do you think a signal comming from a T from the FPR will change something on my gauge readings? Do you think it will change something better for the tdr card signal?
Thats the instruction provided by tdr, maybe it s my approximate english knowledge but i understand that for tdr throttle body nip (like the capped one) is cleaner... i think it s the opposite of what i read there! Could you please explain me!
​​see: "Locate a free vacuum port on the intake manifold, near the front produces cleaner air pulses. If there are no free ports, splice into an existing vacuum source and use the included Tee to connect as shown in Photo A-3"

thx

Last edited by Lol256; 03-28-2018 at 01:10 PM.
Lol256 is offline  
Old 03-28-2018, 01:07 PM
  #2  
VladiTuned
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 35,141
Total Cats: 3,141
Default

Please learn how a turbocharger operates, and how a boost gauge works and what the normal readings are.

we are going to run out of patience if you start making threads for questions as dumb as this.
18psi is offline  
Old 03-28-2018, 01:08 PM
  #3  
Elite Member
iTrader: (17)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 2,902
Total Cats: 171
Default

Just driving around normally you'll be in vacuum, like your gauge is reading. It sounds like it's working fine, and you're just not going into boost. If you want to see if it works, put your right foot down and see what the gauge does.
pdexta is offline  
Old 03-28-2018, 01:08 PM
  #4  
SadFab CEO
iTrader: (3)
 
hi_im_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: your mom's house phoenix, AZ
Posts: 4,529
Total Cats: 1,076
Default

You'll need a trans brake.
hi_im_sean is offline  
Old 03-28-2018, 01:24 PM
  #5  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 60
Total Cats: -2
Default

Originally Posted by 18psi View Post
Please learn how a turbocharger operates, and how a boost gauge works and what the normal readings are.

we are going to run out of patience if you start making threads for questions as dumb as this.
I'm sorry i'm reading and learning (from Mt a lot) for tree month straight for this project and i resolves all the trouble i had by reading and without a single question to anybody (exvept my 2y old child). I'm posting these 3 questions because I cant find answers from my knoledge nor from old discussions (sometimes because opposits informations in different threads of this forum or because seems to be opposite to technical reference i received from fournissors of hardware). I love my everytime same atmo na6 for 20 years now , so i can promise you i didnt want to overflow this forum today in any way/day (you resolved both my other problems so thank you at the same time).

with all my respects and thanks
Lol256 is offline  
Old 03-28-2018, 01:25 PM
  #6  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 60
Total Cats: -2
Default

Originally Posted by pdexta View Post
Just driving around normally you'll be in vacuum, like your gauge is reading. It sounds like it's working fine, and you're just not going into boost. If you want to see if it works, put your right foot down and see what the gauge does.
will try it thx a lot!
Lol256 is offline  
Old 03-28-2018, 01:26 PM
  #7  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 60
Total Cats: -2
Default

Originally Posted by Lol256 View Post
I'm sorry i'm reading and learning (from Mt a lot) for tree month straight for this project and i resolves all the trouble i had by reading and without a single question to anybody (exvept my 2y old child). I'm posting these 3 questions because I cant find answers from my knoledge nor from old discussions (sometimes because opposits informations in different threads of this forum or because seems to be opposite to technical reference i received from fournissors of hardware). I love my everytime same atmo na6 for 20 years now , so i can promise you i didnt want to overflow this forum today in any way (you resolved both my other problems so thank you at the same time).

with all my respects and thanks
i'm rude but you're ruuuuude
Lol256 is offline  
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Twodoor
MEGAsquirt
12
06-08-2014 11:11 PM
stucky
Miata parts for sale/trade
1
12-31-2012 12:20 PM
Rushin
MEGAsquirt
14
07-29-2012 11:05 PM
carnut169
Engine Performance
13
05-03-2012 12:10 PM
AlexO35
MEGAsquirt
12
06-14-2008 08:46 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Boost gauge reading problems


Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.