How (and why) to Ramble On your domestic shorthair - Page 611 - Miata Turbo Forum -Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Insert BS here A place to discuss anything you want

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-15-2012, 04:47 PM   #12201
Boost Pope
iTrader: (8)
 
Joe Perez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 24,827
Total Cats: 1,602
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaen99 View Post
Was the daughter hot?
Here, why don't you have this:

Attached Thumbnails
How (and why) to Ramble On your domestic shorthair-obmq3.jpg  
Joe Perez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:45 PM   #12202
Elite Member
iTrader: (6)
 
blaen99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 4,112
Total Cats: 28
Default

So, the daughter WAS hot then, right?
blaen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:33 PM   #12203
Elite Member
iTrader: (6)
 
blaen99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 4,112
Total Cats: 28
Default

Sooo....

It's looking more and more likely we had a Fram guy pop up his head to come advertise Fram filters in our latest oil thread and otherwise astroturf.

What the ----?

(Edit) Yep, pretty much verified. He's been going onto all sorts of automotive forums to do the same ----, so either it's an extremely dedicated troll with access to the Fram youtube account, or....
blaen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:49 PM   #12204
Boost Pope
iTrader: (8)
 
Joe Perez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 24,827
Total Cats: 1,602
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaen99 View Post
It's looking more and more likely we had a Fram guy pop up his head to come advertise Fram filters in our latest oil thread and otherwise astroturf.
You mean Motorking?
Joe Perez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:50 PM   #12205
Elite Member
iTrader: (6)
 
blaen99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 4,112
Total Cats: 28
Default

Oil filter Cut away- Fram and Wix

Alias of Motorking.

(Edit) Nice ninja-edit there, Joe.
blaen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:55 PM   #12206
Boost Pope
iTrader: (8)
 
Joe Perez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 24,827
Total Cats: 1,602
Default

Yeah, I found that and edited my last post before I saw you reply.

I've sent him a message asking that he disclose to me the nature, if any, of his relationship with Fram or any other vendor or manufacturer of oil filters. I'll keep y'all informed.


If a Ninja edits his post, and nobody saw him do it, did it really happen?
Joe Perez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:59 PM   #12207
Elite Member
iTrader: (19)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 5,219
Total Cats: 339
Default

If a ninja edits a post, and is seen, he isn't really a ninja.
rleete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:59 PM   #12208
Elite Member
iTrader: (6)
 
blaen99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 4,112
Total Cats: 28
Default

As always, the staff here is extremely impressive. Thanks Joe, astroturfing is one of my biggest hates on forums.
blaen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 03:20 PM   #12209
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,001
Total Cats: 330
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaen99 View Post
As always, the staff here is extremely impressive. Thanks Joe, astroturfing is one of my biggest hates on forums.
How do I fit into this "extremely impressive" comment? I assume you're referring to my physique and general masculinity, which certainly impressed your GFs and mothers.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 03:28 PM   #12210
Elite Member
iTrader: (6)
 
blaen99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 4,112
Total Cats: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustler View Post
How do I fit into this "extremely impressive" comment? I assume you're referring to my physique and general masculinity, which certainly impressed your GFs and mothers.
No way man, I'm of course referring to your ***** size - both girth and length!
blaen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:27 PM   #12211
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,001
Total Cats: 330
Default

Remember a few hundred pages ago where I whined and cried about a guy flipping out on me in the parking-lot, then getting in trouble with security over it because I should have essentially let the gun run over my car?

Well, 6+ weeks later, the same guy accused me of laying rubber in the parking-lot. The interesting part is that the rubber is from an SS Camaro, so we're talking about 275mm of rubber, not 205mm rubber from my daily. Unfortunately, the complaint remains. Time to go take pictures.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:33 PM   #12212
Elite Member
iTrader: (6)
 
blaen99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 4,112
Total Cats: 28
Default

So, which of his friends or him drives an SS camaro?
blaen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:35 PM   #12213
Junior Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 347
Total Cats: 6
Default

