07-17-2013, 03:05 PM
Join Date: Oct 2010
Total Cats: 4
Originally Posted by Savington
Finally got around to this. It'll be on our new website once that's up and running, but just PM me for now.
There's no one "correct" place to put the cooler, so the best solution is to just send you a bunch of line and fittings and have you decide exactly where to mount the cooler. N/A cars should put it in direct airflow in front of the radiator. Turbo cars should put it above the intercooler. Turbo cars with A/C should get creative.
- Mocal sandwich plate with 180* T-stat, 1/2"BSP to -10AN adapters, and proper Dowty seals
- 10ft of Setrab -10AN line
- two Setrab -10AN male 90deg hose ends (sandwich plate side)
- two Setrab -10AN M22 male 90deg hose ends (cooler side)
- Setrab 6-series cooler with proper Setrab-specific rubber isolated mounting bracket
Three options for cooler size:
10-row for N/A cars in direct airflow (or ducted). $400
16-row for turbo cars in direct/ducted airflow. $430
25-row for those individuals with questionable judgement. $475
10 row in front, 25 in back
I do have a LONG brand oil cooler, seems to work well with spal fan, oil when turbo wasn't too hot. Didn't like the need of Spal fan for it thought.
Here's what I have :
How I do plan the future install :
But I do need an engine and for that ACL race main bearings... find me one please !!!!! Going back to call different shop and Miata teams...