*I posted this under a different existing thread, didn't get an answer*
I was having issues with idle being too high (1500-2000 rpm) and could reduce it using the idle screw. I tightened every intecooler clamp..etc, still, issue was present. I had seen other threads suggesting it is the IAC.
So, I took off the Throttle Body/IAC. I used fuel line clamps to block the coolant lines so I don't have to drain all the coolant.
The pictures show what I found, but I have some questions:
1) Is it normal to have oily residue in the intake manifold? If yes, why would it be there? Is there recirculation?
2) Should the throttle plate in the TB have a small gap around the edges? My picture is blurred, but you can see light around the edges? Normal?
3) I found the oily residue also on the rubber tubing connecting the intercooler tube to the TB and in the intercooler tubing... Normal? I have a feeling it is not but I am new to this so I don't know.
4) I tested the resistance on the IAC terminals as the manual suggests and it is 9.6 ohm which is in the range of normal... Is it a sign it's OK or could it still be bad?
5) I don't know what kind of fluid it is on all these parts, but it could be PWS fluid - someone suggested that I have a leak under load from the original build thread I posted (see pictures here: http://www.miataturbo.net/forum/t27300-9/
). Is it possible for that to get though the turbo rubber tubing and into the system or is more likely oil and from where??
I am currently soaking the IAC and TB in throttle body cleaner and I will let them sit there until tomorrow, then put everything back together and give it a try. I was also looking for a new IAC on Craigslist, on the Classified on this forum...etc no luck. So, I called FM and they have two from salvage, but I won't find out about that until Friday probably.
Here are the pictures and please let me know what you think: