Soooo while I was waiting for parts to show up I decided to take a little (40 mile) walk near Santa Fe:
Oh New Mexico...
Once my walkabout was done I got back to the car.
I'm really not sure how effective this will be but I figured I'd give it a try. The elbow is tacked in 4 spots then the gaps are filled with aluminum tape.
The 90 degree fittings give plenty of clearance from the bottom of the bumper; apparently I didn't get a shot with the bumper on hmmmm.
I used some flexible spa hose stuff to make a ducting of sorts to get the oil lines into the engine bay. Its working out great:
The intake plumbs into this box that I made out of scraps of sheet metal... This is all temporary as the turbo will be going in within a month or so. I also cut some corners and just tacked the intake together and finished it with aluminum tape. Seems to be just fine.
The overall results with the new oil cooler and air box have been reallllly good. I still don't have an oil temp gauge, but with the addition of the cooler and switching to rotella t6, my oil pressure has almost doubled under heavy loads... Makes me wish I had done this sooner...
The intake box seems to be really effective as well. I let everything heatsoak while standing still to a good 120F and within a mile of my house my MAT's were already at ambient.
Now I just need injectors and a fuel pump; then I really won't have any excuses not to bolt the turbo on...