Underdog's de-Greddified Sunburst Yellow - Page 10 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Build Threads Building a motor? Post the progress here.

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-17-2012, 10:07 AM   #181
Junior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 203
Total Cats: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FowlerMotorsports View Post
That's not the first time i'v seen a man pull a wiener out of his shirt pocket.

Great videos Tom!
I'm glad you enjoyed the videos and thanks for the laugh! I was enduring a long flight layover and this made me roflcopter all over myself.
underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:09 AM   #182
Junior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 203
Total Cats: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth97 View Post
hawt
Thanks! Just curious, are you talking about Sunflower, the videos or me?
underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:09 PM   #183
Junior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 203
Total Cats: 12
Default

Hello All,

Well, Sunflower now belongs to a new owner. Thankfully he is a great guy with a wife who has a beautiful matching 92 Sunburst! I miss the car terribly, but it makes it easier to know that it went to a great home. I plan to own another Miata again someday, as I want to build an LSX powered NB or NC sometime in the future.

Thanks to all of you for the guidance and support over the last 5 years. I could always come here and get good info, inspiration and a laugh too! Also, I returned the car to stock condition, so I'll have some parts for sale in the future for those interested.

Thanks again everyone and good luck with your cars!
underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:11 PM   #184
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,892
Total Cats: 1,792
Default

sad news is sad. we are no longer e-BFF.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 12:19 AM   #185
Free Moustache Rides
iTrader: (8)
 
matthewdesigns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 1,656
Total Cats: 49
Default

I hope it's found a great home. I often ponder what the sale of mine would sound like to a buyer, and what kind of nut would actually pull the trigger given all the oddball DSM gear stuffed in it. Did you have to give a dissertation on the setup?
matthewdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 12:22 AM   #186
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,196
Total Cats: 2,583
Default

WHAT THE HECKKKKKKKK???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Why?????
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 08:54 AM   #187
Junior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 203
Total Cats: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
sad news is sad. we are no longer e-BFF.
Indeed Brain, indeed. So no e-BFF, not even a little bit?
underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 09:03 AM   #188
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 417
Total Cats: 53
Default

I saw that diff video a few days ago and liked it a lot. and just stumbled upon your thread today. I hope the new owner takes good care of her
G3ML1NGZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 09:09 AM   #189
Junior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 203
Total Cats: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewdesigns View Post
I hope it's found a great home. I often ponder what the sale of mine would sound like to a buyer, and what kind of nut would actually pull the trigger given all the oddball DSM gear stuffed in it. Did you have to give a dissertation on the setup?
Hi Matthew, good to hear from you!

To answer your question, given the rare nature and great condition of this car, all of the modifications were designed to be removed without any impact to the engine, chassis, stock wiring, etc. That probably doubled my time/effort at certain points, but it was worth it. I sold it in stock condition with no modifications, so yes, I even switched back to a stock clutch! The funny thing is how enjoyable these cars are even in 100% stock form. I found it to be extremely fun to drive.

The new owner is a good man, is passionate about these cars and will have lots of fun with it for a long time I'm sure. I miss it bad, but I get attached to cars that way. I wish I could be like so many others I know, where a car is just an appliance to get from point A to point B. It'd make life so much simpler- probably not as fun though.
underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 09:13 AM   #190
Junior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 203
Total Cats: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G3ML1NGZ View Post
I saw that diff video a few days ago and liked it a lot. and just stumbled upon your thread today. I hope the new owner takes good care of her
Thanks and I'm glad you liked it! I've got lots of raw material for new videos, just been to busy to get crackin' on putting them together.
underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:10 AM   #191
Junior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 203
Total Cats: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18psi View Post
WHAT THE HECKKKKKKKK???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Why?????
I know man, I know! I sold it mainly because I wanted a more family friendly hauler/beater and can't just keep accumulating cars, although I'd like to.

I do plan to get a NB or NC for my V8 swap, so I'll be looking out for one of those too. That won't be soon though, gotta wait until the kids get a little older.
underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 12:44 PM   #192
Junior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ireland
Posts: 465
Total Cats: 16
Default

i just spent about two hours or more reading and watching your class videos.. i even felt sad when you said it was gone!!

