ITT: matthewdesigns displays his ignorance - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Current Events, News, Politics Keep the politics here.

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-18-2011, 03:14 AM   #1
Free Moustache Rides
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
matthewdesigns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 1,656
Total Cats: 49
Default ITT: matthewdesigns displays his ignorance

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesjuan View Post
That's right, God Bless America, where a free woman can eat a ******* sausage in public so some fagggot can take a photograph in a pathetic attempt to discredit, smear, or destroy her character. Oh, whats that? We can't fight and win on policy, ethics, principle? Solution SMEAR THE OPPOSITION....



Everyone can do it.

"What's that? North Korea nuked New York City? **** it, let's golf.."

Now can we please stop posting these stupid ******* attempts at political smear pictures?
u mad bro?
























































And here's one for everybody listening out there...

matthewdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 08:40 AM   #2
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,833
Total Cats: 1,786
Default

I don't like republicans because in school they taught me they were evil.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 11:59 AM   #3
Free Moustache Rides
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
matthewdesigns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 1,656
Total Cats: 49
Default

My daddy was/is a Reagan/Helms Repugnican and he never loved me enough. Never touched me either, that's why I'm so jealous of my sister.
matthewdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 12:05 PM   #4
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,833
Total Cats: 1,786
Default

daddy issues are a bitch.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 12:52 PM   #5
NB/VVT Connoisseur
iTrader: (23)
 
viperormiata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Key West
Posts: 6,065
Total Cats: 253
Default

My favorite part is where the teachers tell the kids that G.W. Bush is equal to Adolf Hitler. For some reason, I just don't quite see the similarities.
viperormiata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 12:55 PM   #6
Boost Pope
iTrader: (8)
 
Joe Perez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago (Over two miles from Wrigley Field. Fuck the Cubs. Fuck them in their smarmy goat-hole.)
Posts: 26,317
Total Cats: 1,914
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperormiata View Post
My favorite part is where the teachers tell the kids that G.W. Bush is equal to Adolf Hitler.
Citation needed.
Joe Perez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 01:11 PM   #7
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 4,165
Total Cats: 19
Default

Have I found anther open Democrat on this forum? Great, that makes two of us.
gearhead_318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 02:25 PM   #8
Free Moustache Rides
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
matthewdesigns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 1,656
Total Cats: 49
Default

LOL yes and not ashamed of it. What I am ashamed of is the fact that I live in a country where most politicians, Republican and Democrat, are totally ******* worthless. I voted for Obama in '08, but frankly Ron Paul is looking really good this time around. He did last time, too, but I was feeling really spiteful after 8yrs of a Republican White House and voted Dem as a result.

*Not really settled on that yet, as he's pro-life and I'm very much not. Plus, he's still a Repugnican, but seemingly less histrionic than the rest of them.
matthewdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 02:26 PM   #9
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,833
Total Cats: 1,786
Default

you forgot y8s.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 03:36 PM   #10
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 3,284
Total Cats: 178
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewdesigns View Post
I voted for Obama in '08, but frankly Ron Paul is looking really good this time around. He did last time, too, but I was feeling really spiteful after 8yrs of a Republican White House and voted Dem as a result.

*Not really settled on that yet, as he's pro-life and I'm very much not. Plus, he's still a Repugnican, but seemingly less histrionic than the rest of them.
This makes me a sad panda, because I feel that it - more than the vocal majority of economically and politically interested posters on this board - represents the American majority (skewed in either direction, of course). "Dumbocrats" and "Repugnicans" and petty photoshops.

*le sigh*
Scrappy Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 03:39 PM   #11
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,833
Total Cats: 1,786
Default

i voted for kerry. so there.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 03:46 PM   #12
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 4,165
Total Cats: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewdesigns View Post
LOL yes and not ashamed of it. What I am ashamed of is the fact that I live in a country where most politicians, Republican and Democrat, are totally ******* worthless. I voted for Obama in '08, but frankly Ron Paul is looking really good this time around. He did last time, too, but I was feeling really spiteful after 8yrs of a Republican White House and voted Dem as a result.

*Not really settled on that yet, as he's pro-life and I'm very much not. Plus, he's still a Repugnican, but seemingly less histrionic than the rest of them.
I kinda like RP too, maybe not enough to vote for him though. (his son is hella crazy and it might run in the fam, idk yet.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
i voted for kerry. so there.
No ******* way. Holy ****..
This Kerry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
you forgot y8s.
Our numbers are growing, GRASSROOTS MOVEMENT WWHHHHHOOOOOOOO
gearhead_318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 03:47 PM   #13
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,833
Total Cats: 1,786
Default

that's what happens when you go to college.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 03:50 PM   #14
Free Moustache Rides
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
matthewdesigns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 1,656
Total Cats: 49
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy Jack View Post
This makes me a sad panda, because I feel that it - more than the vocal majority of economically and politically interested posters on this board - represents the American majority (skewed in either direction, of course). "Dumbocrats" and "Repugnicans" and petty photoshops.

