Suspension, Brakes, Drivetrain discuss the wondrous effects of boost and your miata...
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fortune Auto Coilovers

 
Old 01-28-2019, 01:05 PM
  #21  
Elite Member
iTrader: (3)
 
concealer404's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,188
Total Cats: 1,582
Default

It like it. It really grips the suspensioning road and moistens my movements. The car handles like it's on rails, really grounded to the ground.

It was cheap too. Only about $1600.

The Xidas i'm not sure. Might want to check 949Racing (I mean SuperMiata, don't ground me, Dad!) and see what Emilio is selling them for.
concealer404 is online now  
Old 01-28-2019, 01:11 PM
  #22  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Aliso Viejo, CA
Posts: 1,087
Total Cats: 367
Default

doward is offline  
Old 01-28-2019, 01:17 PM
  #23  
Newb
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: California
Posts: 24
Total Cats: -24
Default

Originally Posted by concealer404 View Post
It like it. It really grips the suspensioning road and moistens my movements. The car handles like it's on rails, really grounded to the ground.

It was cheap too. Only about $1600.

The Xidas i'm not sure. Might want to check 949Racing (I mean SuperMiata, don't ground me, Dad!) and see what Emilio is selling them for.
Okay, cool not too bad then for a good quality suspension setup. I will definitely have to check it out. Which one would you prefer Xidas or the custom Bilsteins?

Originally Posted by doward View Post
Thank you!
DroolMonkey is offline  
Old 01-28-2019, 01:21 PM
  #24  
Elite Member
iTrader: (3)
 
concealer404's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,188
Total Cats: 1,582
Default

Originally Posted by DroolMonkey View Post
Okay, cool not too bad then for a good quality suspension setup. I will definitely have to check it out. Which one would you prefer Xidas or the custom Bilsteins?



Thank you!
I have no preference between the two. The Xidas are easier and weigh 9-10lbs less total. The Bilsteins have a little more travel and i had to to put them together.

Performance wise i cannot tell a difference. Part of that is because they're on two different cars, and part of that is because it would probably take a pro driver to tell the difference anyways, and we're talking about splitting hairs.
concealer404 is online now  
Old 01-28-2019, 01:25 PM
  #25  
Newb
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: California
Posts: 24
Total Cats: -24
Default

Originally Posted by concealer404 View Post
I have no preference between the two. The Xidas are easier and weigh 9-10lbs less total. The Bilsteins have a little more travel and i had to to put them together.

Performance wise i cannot tell a difference. Part of that is because they're on two different cars, and part of that is because it would probably take a pro driver to tell the difference anyways, and we're talking about splitting hairs.
Okay so then for a driver like me it wouldn't matter. Awesome thank you for the help and I was checking out the link doward provided. I think I'm going to go with the Xidas, I am not really good with cutting things up like it shows in the Bilstein thread.
DroolMonkey is offline  
Old 01-28-2019, 02:21 PM
  #26  
mkturbo.com
iTrader: (24)
 
shuiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Charleston SC
Posts: 14,345
Total Cats: 1,319
Default

This is $10k worth of miata coilovers just laying on my garage floor. I think you should go with some MeisterR's, if you want to know why I say that. Just think about what brand suspension you don't see on the ground. And where it might be.
shuiend is offline  
Old 01-28-2019, 03:00 PM
  #27  
Elite Member
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Staunton, Va
Posts: 3,136
Total Cats: 384
Default

oK , Ill admit it, I do not understand the above post. I dont see Miester R's or Bilstiens in the pic. So.....One of each, on each corner? sounds stiff.
ryansmoneypit is offline  
Old 01-28-2019, 03:01 PM
  #28  
Newb
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: California
Posts: 24
Total Cats: -24
Default

Originally Posted by shuiend View Post
This is $10k worth of miata coilovers just laying on my garage floor. I think you should go with some MeisterR's, if you want to know why I say that. Just think about what brand suspension you don't see on the ground. And where it might be.
Not familiar with those coilovers, so I have no idea what they are.
DroolMonkey is offline  
Old 01-28-2019, 03:53 PM
  #29  
Senior Member
 
matrussell122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,207
Total Cats: 182
Default

Originally Posted by shuiend View Post
This is $10k worth of miata coilovers just laying on my garage floor. I think you should go with some MeisterR's, if you want to know why I say that. Just think about what brand suspension you don't see on the ground. And where it might be.
So i dont know maybe if you wanted to sell those xida's or feals i bet people would buy them. especially the xida actives.
matrussell122 is online now  
Old 01-28-2019, 04:26 PM
  #30  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 247
Total Cats: 19
Default

I'm going off a limb as to why you don't see the Meister R's is because Shuiend (and others) considers them not worth the money to even buy.
skylinecalvin is offline  
Old 02-01-2019, 09:10 AM
  #31  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 67
Total Cats: 1
Default

I'll take 'In the garbage' for 400
KevinK121 is offline  
Old 02-01-2019, 03:49 PM
  #32  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 240
Total Cats: 4
Default

Originally Posted by KevinK121 View Post
Fortune Auto makes pretty good stuff for being the generic china garbage most forum folks have dubbed them.

