08-29-2008, 07:04 PM
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Granbury, TX
Total Cats: 0
Compression Test #'s
Well, It's been almost six months since my miata has ran.. I just havent had time to mess with it lately. Anyways, I took the time today to get it running (320cc injectors on stock ECU, Idled pretty smooth)
I let it warm up and did a compression test to see if i might need to replace rings/rebuild the head before I boost it. I was consistant with the amount of oil i added to each cylinder, but im not sure if the amount i added was enough.
Anyways heres my numbers.
DRY / WET
It's odd that #4 cylinder is so much higher, thats how it was last time I tested it also.
I had oil on my plug threads when i pulled them, but then i noticed i had spilled oil all in the valley of the VC where the spark plug holes are, so maybe thats where it came from.
On another note, I think my igniter may be going bad or something, because when i started it for the first time, the dash took a few seconds to kick on. But the next time i started it, nothing, it was just dead.