Dream Act? - Page 2 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Current Events, News, Politics Keep the politics here.

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-19-2012, 09:59 AM   #21
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Canton, Ga
Posts: 1,707
Total Cats: 19
Default

Heck, they impeached bill for getting a bj...
Stealth97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:13 AM   #22
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,892
Total Cats: 1,792
Default

No, they impeached him for perjury in his testimonies to the grand jury in regards to the Ken Starr's case, obstruction of justice in regards to the Paula Jones case back in 1994 when he was still governor, where she accused him of dropping his pants and asking her to perform a blow job, and perjury in the Paula Jones case.

Get your facts straight.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:48 PM   #23
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,892
Total Cats: 1,792
Default

Some reading for the shill.

Quote:
gop lawmaker's bill would block obama deportation policy
by pete kasperowicz

rep. David schweikert (r-ariz.) on monday proposed legislation that would block enforcement of president obama's new policy of letting certain illegal immigrants request temporary relief from deportation.

Schweikert's bill would specifically prohibit the department of homeland security from allowing that relief, which obama described on friday as an option for up to 800,000 immigrants who came to the united states illegally at a young age. Schweikert said his bill would prevent obama from "dictating" immigration law from the white house.

"last week, the president decided to grant amnesty and hand out work permits to hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants, while over 23 million americans remain unemployed and the civilian participation rate is at a 30-year low," he said monday. "this amounts to an abdication of duty to the american people who are struggling in this economy.

"instead of working with congress to secure our border and reform our immigration policy, president obama sought to circumvent congress once again."

on friday, obama said the dhs would immediately allow people who don't pose a national security risk to ask for temporary relief from deportation proceedings and apply for work authorization. While schweikert's bill would prevent dhs from enforcing executive orders on immigration, obama's policy change came only in the form of a memo on prosecutorial discretion from homeland security secretary janet napolitano, not an executive order.

Republicans have continued to criticize obama's announcement as a political ploy to win over minority voters in the november election, one that consciously seeks to avoid enforcement of laws on the books.

On monday, house republicans blasted the decision as one that ignores the primary role of congress in writing immigration laws, and said congress needs to fight back against the selective enforcement of these laws.

Senate majority leader harry reid (d-nev.) and other senate democrats welcomed the move, and reid said the decision is appropriate in large part because congress has been unable to act on immigration reform.

House republicans on tuesday morning continued to rail against the obama announcement. Aside from opposing what they call the selective enforcement of u.s. Immigration law, they argued that by letting illegal aliens apply for work authorization, obama is forcing unemployed u.s. Citizens to compete with non-citizens.

"the white house decree is bad for america," said rep. Mo brooks (r-ala.). "it is unconscionable for the white house to pit unemployed americans against illegal aliens in a competition for scarce jobs."

"it would be nice if the president was as concerned about the 23 million americans looking for work in america as he is about the 12 million undocumented individuals the president claims are looking for work in america," rep. Ted poe (r-texas) added.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynton Hall
for the third year in a row, american teenagers hoping to land summer jobs will face the worst teen hiring slump since world war ii.

the unemployment rate for 16- to 19-year-olds is 24.9 percent nationally, and in some major cities the rate is much higher. In washington, dc, the teen unemployment rate is 51.7 percent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by article II, U.S. Consititution
The President shall...have Power to grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offenses against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biddle v. Perovich
a] pardon in our days is not a private act of grace from an individual happening to possess power. It is a part of the Constitutional scheme. When granted it is the determination of the ultimate authority that the public welfare will be better served by inflicting less than what the judgment fixed
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:00 PM   #24
Elite Member
iTrader: (6)
 
blaen99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 4,112
Total Cats: 27
Default

Some reading for the shill and/or those actively engaging in lying (via omission).

http://www.factcheck.org/2011/07/did...act-dream-act/

Especially considering Obama has set record numbers for deportation - yes, even more than Bush. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/1...n_1018002.html (Yes, Huffpolol just to tweak some poster's noses, but feel free to check any of the numerous sources on this. And yes, they use the same metric as the Bush administration too, for when someone tries to drag out that tired old fallacy.)