BTW your garage is unreal!! is it a hobby garage or do you run a business from it?
rhysmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 12:47 PM   #193
Free Moustache Rides
iTrader: (8)
 
matthewdesigns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 1,656
Total Cats: 49
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog View Post
I sold it in stock condition with no modifications
Holy crap. I think it would be easier to part mine out than revert to stock.

So, ECMLink in...what? Now that you have a nice standalone system on the shelf
matthewdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:21 AM   #194
Newb
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 6
Total Cats: 0
Default Tom's Sunflower

Underdog's de-Greddified Sunburst Yellow-two-sby.jpg

Just so everyone knows that Sunflower is doing okay here is a pic of her and her mate sitting pretty down in Texas. After I went through all of Tom's videos and followed everything he had put out there on the net about Sunflower I knew I had to have her. I know alot of you have followed all of Tom's video's and I am sure you understand his passion for wrenching (as he calls it) after seeing those video's. I hope ya all can actually meet him in person some day because only then will you realize how real his passion actually was with Sunflower. She is nothing but beautiful and I can understand how much it killed Tom to part with her. She will be loved dearly Tom, I promise that.
billrlogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 02:21 PM   #195
Junior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bmore
Posts: 78
Total Cats: 6
Default

Good to see she went to a good home. Are you going to continue making videos of your other cars?

If a man is asked how many cars should he have. The correct answer is always "one more than I have now" Good luck on finding something new.
tincan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:37 AM   #196
Junior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 203
Total Cats: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhysmate View Post
i just spent about two hours or more reading and watching your class videos.. i even felt sad when you said it was gone!!

BTW your garage is unreal!! is it a hobby garage or do you run a business from it?
Thanks rhysmate, I appreciate that! It's just a hobby garage, but it would be fun to actually produce something with it. Sounds like a fun retirement goal to me.
underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:40 AM   #197
Junior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 203
Total Cats: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewdesigns View Post
So, ECMLink in...what? Now that you have a nice standalone system on the shelf
I'm not sure at the moment, but I've sworn off old Mitsubishi stuff for awhile. My Talon is enough to keep me busy! That said, I believe that I have enough Mitsu/DSM parts to build an entire vehicle.
underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:42 AM   #198
Junior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 203
Total Cats: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by billrlogan View Post
Attachment 51876

Just so everyone knows that Sunflower is doing okay here is a pic of her and her mate sitting pretty down in Texas. After I went through all of Tom's videos and followed everything he had put out there on the net about Sunflower I knew I had to have her. I know alot of you have followed all of Tom's video's and I am sure you understand his passion for wrenching (as he calls it) after seeing those video's. I hope ya all can actually meet him in person some day because only then will you realize how real his passion actually was with Sunflower. She is nothing but beautiful and I can understand how much it killed Tom to part with her. She will be loved dearly Tom, I promise that.

Thanks for posting this Bill. Enjoy your car and keep us all posted!
underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:46 AM   #199
Junior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 203
Total Cats: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tincan View Post
Good to see she went to a good home. Are you going to continue making videos of your other cars?

If a man is asked how many cars should he have. The correct answer is always "one more than I have now" Good luck on finding something new.
Hi there tincan, I do plan to keep making videos and I've got tons of ideas- just gotta find some time for them! I like your car philosophy
underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:03 AM   #200
Newb
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 10
Total Cats: 1
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog View Post
Hello All,

Well, Sunflower now belongs to a new owner. [...] Also, I returned the car to stock condition
This makes me sad. Your build was an inspiration.

Already looking forward to see you back in the miata business
Monti is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Back to Stock Part Out!! Turbo Parts, MS2 Enhanced 01-05, Suspension, and MOAR! StratoBlue1109 Miata parts for sale/trade 16 10-02-2015 10:39 AM
1996 Turbo Build Goldwar DIY Turbo Discussion 2 09-29-2015 10:20 AM
MS3 Basic Connection Issues EErockMiata MEGAsquirt 6 09-24-2015 10:49 AM
Squiblez 1996 Montego blue Squiblez Build Threads 2 09-22-2015 11:17 AM
Supra injector sets, yellow and black top 300zxrb26dett Miata parts for sale/trade 0 09-22-2015 01:43 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:57 PM.