Yeah, I think I could handle the setup, but getting it to work would surely be the hard part.
I finally got a chance to peruse my datalogs...and they're showing up as resets! Check record 304 (just before 50sec) in the one below. I was also expecting to see the abnormally high rpm spikes, and they're not anywhere to be seen, so I may have a different problem.
Looks like you have major battery voltage noise issues. Check your wiring grounds.
Wow...I'm going to kick myself if that's it. I had upgraded my grounds a few months back and it fixed a lot of issues. I guess I had just shut that out as a possibility. I guess something happened...maybe I should check the grommet where it goes through the firewall.
Okay...I reflashed yesterday...and the car runs better.
The resets had seemed to be load related, and apparently MS wouldn't let the Duty Cycle exceed a certain amount. I'm convinced it's some kind of grounding problem, but had checked, cleaned, and beefed up every ground I could find.
It seems to have gone away int he reflash...but I've yet to turn the boost back up to confirm this. It seems happy below 10psi...but would cut out like crazy after that.
Now I'm getting serious duty cycle spikes. I will post .msq and pics when I am done with class...but I can describe.
The pulse width and duty cycle both jump up for a split second, causing AFRs to dip down to 9-10:1. This mainly happens in vacuum (10-20in on boost gauge), and below 4500rpm...basically when I'm cruising in 4th or 5th.
It's violent enough to feel...about like a brisk headwind hitting the car..and causes shifter to move. Really feels like I'm losing spark at the same time...but not sure.
And am still seeing this.
I'm sure Matt hit the nail on the head...and that this is all related to crazy battery voltage. I've seen other datalogs where folks had generally stable battV...and mine has a shitton of noise. I haven't the slightest as to why this is happening. I've checked grounds...do I need to check ECU power?
The beefier grounds may have helped, but a reflash cured them once and for all.
RICH AFR SPIKES:
Continued to adjust accel enrichments, and they don't perceptibly kick in during cruise anymore without looking at the datalog. Their slope is much lower on the datalog, and the AFR doesn't move more than 0.75 when it happens, unlike the 2-3 full points as before. I don't wish to lower AE anymore as it seems it would lose it's effectiveness.
Apparently I was blowing out the spark pretty bad, even when gapped at 0.023". This made me hate life...and now I am better. Big difference in power (about half the kick in the butt as full 2.5" exhaust with straight-thru muffler) and MUCH smoother.
Pretty bad misfires. I could feel it during hard acceleration. This combined with the poor grounding and some firmware corruption would make it stop accelerating for a half second right around peak torque.