I love the hypocrisy. Seriously. One poster in particular in this thread constantly accuses Obama of lying, of having ulterior motives, and more - and then engages in that very behavior himself.
blaen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:02 PM   #25
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,892
Total Cats: 1,792
Default

isnt huffington post the same publication that said obama has spent less than other presidents because they artibuted the stimulus bill with bush?


but nice strawman, saying he's deported more people than anyone else is completely outside the point/argument.

that's like saying justin beiber was better than kurt cobain because kurt cobain never had the #1 twitter account following.


also, factcheck is a partisan website.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:15 PM   #26
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
pusha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 7,363
Total Cats: -32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
No, they impeached him for perjury in his testimonies to the grand jury in regards to the Ken Starr's case, obstruction of justice in regards to the Paula Jones case back in 1994 when he was still governor, where she accused him of dropping his pants and asking her to perform a blow job, and perjury in the Paula Jones case.

Get your facts straight.
goddamn as much as I hate his policies, he was a boss in a couple ways.
pusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:28 PM   #27
Elite Member
iTrader: (6)
 
blaen99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 4,112
Total Cats: 27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
isnt huffington post the same publication that said obama has spent less than other presidents because they artibuted the stimulus bill with bush?
Irrelevant. I specifically stated I linked to it to get this reaction from you - and I can give you a dozen links across the political spectrum for the same sentiment. Research it yourself if you doubt me.

Quote:
but nice strawman, saying he's deported more people than anyone else is completely outside the point/argument.
Actually, it is completely the point/argument.

Obama is supposed to be "soft" on immigrants, he's supposed to be giving them a backdoor into the country according to what you claim. Now you are doing a 180 on that point.

Obama has deported record numbers of illegal immigrants, and has substantially increased deportation of criminals and others. In fact, criminal deportations compared to the Bush administration has increased by 80%.

80%.

Do you know what he's doing Brainy? He's telling the deportation services "Focus on the criminals, the gangs, and the threats. We have a limited amount of resources to employ against deportation of illegal aliens, and we need to focus on the threats first."

Of course, if you are proposing to give ICE an unlimited budget, then I am certain they can do everything you want them to do Brainy. But the reality is they have a limited budget, and have been directed to focus on criminals. Not only this, but they have been deporting a record number of illegal aliens.

And then you throw the "But that's not the poiiinnntttt! Wahh wahhh wahhh!" bullshit. Yeah, I called it that Brainy - BS. By the numbers, Obama's been the toughest president on illegal immigration of any of them. You are taking a very specific stance and trying to warp and twist what is happening into something entirely different.

Guess what? If you give ICE an unlimited budget, sure. They can deport all of the illegal immigrants in the US. That's not a problem. But they don't have an unlimited budget, and Obama directed them to employ prosecutorial discretion and focus on the criminals and the threats to the US before non-criminals.

Quote:
that's like saying justin beiber was better than kurt cobain because kurt cobain never had the #1 twitter account following.
No, that's like saying you can't say Obama isn't tough on illegal immigration when he has set record numbers enforcing immigration laws. By the numbers, using statistics and actual facts instead of partisan BS, Obama is the toughest president we have on record against illegal immigration.

Quote:
also, factcheck is a partisan website.
I know, I know Brainy. When the hard facts aren't on your side, they are partisan and/or leftist. Here's one for you, let's try Snopes.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/immigration/dreamact.asp

I mean, Snopes is leftist and partisan too, amirite?

I find this particularly hilarious because I specifically remembering you linking a crazily biased and partisan piece, and when I called you on it, you went around crying about "But they are HARD FACTS!!!" What happened to your stance on hard facts, boo? Or do you only get to play that card when it supports your positions, and not when it doesn't support it?
blaen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:42 PM   #28
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,892
Total Cats: 1,792
Default

i started responding to you point by point, then realized that i can't argue with stupid.


but i will say this: you have yet to make one valid point.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:45 PM   #29
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
pusha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 7,363
Total Cats: -32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
i started responding to you point by point, then realized that i can't argue with stupid.


but i will say this: you have yet to make one valid point.
bro he's a nerd wtf you expect? he's gonna draw some chinese cartoon and tell you it's metaphoric for the plight of the average America.

homeboy don't know ---- about the real world.
pusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:48 PM   #30
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,892
Total Cats: 1,792
Default

no, hell change the topic completely, says retarded things, link a bunch of articles that have nothing to do with what we are talking about, call us all hypocrites, never respond directly to anything specific we say about the issue, then laugh as he still claims to be a non-partisan libertarain and thinks he's better than us all.

