93' Miata stolen and flipped build thread - Page 219 - Miata Turbo Forum -Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Build Threads Building a motor? Post the progress here.

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-04-2016, 07:54 PM   #4361
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 179
Total Cats: 10
Default

Jeff,

I'm not going to be doing quite as an expansive rebuild as you are, but this question goes for anyone who can answer I guess. How does one find the little nuts, bolts, etc that may go missing or for some circumstance need to be replaced. Are there nut and bolt packs for cars that we can buy?
Philly Miata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 08:18 PM   #4362
Elite Member
 
codrus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Posts: 3,024
Total Cats: 222
Default

Mazda will sell you every single nut and bolt that goes on a stock Miata. You'll pay through the nose for it, but they have them.

--Ian
codrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 10:17 PM   #4363
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 33,437
Total Cats: 2,038
Default

I've literally a bucket of miata fasteners/bolts/etc. too bad you're far away
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 10:19 PM   #4364
SadFab Sales Lady
iTrader: (5)
 
aidandj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Beaverton, USA
Posts: 15,237
Total Cats: 978
Default

Didn't we already have the "no bumping jeffs thread if you arent jeff" discussion.

Please leave if your name isn't Jeff.
aidandj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 10:57 PM   #4365
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 179
Total Cats: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by codrus View Post
Mazda will sell you every single nut and bolt that goes on a stock Miata. You'll pay through the nose for it, but they have them.

--Ian
No bumperino. But yeah I looked through some Miata sites and they are indeed through the nose. I wish there were lists of specs for them so I could at least get some from a cheaper source if needed. Obviously, special ones shouldn't be substituted.
Philly Miata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 01:43 PM   #4366
Elite Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Granbury, TX
Posts: 5,821
Total Cats: 555
Default

Some of the Miata-specific junkyards will sell used OEM "bags of bolts" from Miatas. One in the PHX area comes to mind. Look on E-bay.
hornetball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 02:49 PM   #4367
SadFab Sales Lady
iTrader: (5)
 
aidandj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Beaverton, USA
Posts: 15,237
Total Cats: 978
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly Miata View Post
No bumperino. But yeah I looked through some Miata sites and they are indeed through the nose. I wish there were lists of specs for them so I could at least get some from a cheaper source if needed. Obviously, special ones shouldn't be substituted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hornetball View Post
Some of the Miata-specific junkyards will sell used OEM "bags of bolts" from Miatas. One in the PHX area comes to mind. Look on E-bay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aidandj View Post
Didn't we already have the "no bumping jeffs thread if you arent jeff" discussion.

Please leave if your name isn't Jeff.
plz
aidandj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 03:11 PM   #4368
Elite Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Granbury, TX
Posts: 5,821
Total Cats: 555
Default

Aidan, my friend, you must move on:

Attached Thumbnails
93' Miata stolen and flipped build thread-the_five_stages_of_grief_by_filthyphantom-d68b7em-1.jpg  
hornetball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 05:04 AM   #4369
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: vancouver, bc
Posts: 82
Total Cats: 3
Default

Hope you get it running soon and no more engine issues.

I'm recently going through the same thing.. Second rebuild and hopefully the last one for a while
rikaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 11:42 AM   #4370
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 47
Total Cats: 1
Default

Jeff may have run into a bit of an issue personally - Breaking bread in Cedar City | SUU News

Cannot believe he'd have let that bakery run down to that extent given his attention to detail in this thread but assume he just lost his energy in life. Saddened. Hope he is ok.
miataki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 01:57 PM   #4371
I take big bites
iTrader: (1)
 
turbofan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 6,084
Total Cats: 424
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miataki View Post
Jeff may have run into a bit of an issue personally - Breaking bread in Cedar City SUU News

Cannot believe he'd have let that bakery run down to that extent given his attention to detail in this thread but assume he just lost his energy in life. Saddened. Hope he is ok.
There were some extenuating circumstances that forced him to shut down. Shitty stuff.

​​​​
turbofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 10:29 PM   #4372
Hug Life
iTrader: (3)
 
Monk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Huntington, Indiana
Posts: 2,459
Total Cats: 359
Default

All I took from that is that I want one of the old recipe sugar cookies.
Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 10:44 PM   #4373
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 33,437
Total Cats: 2,038
Default

Aww man I really hope he's ok :(
Hopefully on to bigger and better things
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 10:40 AM   #4374
Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Utah
Posts: 27
Total Cats: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18psi View Post
Aww man I really hope he's ok :(
Hopefully on to bigger and better things
Jeff's ok--perhaps reeling a bit from it all. But he's fine [source: Brother who loves him, his build, and things to come] The Miata slumbers in a garage.
eduTechnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 11:32 AM   #4375
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 33,437
Total Cats: 2,038
Default

Great, thanks for the update.
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 01:03 PM   #4376
Destroyer of Inconel
iTrader: (37)
 
EO2K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: In ur driveway, abusin' ur WPA
Posts: 8,895
Total Cats: 775
Default

Seriously.

He went super dark on FB there for a while too, maybe I should post pics of my engine bay and see if I can get him to come out of hiding and yell at me to clean it
EO2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 01:38 PM   #4377
mkturbo.com
iTrader: (24)
 
shuiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Charleston SC
Posts: 12,411
Total Cats: 778
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EO2K View Post
Seriously.

He went super dark on FB there for a while too, maybe I should post pics of my engine bay and see if I can get him to come out of hiding and yell at me to clean it
​​​​​​​Go back and find some pictures of his nice clean engine bay, then photoshop dirt onto them. Then post them. That will get him out of hiding.
shuiend is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
elesjuan's mediocre 95 Miata adventure (google fiber edition) elesjuan Build Threads 8 02-16-2016 09:36 PM
Project DDoS: '99 "Budget" boost build ProjectDDoS Build Threads 1 09-09-2015 02:52 PM
Drummersrs old Miata, new to me foshizzle Meet and Greet 9 09-08-2015 01:26 PM
Noob here, turbo NC project starts now. turboLuigi Meet and Greet 2 09-04-2015 02:29 PM


Tags
anti-rattle mafia, circle jerk, don't touch the girls, epic ocd, gayle, i see a dust speck, let's clean this too, massive erection, old becomes new, putty in our hands, resistance is futile, shock brace doesn't match, so fresh n so clean, tucked in waistline, want to touch the hiney, we spend jeff's money, whale with herpes

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:34 AM.