It'll be cheaper for you take them off, send them to Fortune Auto and have them resprung and revalved to what you actually want.

Send them an email explaining your situation and theyll help you through the whole process, including figuring out what spring rates will meet your current needs. I've dealt with them a few times and have had their products on multiple cars. Really great company to work with.
That's what I keep hearing, but not the first time I've also heard about the **** ride quality. My friend had a custom valved setup on his s2000 and it rode like ****, and got upset on imperfections no matter the setting. Heard about others having issues, not sure the deal, maybe valving? Install? Xidas and Ohlins on other Miatas that I've been in rode much better.
Slider is offline  
Old 02-01-2019, 04:02 PM
  #33  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 67
Total Cats: 1
Default

Xidas and Ohlins are twice the price or more. I've never ridden in a miata with either setup but my car with Fortune Auto suspension feels great during DD trips, especially considering some of the things it sees on the way to work or around the city in a North/Midwestern location. Thats being set up with something like 680/400 springs. On track, I have no complaints at all. Other than I wish I had maybe gone a little stiffer all around.

I may not have ridden in any miatas with the fancy coilovers but I've ridden in loads of cars with **** coilovers. Megan, Buddy club, raceland etc. This is significantly better than those and on a more aggressive setup for the vehicle as well.

I bought the FA's knowing I was getting into what I feel is the best of the middle ground coilover territory. If this guy sends his in for a refresh/revalve I feel like he'll be coming out of it a lot better than he might, for the money spent anyhow.
KevinK121 is offline  
Reply
Leave a poscat -1 Leave a negcat
Old 02-01-2019, 04:09 PM
  #34  
Elite Member
iTrader: (3)
 
concealer404's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,188
Total Cats: 1,582
Default

FAs are more than half the price of Xidas lol.

And if you can afford FAs, you can afford something better. Just save longer. Pretty easy.

McDonald's vs steak.

Either way, sure after a few hundred they might get better.
concealer404 is online now  
Old 02-01-2019, 04:24 PM
  #35  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 67
Total Cats: 1
Default

With NB mounts the Xidas retail at ~$2000.

Just about any retailer of FA is willing to let a set go for ~$1000.

So.... in any case nearly double. Unless you know of somewhere thats willing to give special pricing on Xidas. I certainly dont. I doubt OP does either.

And regardless, my point stands.

More importantly, this thread is in reference to helping with the OP's question. Not a dick measuring contest as to how much different people want to spend on their suspension. OP likely doesnt need/want to spend that much, has a decent platform of suspension and can solve his problem getting them revalved and refreshed.

IMO that's his best option and it's intended to be communicated as my opinion.
KevinK121 is offline  
Reply
Leave a poscat -2 Leave a negcat
Old 02-02-2019, 12:32 PM
  #36  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 78
Total Cats: 2
Default

https://supermiata.com/Xida-GS-Coilover-Miata-MX5.aspx

$1759.00 with new NB mounts. Around $2000? No. $241 less than $2000.00
arbinshire is offline  
Old 02-02-2019, 12:53 PM
  #37  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 67
Total Cats: 1
Default

I was looking at these when I made my comment.

https://supermiata.com/xida-coilover-miata.aspx

But if thats all you could take away from my post for the sake of argument...
KevinK121 is offline  
Reply
Leave a poscat -1 Leave a negcat
Old 02-02-2019, 01:46 PM
  #38  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 78
Total Cats: 2
Default

Originally Posted by KevinK121 View Post
But if thats all you could take away from my post for the sake of argument...
No. Correcting your facts. You're free to believe as you will, but don't support your argument with inaccuracies.
arbinshire is offline  
Old 02-02-2019, 01:57 PM
  #39  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 67
Total Cats: 1
Default

Inaccuracies? As I said, I was looking at a different set lol but ok guy.
KevinK121 is offline  
Old 02-02-2019, 02:02 PM
  #40  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 78
Total Cats: 2
Default

Originally Posted by KevinK121 View Post
Inaccuracies? As I said, I was looking at a different set lol but ok guy.
Great. Glad that we agree you didn't look at everything and posted your response without knowing all the facts.
arbinshire is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fortune Auto Coilovers


Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.