NB to NA SC compatibility - Page 2 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Supercharger Discussion For all you misguided souls.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-17-2016, 05:30 AM   #21
Junior Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 67
Total Cats: 4
Default

2 parts you'll want to check are:

1. Your stock crank pulley as they differ between certain years. Some 6-rib pulleys could be bolted right over the oem pulleys, others needed a spacer/adapter info. Check a SC build thread by ChiefMG in this section. It's just a small aluminum ring that you can pick up from FFS if needed.

2. I think your year has an integrated IAT right in the AFM? If so, you'll need to get a new filter or plug that hole where the NB IAT sensor is plugged at the top of the filter.
RunninOnEmpty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 05:11 PM   #22
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 66
Total Cats: 2
Default

The MP62 is definitely the Supercharger to get. The 6 rib setup even more so. I would absolutely install an air to air intercooler and nice injectors. Having basically the same setup as described I was able to get 235 whp... Thing is a blast to drive. I also don't see many issues with it mounting up to your car.
The Gleas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 08:11 AM   #23
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 47
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gleas View Post
The MP62 is definitely the Supercharger to get. The 6 rib setup even more so. I would absolutely install an air to air intercooler and nice injectors. Having basically the same setup as described I was able to get 235 whp... Thing is a blast to drive. I also don't see many issues with it mounting up to your car.
I'd be happy with 190, but 235 is an exciting possibility for sure. How did you manage the purported idle droop with your intercooler?
weinerdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 09:17 AM   #24
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 66
Total Cats: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by weinerdog View Post
I'd be happy with 190, but 235 is an exciting possibility for sure. How did you manage the purported idle droop with your intercooler?
I have the track dog racing intercooler. I believe over the top of the radiator provides less throttled volume than other setups which helps. I also have the larger throttle body on the SC (not sure that really helps anything but giving you all the info). But I firmly believe the Megasquirt and actual tuneability makes all the difference. My idle air control is still in the stock location. Be sure to set your idle with the screw properly and use the advantage of megasquirt over the powercards... I never dyno'd my car with the powercards but I can tell you the power gains with megasquirt were not huge (so I think I was over 200 on powercards) but the driveability and smoothness of the tune was huge (in and out of boost, coasting to stop signs etc). If I can help at all don't be afraid to ask. I also have a build thread on here somewhere documenting all of the steps I took. Dyno below.

Attached Thumbnails
NB to NA SC compatibility-80-10403312_10153356934464396_1580381526340810920_n_e003b1fb1aebc6a34974e0a9f8df16630d2e13b6.jpg  
The Gleas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 12:13 PM   #25
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 47
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gleas View Post
I have the track dog racing intercooler. I believe over the top of the radiator provides less throttled volume than other setups which helps. I also have the larger throttle body on the SC (not sure that really helps anything but giving you all the info). But I firmly believe the Megasquirt and actual tuneability makes all the difference. My idle air control is still in the stock location. Be sure to set your idle with the screw properly and use the advantage of megasquirt over the powercards... I never dyno'd my car with the powercards but I can tell you the power gains with megasquirt were not huge (so I think I was over 200 on powercards) but the driveability and smoothness of the tune was huge (in and out of boost, coasting to stop signs etc). If I can help at all don't be afraid to ask. I also have a build thread on here somewhere documenting all of the steps I took. Dyno below.
Wow, thanks a ton. I do have to thank you and everyone else for being so helpful (and, admittedly, patient.) I'll be picking your brain in the coming months. I have some more work to do before I even think about installing the SC. I'm just glad to know that I own the kit. I'd love to read your build thread sometime. I'll have to look for it.
weinerdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 01:43 PM   #26
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 66
Total Cats: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by weinerdog View Post
Wow, thanks a ton. I do have to thank you and everyone else for being so helpful (and, admittedly, patient.) I'll be picking your brain in the coming months. I have some more work to do before I even think about installing the SC. I'm just glad to know that I own the kit. I'd love to read your build thread sometime. I'll have to look for it.
I suppose I should have included a link.... Here it is
The Gleas is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
aftermarket part out! e85 pump, pnp aem, Autometer! Hot_Wheels Miata parts for sale/trade 11 02-08-2016 07:08 PM
Grif's wannabe racecar turning wannabe outlaw roadster build thread Grifbatenhorst Build Threads 10 01-19-2016 10:06 PM
WTB 1.8 turbo parts and drivers side fender kyletschirhart WTB 5 01-15-2016 02:53 PM
Help with my noise rear 90 Turbo Suspension, Brakes, Drivetrain 5 01-14-2016 09:49 PM
Parting NB1 & NB2 miatanutz Miata parts for sale/trade 2 01-13-2016 12:09 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:31 AM.