what diffs were available in 95 / torsen swap - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Suspension, Brakes, Drivetrain discuss the wondrous effects of boost and your miata...

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-30-2009, 09:54 AM   #1
Junior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Gresham/ Corvallis, OR
Posts: 58
Total Cats: 0
Default what diffs were available in 95 / torsen swap

I know I've read it before and I tried searching all over here and other forums, but couldn't find what I was looking for. Im pretty sure only open and torsens were available in 95, but just tryin to double check.

I was planning on buying a what was described as a "limited slip out of a 95". I know its 7" rear and it has the driveshaft damper, and that it is 4.1. Now, I just wanted to confirm that only torsens lsd's were available after 94 (no VLSD)?

Secondly, Im still waiting to hear from the seller if it used 1 piece or 2 piece axles since I know they switched to 1 piece in March 95. However, if it is 2 piece will a 1.8l open driveshaft and axles work from a 94 with a 95 pumkin?

Thanks
Patiofurnituregt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 10:09 AM   #2
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

You suck at searching, seriously...you're a ******* retard. You're probably going to die a virgin too.



Miata Garage Engine and Drivetrain
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 10:16 AM   #3
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Trenton, NJ
Posts: 1,125
Total Cats: 0
Default

He has a supercharger.
ArtieParty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 10:24 AM   #4
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtieParty View Post
He has a supercharger.
"Hey everybody, I scoured the internet for the most rudimentary Miata information that arbitrates fail/win status, searched in every forum, even different search engines and somehow skipped over the 2nd link on good when you search "miata differential." It also comes up immediately for "miata lsd" and "charge me up.""
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 10:30 AM   #5
Ben
Supporting Vendor
iTrader: (33)
 
Ben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: atlanta-ish
Posts: 12,689
Total Cats: 99
Default

192 whp from an M45 @ 5psi?
Was that with a 50-shot?
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 10:35 AM   #6
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
192 whp from an M45 @ 5psi?
Was that with a 50-shot?
Nah, with the FM dyno.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 10:50 AM   #7
Junior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Gresham/ Corvallis, OR
Posts: 58
Total Cats: 0
Default

Ah..Hustler, I wouldnt have expected any less from one of the biggest E-thugs. (had it been someone more reputable like Sav. then maybe I would have been offended LOL)

I didnt search m.net (not a member) I had already gone through most of that stuff though but did manage to find the open diff to torsen answer. So, I guess thanks to that

I was looking particularly for a post that had diffs that were available year by year. Im pretty sure that I'm right about the other fact, so that will suffice.

Yea, superchargers are pretty lame ***, so is MS .
Patiofurnituregt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 11:00 AM   #8
Junior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Gresham/ Corvallis, OR
Posts: 58
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
192 whp from an M45 @ 5psi?
Was that with a 50-shot?

ah no, AEM EMS w/ map sensor, TB relocation, 100%meth, and tuned on a dyno dynamics dynamometer.


Hustler, do you just hate all the time to compensate for your keyboard racing? last I heard you kept coming up with reasons why you couldn't go race your car yet, and how you were so worried it would break down on the side of the road, and on and on

I simply tried searching for some info on torsens and after an hour I said **** it someone will probably knows it off the top of their head...but you had to be a dick about it.
Patiofurnituregt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 11:06 AM   #9
Elite Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bloomfield, Michigan
Posts: 5,682
Total Cats: 10
Default

Quote:
Hustler, do you just hate all the time to compensate for your keyboard racing? last I heard you kept coming up with reasons why you couldn't go race your car yet, and how you were so worried it would break down on the side of the road, and on and on
Oh ****, that to me says Hustlers youz a bitch and so is your car.
Round 1, start.
buffon01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 11:07 AM   #10
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patiofurnituregt View Post
I didnt search m.net (not a member) I had already gone through most of that stuff though but did manage to find the open diff to torsen answer. So, I guess thanks to that

I was looking particularly for a post that had diffs that were available year by year. Im pretty sure that I'm right about the other fact, so that will suffice.