i always want to argue with him, but all i can read is "herp derp," anytime I see his posts.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:50 PM   #31
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
pusha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 7,363
Total Cats: -32
Default

he has student loan debt, leave him alone
pusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:55 PM   #32
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,892
Total Cats: 1,792
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusha View Post
he has student loan debt, leave him alone
no no no he doesn't have student loan debt, he's "tough on liquidity."
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:56 PM   #33
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
pusha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 7,363
Total Cats: -32
Default

cash broke, asset rich
pusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:57 PM   #34
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
pusha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 7,363
Total Cats: -32
Default

and gay
pusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:58 PM   #35
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,892
Total Cats: 1,792
Default

OMFG! mt.nt has 26,367 members, that's more that when Rick was owner. IB is definetly the best at membership.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:01 PM   #36
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
pusha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 7,363
Total Cats: -32
Default

props!
pusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:02 PM   #37
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
pusha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 7,363
Total Cats: -32
Default

btw we should open up registration to everyone, even those who can't complete a simple test to verify they have a pulse
pusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:03 PM   #38
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,892
Total Cats: 1,792
Default

and despite all the bannings ive been handing out...and all the times I've sued the mods for trying to ban people on their own.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:04 PM   #39
Elite Member
iTrader: (6)
 
blaen99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 4,112
Total Cats: 27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
i started responding to you point by point, then realized that i can't argue with stupid.


but i will say this: you have yet to make one valid point.
Oh, really now?

Let's take a look at what you've posted.

Quote:
"instead of working with congress to secure our border..."
So, how is deporting record numbers not relevant to this? I mean, one would logically assume deporting record numbers of felons and gang members from our borders would be, by definition, "working to secure our border". Or are you trying to say you have some other definition of "securing our border" Brainy?

And let's take a look at this,

Quote:
On monday, house republicans blasted the decision as one that ignores the primary role of congress in writing immigration laws, and said congress needs to fight back against the selective enforcement of these laws.
So, in essence, if I understand what you are saying correctly, you would prefer that a non-felon, non-violent, non-criminal record illegal immigrant be deported at either the same priority, or a higher priority than a convicted murderer illegal immigrant?

This is what you are getting your panties in a bunch about. And what my previous two posts called you out on.

Obama directs ICE to deport convicted murderers, rapists, gang members, etc. with a higher priority - and you say..

Quote:
honestly, the president should be impeached for this, among other things.
Or is this not being specific enough for you?

Oh, and lets take a look at what the actual executive order states. Check my previous posts for links detailing it.

Illegal immigrants who meet a great deal of conditions detailed in said links in previous post can apply for a deferment of prosecution. This, first off, saves ICE a great deal of money. The illegal immigrants are giving ICE information that normally costs ICE a great deal of money to acquire. Secondly, if they violate any of the conditions, deportation proceedings are begun against them - all at a much cheaper cost to ICE, while allowing ICE to focus on much higher priorities, i.e. murderers and rapists.

And I'll eagerly await your "WAHHHHH! But you're doing ALL THIS and you are SO MEAN to me about it!" response while you are (ironically) completely avoiding responding to me while simultaneously trying to make fun of me about supposedly not responding to you.
blaen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:05 PM   #40
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
pusha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 7,363
Total Cats: -32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaen99 View Post
qft!
pusha is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
elesjuan's mediocre 95 Miata adventure (google fiber edition) elesjuan Build Threads 8 02-16-2016 09:36 PM
ACT race clutch and AASCO 7lb. aluminum flywheel graexodus Miata parts for sale/trade 5 10-26-2015 02:48 PM
Complete BEGI S3 NB Kit, Full Enthuza 3" Exhaust, ACT HD Clutch, MS2 PNP, Wideband kronikker Miata parts for sale/trade 17 10-06-2015 11:18 PM
1.6 ACT ZM1-XTSS clutch was $320 NOW $200 btabor Miata parts for sale/trade 14 10-05-2015 03:04 PM
Back to Stock Part Out!! Turbo Parts, MS2 Enhanced 01-05, Suspension, and MOAR! StratoBlue1109 Miata parts for sale/trade 16 10-02-2015 10:39 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:03 PM.