well so here's some back story about getting this car. some may not care but maybe it will shed some light on why i got this car.
I've always been a fan of miata's and have wanted one since i was younger, even though i was fully aware of the flack i would get for owning one. Before i got this i have an extensive list (26 in total) of just random 300-1000 dollar cars ranging from a 1976 Honda Civic CVCC, to a turbo 300zx, to even a Subaru RX. I have a strange sense of style/what i think is neat. but after 3 years of just going through those cars, i decided i wanted something nice.
So i drove around some dealerships to see what they had to offer, i had gone to 5 or 6 different dealerships and didn't see anything i liked. But on my way home i drove past a whole in the wall dealership and something caught my eye. so i instantly flip a bitch and go and check it out.
it was a '99 with 101k on it, it had its downs that i still need to address, but it was a good starting point and just what i was looking for. Reliable, fuel efficient, and modable.
so after a few days of trying to find a cosigner one of my buddies actually helped me out and cosigned and got everything approved and that day she was mine.
First day i got it:
i the next few days were spent cleaning her up and getting the stupid white pin stripes off.
looks alot cleaner to me.
in the next few weeks i had lowered it on DNAmotoring coilover sleeves (worse idea ever) and painted the wheels to match the stripes.
ended up ditching those springs and going with some 8k/9k springs off of ksport coilovers that my room mate had laying around and this is how she sits now:
only recent things i have done have been tucking the drivers side harness and general maintenance seeing as i have been lacking the funds to do anything cool to it :(
but here's the tuck it was kind of a pain in the ***.
ended up having to depin the diagnostic connector along with depinning and extending the headlight connecter about 4 inches. (didnt need to extend it that long just wanted to be safe.
getting the harness through when it was 25 degrees was a challenge but it all worked
and finished product:
sorry for the novel just figured i'd catch you guys up on the progress!
hopefully alot more will be coming soon since i'll be getting more hours at work!