01-07-2016, 08:41 AM
Join Date: Feb 2013
Total Cats: 0
Thanks for your continued support- CL Idle question
Good morning all,
My MS3 is running my 1994 miata well, I just have some issues with idle that I am working through.
I have attached a log, but here are the symptoms;
- Excessively high cold idle (1800 RPM, targets are set lower)
- Sometimes idle will drop, but after a highway drive will go back up around 1800
- Upon first start (cold or hot), car will enter closed loop. After initial start and a short drive, will not enter CL idle again
- I believe the idle valve is working properly
I could possibly have an issue with the idle screw, but I believe I have tested it correctly.
- Using the test mode, lower the valve until the RPM stops dropping (around 32). If I keep going WAY past the point that RPM stops dropping, (say 24) it will start dropping further and stall
Overall, the idle is getting more stable and reliable, but on full warm, it is a bit lower than it should be, around 600 RPM. Other times, it is rock solid at 850.
Appreciate any expertise here!