Yea, superchargers are pretty lame ***, so is MS .
You could have obtained this information with google. We're not here to serve you, and I still gave you the information because you're a god damned invalid so shut the **** up with your bitching or nice people like me won't help you out because you're an ungrateful bitch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patiofurnituregt View Post
ah no, AEM EMS w/ map sensor, TB relocation, 100%meth, and tuned on a dyno dynamics dynamometer.
This would be the strongest SC I've seen in my life then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patiofurnituregt View Post
Hustler, do you just hate all the time to compensate for your keyboard racing? last I heard you kept coming up with reasons why you couldn't go race your car yet, and how you were so worried it would break down on the side of the road, and on and on
Nope, I've been running the car and skullfucking low-hanging fruit like yourself for the last few months.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patiofurnituregt View Post
I simply tried searching for some info on torsens and after an hour I said **** it someone will probably knows it off the top of their head...but you had to be a dick about it.
I still provided the information, not on a silver platter, but gave you what you asked for. Is it tough to go through life with the entitlement horse-****? It must be tough to go on when someone talks-**** to you on the internet and you get too offended to go on. Awww, poor little guy.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 11:17 AM   #11
Junior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Gresham/ Corvallis, OR
Posts: 58
Total Cats: 0
Default

And I did give you thanks, however, not on a silver platter. There was just no reason to be a dick about it. I searched the forums, not google because it made the most sense to search the forums first.

And you did comment on my dyno graphs when I originally posted them, and talked **** then too. Until Sav. mushroom slapped some sense into you and realize that I was running an m45.
Patiofurnituregt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 11:24 AM   #12
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patiofurnituregt View Post
And I did give you thanks, however, not on a silver platter. There was just no reason to be a dick about it. I searched the forums, not google because it made the most sense to search the forums first.

And you did comment on my dyno graphs when I originally posted them, and talked **** then too. Until Sav. mushroom slapped some sense into you and realize that I was running an m45.
I do not see, "thanks be unto my Lordship Hustlatron." Maybe you should start using google next time you have simple questions like "what diffs were available in a miata," "how do I get mommy to milk my prostate," or "what is a clitoris"?
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 11:28 AM   #13
Ben
Supporting Vendor
iTrader: (33)
 
Ben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: atlanta-ish
Posts: 12,689
Total Cats: 99
Default

Best torsen info site is the Randy Stocker/FM culmination found at solomiata.com .

It's awesome that you have a kick *** standalone and actually tuned it on a load dyno, but I think you need to go to a different dyno for power comparisons. A strong set up with your mods should result in 140-150 whp, and that's still being plenty generous to account for a load-tuned standalone.
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 11:30 AM   #14
Junior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Gresham/ Corvallis, OR
Posts: 58
Total Cats: 0
Default

google searched: " How did huster get so much 60 grit sand in his vagina".....Wow, your right, it works ****** awesome, thanks lordship of hustla-douche!!!!!
Patiofurnituregt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 11:37 AM   #15
Junior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Gresham/ Corvallis, OR
Posts: 58
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
Best torsen info site is the Randy Stocker/FM culmination found at solomiata.com .

It's awesome that you have a kick *** standalone and actually tuned it on a load dyno, but I think you need to go to a different dyno for power comparisons. A strong set up with your mods should result in 140-150 whp, and that's still being plenty generous to account for a load-tuned standalone.
Thanks, I do already have that bookmarked. Lots of great info but couldn't find exactly what I was looking for.

I know that dyno dynamics usually reads lower than dyno jets, but have yet to go to another dyno. I understand what your saying though, I just get all my parts and do all my business at with this shop.
Patiofurnituregt is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1994 Spec Miata Race Car SM/SM2/SSM For Sale Quinn Cars for sale/trade 6 10-23-2016 08:58 AM
Noob to Miataturbo from MA JxPhan Meet and Greet 3 10-02-2015 03:17 AM
Low oil pressure after 1.8 swap and new turbo setup JesseTheNoob DIY Turbo Discussion 15 09-30-2015 03:44 PM
VR6 to Miata Swap ScrapinMX5 Meet and Greet 8 09-28-2015 02:04 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:26 AM.