*le sigh*
As much as I'd like to be non-partisan, it's really difficult to maintain that state of mind in light of how divisive the politicians in office continue to be. If there was less in the way of posturing and eternal campaigning, and more focus on what each person in office actually honestly feels is best for their constituents, I think we'd get a lot farther down the road towards some bipartisan agreements.

I also think that the two party system is bullshit, and that if there were no label applied to each camp then things would be a lot less contentious. It would eliminate the ability to use fun, derogatory slang like Dumbocrat and Repugnican, and perhaps get more attention on issues.

The whose system is broken, we all know that, and the louder each side screams about extremist issues the worse off we all are when it comes to everything else on the table. I'm not sure a Dem or Rep is the answer next time around for president, but nobody else gets any media time. And even some of them don't get a fair shake in the media (ie: Paul and Kucinich last time). Because they are not screaming about the ludicrous **** that everyone else is pushing.
matthewdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 10:00 AM   #15
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 3,284
Total Cats: 178
Default

That was a much more balanced response than I expected based on the beginning of this thread and your previous post. Maybe there is hope after all.

It is hard to be non-partisan and I would argue it is harder every day as attention spans get shorter, information gets compacted in to sound bites and people get that information increasingly from commentary (sometimes disguised as reporting). Critical thinking and being open to legitimate challenges to your perspective are important.
Scrappy Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 10:08 AM   #16
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,833
Total Cats: 1,786
Default

Try walking in my shoes. I'm a gay, black, atheist-jew-muslim. There is no party for me.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 10:45 AM   #17
Antisaint
iTrader: (17)
 
Vashthestampede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Danbury, CT
Posts: 4,659
Total Cats: 54
Default

When I see an ******* with a "OBAMA" or "I'm a Democrat" sticker, I usually get as close as possible without hitting them. In the truck I'm pretty much trying to run them off the road. I do all of this in hopes that I can get the guy to stop and start a fistfight. Usually they're too obnoxious to even realize whats going on around them and they continue on their way. Probably to pick up some food stamps or unemployment checks. This way they can enter that "fattest girl in the world" competition they heard about on the news the night before.

I don't claim any political status at this point in time. I think the entire government structure needs to be torn down and built back up from our roots. Drop all the "add ons" we picked up along the way and lets get back to reality. The first candidate that comes out and tells me that's his plan will get my vote. Until then, I continue to work and better myself while I still have that freedom.

At the rate this country is going, the next 50 years look like it'll just gradually get worse and worse unless something is done right now. Unfortunately everyone is too busy fighting the other guy to bother coming to reason. The amount of time/money/energy that we waste every year on politics is absurd. People should truly be ashamed of themselves, but alas, they're not.
Vashthestampede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 10:47 AM   #18
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,833
Total Cats: 1,786
Default

Y8s has an Obama sticker on his DD. I typically go over and hang out, and shoot the ****.


btw, your first and last paragraph are funny.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 11:36 AM   #19
Free Moustache Rides
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
matthewdesigns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 1,656
Total Cats: 49
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy Jack View Post
That was a much more balanced response than I expected based on the beginning of this thread and your previous post. Maybe there is hope after all.

It is hard to be non-partisan and I would argue it is harder every day as attention spans get shorter, information gets compacted in to sound bites and people get that information increasingly from commentary (sometimes disguised as reporting). Critical thinking and being open to legitimate challenges to your perspective are important.
Lulz. I may identify with the Dems but I'm not blindly following anyone around. That's why I'm an athiest, too. There are too few people thinking for themselves, and I not only practice critical thinking so I don't get killed prematurely, but also so I can feel superior to everyone else in the room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
Try walking in my shoes. I'm a gay, black, atheist-jew-muslim. There is no party for me.
I've got a party for you, sweetcheeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vashthestampede View Post
I think the entire government structure needs to be torn down and built back up from our roots. Drop all the "add ons" we picked up along the way and lets get back to reality. The first candidate that comes out and tells me that's his plan will get my vote. Until then, I continue to work and better myself while I still have that freedom.
I'm on board with this. Keep us posted as to when this political messiah punches in.
matthewdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1.8 TB/TPS for use with 1.6 wiring Elfering MEGAsquirt 17 12-16-2016 07:44 PM
Toyota Pickup Engine Swap B.S. Monk Build Threads 24 12-11-2016 03:21 PM
Digital display into stock gauge cluster ihiryu General Miata Chat 2 09-17-2015 08:56 AM
mm0105 Will not Power Up slomiata MEGAsquirt 1 09-15-2015 07:28 PM
ME221 Now has Autotune and Long Term Fuel Trim Tables Motorsport-Electronics ECUs and Tuning 0 09-05-2015 09:02 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:46 AM.