So I have been searching but haven't found what I am looking for.
I am planning a roll cage install and am trying to find pictures of doors that are cut. This car is a daily driver and while I do want the safety of a cage on the track I dont want it in the way during my weekly commute. The cage will be custom built based off of the tall cage design by DGE Motorsports. I will loose the soft top but plan to keep a factory hardtop.
I have looked at some photos of a single diagonal bars but they are too close to the seat and block the access to the seat. Also, i already have a problem of my hand hitting my knee when driving and i would like the extra room. Here is the list of some of the ideas that I am thinking of.
1. Keep the window and track intact
2. Keep the upper door panel intact
3. Have a lower door panel made to cover the internals
4. Use 2" webbing to raise and hold the widow closed
5. Small NASCAR bars
6. Have the upper bar removable using something like this
So why a rollcage at all?
1. The speeds I am getting to on the track are higher than what I feel safe with the Hard Dog.
2. I also want to stiffen up the car.
3. My helmet dosen't have the 2" I need below the bar. (that is a whole other issue with seats and harnesses)