well you wouldn't need his images. you'd download the 10g code. plug in the resistance values, and then create your own .s19 image to flash.
So just so I understand how this would be done: I would take his (KeithG) entire 10G src folder and copy in my .inc files from the 9093NoAFM directory and then compile using the Compile.bat utility (and then flash it). I would then not use EasyTherm at all? Is there anything else I need to do to be sure the s19 image reflects my configuration?
Is that different than taking KeithG's 10G s19 file and running Easytherm on it and putting it back into a copy of my 9093 directory and flashing?
This is the first time I have had to modify the image and I appreciate you helping me get it right.
(before I saw your note I tried the latter method (EasyTherm) and saw a huge difference in performance at boost, but the run is relatively short and today is a bit cooler than yesterday - but it did not run lean at all up to >10psi, I stopped when I realized that I was now running way too rich and needed to tune - I also realized I needed to better understand how the image is generated to be sure I got everything correct)
I took another run on the new files and I don't see anything like the prior behavior. It is cooler out but the MAT is not that different. I will go back to the original HiRes 10G files from the other thread and see if the problem comes back but right now I am not running lean at all at high boost.
So I ran today as well with warmer temps (same as when I was first noticed the issue). Ran to higher boost (>11.5 psi or so) and saw no issues (does not run lean and nothing like the issues we were discussing). The only thing I did was to Easytherm the file I had been using (the one posted here for 9093NoAFM http://www.miataturbo.net/forum/showthread.php?t=17901) and then reload everything. Dunno what made the difference (I had reloaded the .msq which did not help before) but I hope the problem does not come back.
Thanks to all for taking a look and commenting.
If it holds up for a couple of days I am off to the dyno.
Thanks for the PM aseer. I was running the same firmware image on my car (JRSC) without the AFM and I didn't appear to have this problem. I was careful when creating those images but there's a chance I have entered the wrong value somewhere.
I think to be safe I'll publish all the values used when running EasyTherm (along with a screenshot) for each version of the firmware, then everyone can check these against their inc files.
So I had a week of good running (including a drive from Nor Cal to So Cal for dyno tuning, and back - no issues at all with it going lean). Unfortunately the problem has reoccurred and this time it is intermittent (looks just like before so I won't post the new logs unless someone is curious). Namely, I have runs where I am hitting >10psi with no issues (and the car flies after the tune) and I have a run where the car leans out at high boost just as before and then later that night the car is fine again as well as the morning. I suspect the Easytherm thing was a coincidence (namely I just got lucky ).
Unless anyone has other ideas I am going to pull the dual stage fuel system I have in now and replace it with a single high flow Walbro (stock pump plus the aux pump that came with FM package are what I have now). We'll pressure test first but since the issue is intermittent I am not sure we'll see a drop.
Thanks again for all who chimed in (and to DIYAutotune/Matt for taking a look at the logs, those guys are great).