Dream Act? - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Current Events, News, Politics Keep the politics here.

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-15-2012, 07:16 PM   #1
Elite Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 3,109
Total Cats: 127
Default Dream Act?

So if your between the age of 16-30 and have lived here at least 5 years without breaking laws you can stay? Didn't they break the law to begin with? Is this a "reelection" thing for Hispanic voters?
jacob300zx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 07:17 PM   #2
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,168
Total Cats: 2,573
Default

Word on the street is Hobama needs moar votez
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:06 PM   #3
Elite Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 3,109
Total Cats: 127
Default

Doesn't he need some kind of vote to make this legal?
jacob300zx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 10:14 PM   #4
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,824
Total Cats: 1,781
Default

no, obama is the law.
Braineack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 02:01 AM   #5
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
pusha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 7,363
Total Cats: -32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
no, obama is the law.
this.

if you disagree, you are racist
pusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 11:04 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: DF-DUB
Posts: 640
Total Cats: 19
Default

Well I see a fundamental flaw in this law, if you came here illegally, you broke a law, therefore no one qualifies.

Opti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 12:23 AM   #7
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

Step 1. Tell states you cannot investigate or confirm citizenship of voters
step 2. Amnesty for illegals
step 3. Socialize Amerika
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 12:48 AM   #8
Elite Member
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Overland Park, Kansas
Posts: 5,382
Total Cats: 43
Default

Step 4: Appoint yourself commander for the next 40 years....


If I was a naturalized citizen of this country I'd be severely pissed at this. Guess I'm just a racist bigot, but I'm feeling like the only people in this country who have to follow the rules are those of us who were born here. My grandfather moved here in the 1930s and followed the rules. This I have nothing against, what I am against is people who break laws to get here and there are no legal actions taken. People who come here and expect me to change everything to cater to them.

I have close personal friends who were born in other countries yet are now naturalized citizens. They learned and speak English and follow the rules. They're also really good friends who have been through a lot of ---- where they came from and wanted to come here for a better life.

But I guess I'm just a white racist pig because I believe EVERYBODY should be held to the same standards and have to follow the same rules.
elesjuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 03:37 AM   #9
Junior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Navarre, Fl
Posts: 203
Total Cats: 3
Default

This dream act is actually for people who were brought here as children (younger than 16) and have lived here for at least five years and have no criminal record of any sort. Also it requires these kids to at least finish high school or have a GED. Most of the time these kids come here and America is all they know, some don't even speak the language of their home country. We would be dooming these children if we were to throw them back to where they came from. And the people that are dream act eligible can become productive members of society.
ericsbestshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 03:51 AM   #10
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 8,782
Total Cats: 119
Default

Listen.

Everyone should be stamped citizen.

Why not.

Unless they r fukky


Then they all pay taxes and shiz yay
Faeflora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 03:52 AM   #11
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsbestshot View Post
This dream act is actually for people who were brought here as children (younger than 16) and have lived here for at least five years and have no criminal record of any sort. Also it requires these kids to at least finish high school or have a GED. Most of the time these kids come here and America is all they know, some don't even speak the language of their home country. We would be dooming these children if we were to throw them back to where they came from. And the people that are dream act eligible can become productive members of society.
Not really because none of those people should be here in the first place, they could apply for citizenship at any time (like right now). Is this nation going to grant amnesty to illegals every 30-years? America has enough problems, she doesn't need another batch of irresponsible illegal aliens. If this were any other country in the world, these illegals would get thrown out on their *** for not following the process. Why do you expect a group of people who come over here illegally and stay here illegally to develop into "productive members of society"? Suddenly the speeding ticket I got last year had more severe consequences than entering this country illegally.

BTW, the Dream Act is dead because the Senate voted it down...yes, the Senate. lol @ EO abuse. I love the White House mayhem served up to us for election season. Is there anything this guy won't do for re-election?
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 03:54 AM   #12
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusha View Post
this.

if you disagree, you are racist
Attached Thumbnails
Dream Act?-tumblr_m0qoox2ref1qm37qco1_250.gif  
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 04:01 AM   #13
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

Whoa:
Attached Thumbnails
Dream Act?-aglt2.gif  
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 04:14 AM   #14
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 8,782
Total Cats: 119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustler View Post
Not really because none of those people should be here in the first place, they could apply for citizenship at any time (like right now). Is this nation going to grant amnesty to illegals every 30-years? America has enough problems, she doesn't need another batch of irresponsible illegal aliens. If this were any other country in the world, these illegals would get thrown out on their *** for not following the process. Why do you expect a group of people who come over here illegally and stay here illegally to develop into "productive members of society"? Suddenly the speeding ticket I got last year had more severe consequences than entering this country illegally.

BTW, the Dream Act is dead because the Senate voted it down...yes, the Senate. lol @ EO abuse. I love the White House mayhem served up to us for election season. Is there anything this guy won't do for re-election?
Applying for citizenship should be ez as shiz


Framnkly all of our ancensotrs

Yes hyustly I am indeed white.

Came through ellis island

what did they do?

Oh. You have a face. Have a cizenship.
Faeflora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 08:40 PM   #15
Junior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Navarre, Fl
Posts: 203
Total Cats: 3
Default

One thing is that illegals can not just apply for citizenship. There is no clear way for illegals to become legal. I agree that illegals should not be here. But it it's the fact that very few mexicans get approved for a visa. My wife's family is mexican citizens living in mexico and my mother in-law just applied for a visa (120usd) and got denied for not having enough money. Why do you say irresponsible illegal aliens? These people eligible under the dream act have done nothing to be considered anything else but good people. Maybe their parents are irresposible for bringing the kids here. As far as getting illegals thrown out, imagine how much money that would cost. Instead, make them legal and they can pay taxes.