Sometimes a good pounding fixes things. Too bad HR doesn't see it that way.
flying_solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:37 PM   #12214
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,001
Total Cats: 330
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying_solo View Post
Sometimes a good pounding fixes things. Too bad HR doesn't see it that way.
The dude who's complaining has a purple heart and a History Channel special on himself, lol. I don't think my *** will be the one kicked. However, I think my career could end because I didn't let him run over my car.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:46 PM   #12215
Boost Czar

iTrader: (60)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 70,402
Total Cats: 1,426
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustler View Post
The dude who's complaining has a purple heart and a History Channel special on himself, lol. I don't think my *** will be the one kicked. However, I think my career could end because I didn't let him run over my car.
you need to move to the GSA, more your style.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:48 PM   #12216
Boost Pope
iTrader: (8)
 
Joe Perez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 24,827
Total Cats: 1,602
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaen99 View Post
As always, the staff here is extremely impressive. Thanks Joe, astroturfing is one of my biggest hates on forums.
We'll see how it turns out. He responded to me that he is employed by Fram as the "technical training manager", that he stumbled over here because a buddy of his just bought a Miata, points out that his company sponsors Spec Miata racing, and was feeling a little butthurt about seeing people criticize his company's product.

I think everything is sufficiently out in the open, so we'll just see how things shape up over there. I'm not a huge fan of intervening in such matters unless absolutely necessary.



Quote:
Originally Posted by hustler View Post
Well, 6+ weeks later, the same guy accused me of laying rubber in the parking-lot. The interesting part is that the rubber is from an SS Camaro, so we're talking about 275mm of rubber, not 205mm rubber from my daily. Unfortunately, the complaint remains. Time to go take pictures.
Seems like an easy one to solve. Lay a ruler across the tire mark and photograph the width, then place the same ruled against the rear tire of your car and the rear tire of his car, and photograph them both.

If he is a jerk about it, ask yourself "What would David Thorne do?"
Joe Perez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:53 PM   #12217
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,001
Total Cats: 330
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Perez View Post
Seems like an easy one to solve. Lay a ruler across the tire mark and photograph the width, then place the same ruled against the rear tire of your car and the rear tire of his car, and photograph them both.

If he is a jerk about it, ask yourself "What would David Thorne do?"
I just parked the car on top of the rubber and he'll email me when he can go outside and hear my case. Of course I had to CC the big-boss man above his superior, because his superior thinks its funny to threaten people's careers with bullshit.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 05:00 PM   #12218
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: San Luis Obispo, CA
Posts: 505
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Perez View Post
was feeling a little butthurt about seeing people criticize his company's product.
Well Fram does suck
scottyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 05:01 PM   #12219
Elite Member
iTrader: (6)
 
blaen99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 4,112
Total Cats: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Perez View Post
We'll see how it turns out. He responded to me that he is employed by Fram as the "technical training manager", that he stumbled over here because a buddy of his just bought a Miata, points out that his company sponsors Spec Miata racing, and was feeling a little butthurt about seeing people criticize his company's product.

I think everything is sufficiently out in the open, so we'll just see how things shape up over there. I'm not a huge fan of intervening in such matters unless absolutely necessary.
Yeah, no issues with it as is.

Would have had no issue if it would have been offered up front too, i.e. "I'm a technical training manager at fram, and you guys are full of crap!!!"

Being employed to do social media by his company and not actually offering that information up front though.....
blaen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 05:26 PM   #12220
y8s
2 Props,3 Dildos,& 1 Cat
iTrader: (8)
 
y8s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Fake Virginia
Posts: 18,788
Total Cats: 329
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustler View Post
I just parked the car on top of the rubber and he'll email me when he can go outside and hear my case. Of course I had to CC the big-boss man above his superior, because his superior thinks its funny to threaten people's careers with bullshit.
miata track width: ~56"
99 SS track width: ~67"

I'd like you to video tape the reactions when they see your left tire lined up on the mark and the right tire mark a foot to the right of your right tire.
y8s is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Uconn Car Show 240_to_miata Local Meets, Events and Tech Days 1 01-23-2016 10:17 PM
Uconn Car Show Sat, April 9th 240_to_miata Local Meets, Events and Tech Days 7 04-11-2011 11:00 AM
Uconn Car Club Spring 2010 Show 240_to_miata Local Meets, Events and Tech Days 92 04-12-2010 06:20 PM
anual uconn car show/meet 240_to_miata Local Meets, Events and Tech Days 0 02-19-2008 10:03 PM


Tags
brain <3 me, brainy <3s hollywood, cancerous testicles, cuban caveman, furry barnacle, get fragged faeflora, joe p for prez, lyrical joe perez, not hit block, peter falk

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:50 PM.