Wtb: Turbo setup/build, roll bar, lightly used clutch - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


WTB Wanted to buy ads. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. forum cannot be held responsible for the outcome of any transactions.

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-23-2012, 10:56 PM   #1
Junior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 72
Total Cats: 1
Default Wtb: Turbo setup/build, roll bar, lightly used clutch

Close this please.

Last edited by tootrue23; 04-06-2012 at 11:56 PM.
tootrue23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 02:30 AM   #2
Junior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 72
Total Cats: 1
Default

Bump!

Picked up a hard dog sport double diagonal roll bar today.
tootrue23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:11 AM   #3
Elite Member
iTrader: (10)
 
IcantDo55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: VA Beach
Posts: 1,764
Total Cats: 18
Default

Got a F1 Stage 3 Ebay clutch and PP with maybe 2K on it for a 1.6
$100
IcantDo55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:12 AM   #4
Cpt. Slow
iTrader: (25)
 
curly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Oregon City, OR
Posts: 12,107
Total Cats: 518
Default

No 1.6 discrimination here, just put $800 into a Artech setup myself.

How cheap is cheap? I'm assuming since your not asking us about eBay setups you know not to go down that road, but are we talking a $500 used setup or $1000?
curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:49 AM   #5
Junior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 72
Total Cats: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcantDo55 View Post
Got a F1 Stage 3 Ebay clutch and PP with maybe 2K on it for a 1.6
$100
I'll do a little more research on it, but I hardly think I need a stage 3 nor will I enjoy driving my DD with a stage 3 clutch (only thinking about pushing 200, 220 whp at the most)

Quote:
Originally Posted by curly View Post
No 1.6 discrimination here, just put $800 into a Artech setup myself.

How cheap is cheap? I'm assuming since your not asking us about eBay setups you know not to go down that road, but are we talking a $500 used setup or $1000?
I'm looking for a cheap(er) used setups. There's nothing wrong with eBay, it's only the eBay branded stuff you'd have to look out for (such as the F1 Racing clutch).

I'm looking to spend around 1000$ (+/-) for everything in the list. I already have a turbo and a BOV, so that's why I think that's not a bad budget for someone who's only planning to run lowish boost and not religiously track the car.

^ Well, the MS is going to be the biggest and most expensive component of the setup... So I guess depending on how much I can pick that up for (looking to see if I can find someone upgrading to MS3 and buy a used MS2 for cheap).

Any advice?
tootrue23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:59 AM   #6
Slowest Progress Ever
iTrader: (26)
 
thirdgen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The coal ridden hills of Pennsylvania
Posts: 5,806
Total Cats: 183
Default

Get a FM manifold and Fm DP. I will sell you my SR20 turbo and my FM turbine outlet. The wastegate is adjustable and set for 7psi. The turbo will be fine at 15psi. You need this shiz.
thirdgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:01 AM   #7
Cpt. Slow
iTrader: (25)
 
curly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Oregon City, OR
Posts: 12,107
Total Cats: 518
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootrue23 View Post
I'm looking for a cheap(er) used setups. There's nothing wrong with eBay, it's only the eBay branded stuff you'd have to look out for (such as the F1 Racing clutch).
I'm speaking mostly of ebay manifolds and downpipes. There's a huge problem with them. They'll crack within weeks, if you're lucky.

$200 or $300 added to your budget would be perfect.

$710 artech ----
$300 used MS
$50 used 440s
low PSI you should be using an internal wastegate, do you not have one on your turbo?
That's $1060, and like I said an extra $200-300 would get you your intercooler and clutch if you shop used.

Seems like a lot of the crappy ebay/cracked units are the ones in the classifieds, people like hanging on to the good stuff.
curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:39 AM   #8
Elite Member
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Fraser Valley, British Columbia
Posts: 2,502
Total Cats: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdgen View Post
Get a FM manifold and Fm DP. I will sell you my SR20 turbo and my FM turbine outlet. The wastegate is adjustable and set for 7psi. The turbo will be fine at 15psi. You need this shiz.
How mucho for that SR20 turbo? PM me
falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:49 PM   #9
Junior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 72
Total Cats: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by curly View Post
I'm speaking mostly of ebay manifolds and downpipes. There's a huge problem with them. They'll crack within weeks, if you're lucky.

$200 or $300 added to your budget would be perfect.

$710 artech ----
$300 used MS
$50 used 440s
low PSI you should be using an internal wastegate, do you not have one on your turbo?
That's $1060, and like I said an extra $200-300 would get you your intercooler and clutch if you shop used.

Seems like a lot of the crappy ebay/cracked units are the ones in the classifieds, people like hanging on to the good stuff.
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. $300 for a used MS seems awfully low, unless I'm hawking these forums everyday. I can't find one that doesn't sell within days for even 400$.

Not too sure about the turbo, nor am I sure about anything regarding turbo setups. Like I said I'm new to the turbo scene, and the car scene in general.

Appreciate the bumps and advice.
tootrue23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:11 PM   #10
Junior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 72
Total Cats: 1
Default

Bump to the very top once again.

Got injectors, MS2, Rollbar and pending sale on a DP.
tootrue23 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Another Cast Manifold Corky Bell Prefabbed Turbo Kits 18 11-22-2016 10:01 PM
3rd Time's a Charm...hopefully. zephyrusaurai Meet and Greet 2 09-28-2015 11:59 PM
Another Alternator thread ihiryu General Miata Chat 9 09-28-2015 11:22 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:38 PM.