10-10-2008, 11:58 PM
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Omaha, NE
Total Cats: 0
So I went to go look at the car today. It was in pretty rough shape. Stein said he paid $600 for a car with a nearly perfect body, this one is more expensive and didn't have a decent panel on it.
- The front bumper had some really deep scratches on it, and the front marker lights were both broken.
- No battery
- Top needs to be replaced
- passenger rear tail light and rear quarter needs to be replaced
- driver side door needs some major repairs; looks like it was bent backwards
- drivers side rear quarter has a pretty big dent in it, looks like a light hit with a pole or something
- paint was crap
- the entire engine bay was covered in some sort of brown powder. Didn't look like dirt but it was definitely only in the engine bay and not in the interior
- there was no brake pedal pressure even though there was plenty of (black) fluid in the reservoir
- looked like it had new injectors with a dark blue color.
- there was also a 1/2 inch gap between the top of the pop-up lights and the hood. It was the same on both lights, so it is possible they could be adjusted, but it surely wasn't how the car came from the factory
the head gasket kit was sitting in the passenger seat
the tires all had even wear, so the alignment looks ok
chrome cam cover bolts!!
It looks like I am going to have to replace just about every panel on the car, have it repainted and replace the top. Not quite the possible quick return on investment I was looking for. Oh yeah, and I don't know if there are any other issues with the drivetrain because it doesn't move... So should I walk or try to cut him down to what it is worth, like maybe $300 and he tows it to my house