After putting about 1500 miles on the car I decided to check the general health of the motor. I have not exactly been easy on the poor thing and it was not built by an engine builder (because I built it on my kitchen table!).
I ran a compression test and I couldn't be happier.
Cylinder: (1) = 150.00 (2) = 149.5 (3) = 150.5 (4) = 150.5
I gave myself a pat on the back. I'm glad my cocky attitude about not paying anyone to do something that I can teach myself how to do, paid off.
Now to finishing that EGT Pyrometer installation. I picked this location for a number of reasons- because it was accessible with the header installed, it was easy to check for leaks, it was free from interfering with other items in the engine bay and it's about the perfect distance from the exhaust outlet.
I did my usual, sleeving and heat shrink overkill deal. The wire supplied with the kit starts out with this braided wire for heat and then turns into this god awful YELLOW! So I covered it and ran it into the cab along with the methanol feed line.
Came out clean if you ask me...
Then as a lastish step before getting into some serious tuning I needed to install and wire up my intake air temp sensor. I ordered the GM open element sensor from DIYAUTOTUNE. Found HERE
I wanted it to be near the throttle body for accuracy but not after the Meth because I'm not sure how long that would last and it might cause false low temp signals.
So I picked here. It's maybe 14 inches from the TB and after the intercooler.
Welding the bung on started with removing the powder coating.
I clamped it in place and tacked it to make sure everything was where I wanted it to be.
Everything looked good so I finished up the weld and spayed it with some durable flat black paint.