Well finally getting around to writing up something of a Build thread for this car.
I'm missing a lot of stuff but this is just so I can keep track.
This is 1.6 that i had intentions on autox'ing but im not sure about its future anymore
Mods to date
wilwood 4 piston up front and hawk pads on the back
RS*R Race springs (can't remember the spring rate, but they're stiff as ****)
Tokico blue dampers
Eibach 24mm fron sway bar (solid)
Suspension Techniques rear sway (solid)
Tanabe Strut bar (front)
Enkei RPF1 15x7 / work cr01 15x9/9.5
Wheel Spacers (can't remember what size or who made them)
AK Fast back, Wide body, Shorty console, hood
rennenmetal Spec Miata hardtop brackets
Momo Hub, Random Crappy JDM Wheel
Engine and stuff.
GReddy turbo kit with vibrant front-mount intercooler and custom plumbing
HKS SSQV bov
DIY 3" exhaust & downpipe with A'PEXi N1 turbo muffler
CenterForce dual friction clutch kit
Aeromotive fpr (not installed yet)
Rev built ms3 (not installed yet)
AEM Uego wideband
AEM oil pressure
AEM Coolant gauge
defi boost gauge and control unit
M-tuned coolant reroute
and here we go...
Picked it up a couple years with a blown motor that was taken out and no idea what i was getting into.
Since I hadn't had experience on building a car or anything like the car just sat while I built motivation to do something with it.
So one day a beat up Miata came along at a salvage auction with another 1.6
which was motivation enough to start dicking around with it
I didn't have an engine crane at the time so we just used what we had, lol.
Since I had it I figured might as well do a few things.
So I took the power steering pump and brackets off.
Took the clutch off to take a look at it
Which didn't look that great.
So I replaced that clutch with a
-fidanza lightweight flywheel
-center force pressure plate
After that i threw on the td04 turbo/etd shorty manifold that came with the car.
time to stuff it in..
Now it was time to throw on the turbo and the IC piping that was custom made by some exhaust shop from the previous owner, very inefficient
Tied up little odds and ends's added cold wrap on the coldside and mounted Tanabe strut tower brace.
picked up a mishimoto aluminum rad
Threw that on as a test fit.
made my first (probably last) downpipe
Made sure that it fit on the car and moved on
Picked up a perrin foam filter but needed and adapter plate to fit on the MAF so quickly made one with 3inch exhaust pipe hah.
Hurray, valve cover was pissing out oil like crazy so had to replace that
Checked the plugs and they were disgusting so I changed those too and added MSD 8.5 high conductance wires
Also went with a bit colder plugs
Poorly polished the valve cover poorly and cut the timing belt cover off
yada yada this is how it sat in 2012
also dyno'd it at some point.
made 227.23/179 @11psi ish (no tune) (yes i was an idiot)
since then i've pulled the motor and did a few seals then popped it back in.
but i will update a bit later.