I think that one main reason the Dream Act didn't pass the Senate is that the senate is republican and we have a democrat in the white house. I don't agree with Obama most of the time, but so far he is the only one to help illegals. Illegals needs some sort of path to become legal. The reason we have illegals is because they try the legal route and get denied over and over again and they come over here as a last resort to support their families.


Quote:
Originally Posted by hustler View Post
Not really because none of those people should be here in the first place, they could apply for citizenship at any time (like right now). Is this nation going to grant amnesty to illegals every 30-years? America has enough problems, she doesn't need another batch of irresponsible illegal aliens. If this were any other country in the world, these illegals would get thrown out on their *** for not following the process. Why do you expect a group of people who come over here illegally and stay here illegally to develop into "productive members of society"? Suddenly the speeding ticket I got last year had more severe consequences than entering this country illegally.

BTW, the Dream Act is dead because the Senate voted it down...yes, the Senate. lol @ EO abuse. I love the White House mayhem served up to us for election season. Is there anything this guy won't do for re-election?
ericsbestshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:07 PM   #16
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsbestshot View Post
One thing is that illegals can not just apply for citizenship. There is no clear way for illegals to become legal. I agree that illegals should not be here. But it it's the fact that very few mexicans get approved for a visa.
Um, yes you can. If very few people get approved, that does not justify illegal status. That's the beauty of the selection process, the USA won't take just anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsbestshot View Post
As far as getting illegals thrown out, imagine how much money that would cost. Instead, make them legal and they can pay taxes.
I thought they "already paid taxes"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsbestshot View Post
My wife's family is mexican citizens living in mexico and my mother in-law just applied for a visa (120usd) and got denied for not having enough money.
This is a good thing as you've presented it, there needs to be a cut-off where the USA doesn't provide citizenship to people who will immediately go to welfare. Contrary to your story, my GF's dad is naturalized and claims that he obtained naturalization when he was a busser in a restaurant. These days he owns a successful home remodeling company and does not employ illegals and makes a -----ton of money. I know a legal immigrant construction contract who only employs legal citizens is a unicorn and cannot exist in nature, but I believe this fabled legend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsbestshot View Post
As far as getting illegals thrown out, imagine how much money that would cost. Instead, make them legal and they can pay taxes.
Booting illegals and amnesty are two different things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsbestshot View Post
I think that one main reason the Dream Act didn't pass the Senate is that the senate is republican and we have a democrat in the white house. I don't agree with Obama most of the time, but so far he is the only one to help illegals. Illegals needs some sort of path to become legal. The reason we have illegals is because they try the legal route and get denied over and over again and they come over here as a last resort to support their families.
So the solution for a deficient or corrupt citizenship approval process is amnesty? Rather than grant amnesty, this president should have enacted a "naturalization push" to support and encourage legal citizenship.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:15 PM   #17
Antisaint
iTrader: (17)
 
Vashthestampede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Danbury, CT
Posts: 4,659
Total Cats: 54
Default

We have enough Americans out of work. We don't need more illegals coming here and undercutting the ------- rest of them.
Vashthestampede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:21 PM   #18
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,168
Total Cats: 2,573
Default

Attached Thumbnails
Dream Act?-theytookourjobs.jpg  
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 11:56 PM   #19
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
pusha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 7,363
Total Cats: -32
Default

scabs... they're all scabs...
pusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:46 AM   #20
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,824
Total Cats: 1,781
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsbestshot View Post
This dream act is actually for people who were brought here as children (younger than 16) and have lived here for at least five years and have no criminal record of any sort.
You mean the Wild Dream "Act?"

The president has no authority to do what he's trying to do. The Bill wasn't voted down in the Senate. It's a dead bill. The President with no authority can activate a dead bill without first going through and being ratified by both houses.

What he is doing is criminal, much like the illegals living here.

Source: Article II of the U.S. Constitution.

Quote:
Also it requires these kids to at least finish high school or have a GED.
cool story? What does that have to do with anything? They have to finish school in out pathedic gov't run system? So basically they get a free ride on my coattails? great!

Quote:
Most of the time these kids come here and America is all they know, some don't even speak the language of their home country. We would be dooming these children if we were to throw them back to where they came from. And the people that are dream act eligible can become productive members of society.
That's not our problem. In Syria the gov't is killing their own citizens...

These same people can become productive members of any society. If we dropped them off in Canada, they'd do just as well as they would if we dropped them off in Iran.


honestly, the president should be impeached for this, among other things.
Braineack is online now   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
elesjuan's mediocre 95 Miata adventure (google fiber edition) elesjuan Build Threads 8 02-16-2016 09:36 PM
ACT race clutch and AASCO 7lb. aluminum flywheel graexodus Miata parts for sale/trade 5 10-26-2015 02:48 PM
Complete BEGI S3 NB Kit, Full Enthuza 3" Exhaust, ACT HD Clutch, MS2 PNP, Wideband kronikker Miata parts for sale/trade 17 10-06-2015 11:18 PM
1.6 ACT ZM1-XTSS clutch was $320 NOW $200 btabor Miata parts for sale/trade 14 10-05-2015 03:04 PM
Back to Stock Part Out!! Turbo Parts, MS2 Enhanced 01-05, Suspension, and MOAR! StratoBlue1109 Miata parts for sale/trade 16 10-02-2015 10:39 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:19 PM.