THIS GROUP BUY IS NOW OVER. IF YOU WANT ONE OF THE ECUs LISTED HERE, PLEASE CONTACT ME OR BRAINEACK.
Braineack and I are teaming up to offer the latest in MS2/DIYPNP for your 99-00 and 01-05 Miata.
You all pretty much know about the DIYPNP: It's an elegant solution for any 90-99 Miata. Too bad there is no kit for the 01-05. And here is where Scott and I step in. We now have a plug and play unit available for the 01-05. This unit is not only plug and play
with a brand new factory connector
(ie not a pull from a Mazda ECU) but is also enhanced with the following functions:
* Digital alternator control, tuned to output 14.4V
* Battery voltage light (steady on when engine not running and voltage > 11V, blinking slowly when engine off and voltage <11V OR engine running and voltage < 13.5V, blinking rapidly when engine is running and voltage > 15.5V.
* Proper idle valve frequency through hardware multiplication: 488Hz
* A/C idle up function: the car will never stall again when you switch the A/C on
* Going WOT or over 5000rpm switches the A/C off
* Both fans turn on with the A/C
* First fan turns on at 96C, second fan turns on at 101C (configurable through the MS)
* CEL flashes slowly when coolant > 101C, flashes rapidly when coolant > 105C, is steady on when coolant > 110C
* Power steering idle up (when parked and turning the steering wheel)
* Fans turn off when VSS>120Km/h, unless seriously overheating (coolant > 110C)
* Idle valve completely off unless speed < 15km/h OR transmission is in neutral OR you are pressing the clutch pedal (helps engine braking, avoids early overrun fuel cut ending)
* No VVT for the 01-05, sorry! The engine runs fine without it (my car has been MSed for 4 years now with no problems at all) however DIYAutoTune are about to market a seperate VVT controller that you can connect to any ECU, including Megasquirts/DIYPNPs.
We can also provide this functionality for 99-00 units that we build. Unfortunately, we can't retrofit the board that provides this functionality to any DIYPNP already built: The DIYPNP needs to be built with certain provisions to make the board fit inside the case (not to mention the 20 or so wires needed to interconnect!)
Custom functionality can be arranged for if needed for an extra fee, contact me for details.
Pricing is as follows:
1) For a 99-00 unit, $660 plus shipping from the US (VA)
2) For a 01-05 unit, $680 plus shipping from the US (VA)
After the group buy ends, these units will cost $780, unless we can get another group buy going.
If you live in the EU, don't worry, we can arrange it so that your unit will be shipped from Greece rather than from the US: less shipping, no customs fees or long waiting times!
We are looking for at least 10 units in total to start the group buy. Any combination of 99-00/01-05 is OK. Put your name and year/engine of the car in the list below until Aug 31st
, so we can have an estimate of how many ECUs we need to build. If you have any special requests (ie COP, etc), also write that down next to your name. As a rule of thumb, we estimate that we can build 3 ECUs per week for the 01+, 4 ECUs per week for the 99-00. First come, first served, obviously. All 01-05 units will be individually tested on my 2002 to make sure that your unit is 100% working. 99-00 units will be tested on the bench using my very own stimulator: Custom stimulator with VVT!
On Sep 1st, we are going to contact the people that are interested to get a $450 deposit from each to buy and build the units. Once your unit is built and tested ok, we are going to contact you for the rest of the cost of the unit plus shipping to your address. Units should be getting out of the door on Sep 20th, a bit earlier for EU units.
Contact me for any additional questions you may have.
1) Joseph B (Joseph Bennett - 2000 1.8L, IAT with aluminum bung)
2) 18psi (Vlad 2000 NB)
3) levnubhin (Phil 1999)
4) private (2004 MSM)
5) Staffah (Canada 2000 1.8 NB with MP62, AC, PS and 305cc injectors, sequential ignition mod for COPs, aluminum bung & IAT)
6) Taiman81 (SPAIN '00 Mx5 1.8 NB with M45)
7) Craigo (UKDM 1998 1.8NB , 99-00 MS2 ENGLAND)
8) guitarjon (1990 mk1 1.6 ENGLAND)
9) 99mx5 (99 NB, AC, PS, COPS)
10) simpsonn89 (2000, AC, PS, currently stock and looking to sequential ignition)
11) ilmare (bone stock 1999, a/c, p/s, will be running toyota COPS)
12) Ross Taylor (Fluoxetine) - '99 NB/Mk2 1800 RS JDM Import with AC/ PS in the UK - Looking toward supercharging with an M45 (or MP62), aluminium I.A.T
13) Arbinshire (stock '99 that will be turbo'd over the winter, AC/PS)
14) 91rps13 (Josue Munoz, 99 NB- PS, no AC, Add AIT sensor please)
15) musanovic (2001 with PS, AC, COPS)
16) 32GUY (UKDM 1.8iS NB 2000)
17) Buck65 ('94 MK1 1.8 running JRSC, A/C and PAS)
19) chriscar (1995 R-Package FM turbo)
20) aballoonflies (2001 A/C, P/S, stock COP)