Been slacking on posting updates. Kind of feel like things are just moving so slow and not much is happening but I'm just picking away at it slowly for a couple hours after work. And then when I actually do something I get home way too late to post up an update lol. Also you guys still only get potato pics from my Galaxy S5
Finally got the engine in
Mounted up the manifold and turbo. Having some issues with a couple of the new studs from the dealership so I'm going to retap a couple of the holes for the manifold studs. Minor detail
Started mounting my catch cans while a couple friends were super productive and mounted my wastegate and dump tube
First catch can is right behind the driver's side headlight. I was originally going to mount them both beside each other on the firewall but didn't want all the lines running all the way across the engine bay. I could still change my mind about this but I'll see once I get into running the lines. Don't have a decent pic of the one on the firewall.
Next up was mounting the trans. Got the adapter plate bolted on, followed by the oem flywheel and Clutchnet 6 puck disk and 550ft/lb pressure plate. Of course clutchnet didn't include a clutch alignment tool so we had to use a universal tool which is kind of ****. Oh well, trans made it in the car so it works out.
Mounted the clutch slave and ran into another problem. The clearance for the clutch line off the slave to the chassis is super tight so my original SS line won't work. Going to need to get something made with a tight 90* or 180* fitting to clear probably.
Next up was figuring out my sweet lower rad hose lol. Didn't feel like ordering the FM piece and thought I'd do something similar to last time where I just took some general measurements and went to the parts store to see if I could find something that fit. This time they let me go in the back and look at the inventory to see if I could find something that'd work. Was about to give up when I found this hose that is pretty much perfect. Cut off the section I wasn't going to use and was left with this
Here's the part number that was on that hose for anyone that might want to try this out. It was around $25-30 for the hose
Here's pretty much how it sits now, you can kind of see the firewall catch can in this pic too. Mounted my alternator and swaybar tonight, once I pick up my oil cooler from Fab9 we can start fabbing up intercooler piping
To keep myself motivated and actually making progress did the usual to-do list on a piece of cardboard. Hopefully some things will start getting crossed off