This is the original Hydra ECU and I ran it for a few years before getting the itch to tinker with something else. (I put the hydra in after running a Tec 3)
I have all the documentation and pinout information you'd ever need to do a custom installation. It will work on any miata (maybe any car at all--I think they're all the same but you'll need to check with Hydra) with the right harness.
My harness is for a 2001 and is not currently 100% plug and play due to some customizations, but I can walk you through setting it up or, if you want, I can return it to that configuration with a little time ($100 deposit up front if you want me to do this, goes toward purchase price obviously).
* Hydra 2.17 ECU
* Hydra-to-2001 Mazda harness
* Hydra L1H1 wideband
* 100% of the unlock passwords for the ECU
* comprehensive pinout information spreadsheet (which you wont find anywhere else and probably cant easily get from Hydra themselves)
* A little help from me setting it up (restrictions apply!)
* GM boost control solenoid and pigtail
* the original box for some reason.
* Alternator control circuit if you want (I can pre-wire this)
* FM mounting bracket--never used it.
* Custom harness implementation for 2001 / revert to PNP ($100 deposit)
Note: Hydra has mentioned something about upgrades but I cant recall what the details were--contact them directly or contact Flyin Miata.
The unit works fine as-is though and helped me dyno over 250 rwhp at 9.5psi (dyno dynamics plot
) and for tens of thousands of miles. It even reliably got me cross country in four days without any issues.
Please help a brother get married and still be able to buy car parts.
$930 shipped+paypal price.
(or $100 + $830 for harness reverted to PNP)