I cant weigh the top, but it is quite light. I can lift it off the car with one hand, there is no back window yet, it will be lexan, and the side widow seals will go back in so it can be sealed up for rain and washing, the windows are already just slip ins. I am quite happy with the results, and probably only a cupple pounds heavy compared to the "race top" There will be some finishing up done after the cage is in, and before I paint it.
One bolt hole still into steel on each side, and I will probably put another tab to the windshield frame at the center.
A small strap at the side was adequate before with the top un molested. I think now it will be fine even without the frankensteins.
Frankenseins removed, along with the inner ridge. I will put a tab or two to hold the bottom to the deck.
The black, and the two layers of paint on the outside will all be sanded off before I paint.
I thought there were two layers in the middle of the top, but when I tried to cut it out I found that not to be the case. Some epoxy will fix that before paint.
I found just what I wanted to seal the top to the body. This will seal tight to the ridge I left all around the back, even where the frankensteins were.
It would have cost me more to do this with the "race top" than I could have sold this one for, so I am sure to be happy. By the sounds of it, it may have also been about the same amount of work. The frankensteins are quite heavy BTW both the parts on the top and on the deck. I now have the clearance I was looking for for the main hoop.