my buddy said that you all would like to see my fast piece of **** im building. heres a copy and paste of my build thread from ----------------------
so i picked up this ford courier a few moths back with the dream of decent handling, solid braking, and 500whp.
what im going to be using:
Kia/mazda FE3N possibly gasket matched ports but thats about it
Holeset HX35 with BEP T3 housing
Tial MVS 38mm external waste gate
Mazda B2600 trans- possibly with the RX7 TII gears inside
99 Ford Explorer 8.8 3.73 lsd 31 spline with disc brakes
custom drive shaft
i havent decided on what clutch im going to run yet, i loved my spec so i might go that route
triangulated 4 link with coil overs mounted as far out as possible
full mustang 2 front end narrowed 5"
front Ford Granada 11" rotors with metric GM calipers and pads(standard Mustang II "big brake" set up)
stock ford explorer rear discs, calipers, and e brake
there is a lot i have to get into place before i can even get the engine/trans mounted
first i had to weld in some temporary cross members to keep the frame straight. then i got to remove the stock garbage. 6 hrs, one plasma cutter tip, 4 cut off wheels, and 2 full grinding wheels later the frame rails were all pretty
[img width=600 height=600]http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj146/aintnobitch/courier/stock%20front%20end.jpg
[img width=600 height=600]http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj146/aintnobitch/courier/stock%20front%20end%20removed.jpg
using this awesome thread How to Mustang II, Deux! The H.A.M.B.
i was able to figure out i needed my cross member to be narrowed 5" to set the proper track width.
i drew up my measurements on a piece of 10ga plate and got cutting
i bolted the 2 plates together, leveled my frame,centered them on my lines, leveled the cross member, and weled them up
I made the upper control arm mounts out of 1/4 plate. i used the mustang 2 anti-dive angle instead of making them flat because its a truck and it will be front end heavy.
i centered and bolted the uca mounts to a pair of extra bars i had laying around to make sure they didnt move. i then double checked that the frame was level and centered the uca mounts with a plumb bob. once they were welded into place i boxed them in with 10ga plate and gusseted the over hang and welded in the shock mounts which are also made from 1/4 plate.