Why ban smokeless tobacco? - Page 2 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Current Events, News, Politics Keep the politics here.

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-01-2012, 03:25 PM   #21
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
pusha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 7,363
Total Cats: -32
Default

dip is good

pusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:32 PM   #22
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
pusha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 7,363
Total Cats: -32
Default

this used to be the back of my truck:

Attached Thumbnails
Why ban smokeless tobacco?-img00415-20100804-1926-2.jpg  
pusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:38 PM   #23
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,854
Total Cats: 1,788
Default

of course.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 05:21 PM   #24
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: DF-DUB
Posts: 640
Total Cats: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_Ciesielski View Post


While I share your trolling spirit, ability to argue a point well and have people assign it merit having a good/reasonable point.

Examples:
Hitler
Glen Beck
Jim Jones
Pat Robertson
I never said the two are one and the same.

Give me a reason why a smokeless tobacco ban is a reasonable point besides "Nasty get it away." I don't believe that to be a valid reason to infringe on someone else.
Opti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 05:42 PM   #25
Elite Member
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Seattle, Wa
Posts: 1,780
Total Cats: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opti View Post
I never said the two are one and the same.

Give me a reason why a smokeless tobacco ban is a reasonable point besides "Nasty get it away." I don't believe that to be a valid reason to infringe on someone else.
If you have a group of 5 people occupying a public room and one of them pulls out a cigarette, should the other 4 non-smokers be forced to leave the room to avoid the smell, infringing on their right to use the space?

What if a dude came up to you and wagged his d!ck in your face so close you could smell it? What if he touched you on the arm with it? Would you infringe on his rights to be naked? Do you believe that there should be public decency laws?

Smell and sight are senses too, not just touch.

Swap out a smoker for somebody who dips. It disgusts people, it smells, there is always a cup of dip-spit that looks like ---- leakage, its just all around ------- nasty. The sight of it can bring people to physical discomfort and even illness, infringing on their right to a healthy and non-disruptive learning environment. It goes both ways.
Jeff_Ciesielski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 05:46 PM   #26
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
fooger03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 4,132
Total Cats: 187
Default

Spit is a biohazard.
fooger03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 07:21 PM   #27
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 4,165
Total Cats: 19
Default

I don't drink soda, but I would totally dip if I wasn't do damn cheap.
Compare doing dip to a female getting her period, just because it's nasty doesn't mean all women of childbearing age should have to be on certain birth controls to prevent it.
gearhead_318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 07:31 PM   #28
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Seattle
Posts: 243
Total Cats: 3
Default

switch to snus you fuckass, Its a much more civilized method of absorbing nicotine.

However, for me smoking will be the only way to go.

As for all of this academia ----, just write a very descriptive dissertation on how you would go about brutalizing your professor's -------. A+, I guarantee.
DontPassTheFence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 07:32 PM   #29
Elite Member
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Seattle, Wa
Posts: 1,780
Total Cats: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead_318 View Post
Compare doing dip to a female getting her period, just because it's nasty doesn't mean all women of childbearing age should have to be on certain birth controls to prevent it.
2 major logical problems here.
1.If women changed their tampons in public where everyone could see, this would be a reasonable comparison, but as they go off on their own to do it in a closed stall, your analogy falls apart. If there were a "dip here" area, it would be a different story.

2. Dipping isn't a naturally occurring phenomenon like a period is, its a choice. I'm sure most women would gladly NOT have their periods if it were an option.
Jeff_Ciesielski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 07:34 PM   #30
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 4,165
Total Cats: 19
Default

It wasn't really a serious comparison, it was just meant to **** off his professor and make lolz.
gearhead_318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 02:56 PM   #31
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: DF-DUB
Posts: 640
Total Cats: 19
Default

Some people are so damn ugly or fat I get uncomfortable seeing them, not only are the fat ones infringing on me physically due to their stature, but the ugly ones are just damn ugly. Can we ban fat people no, because there is too many of them.

The whole thing is, there are few dippers left so its easy to take away their ----, cause society is a bunch of overly-sensitive crybabies.

Hey If some dude want to walk around with his **** out, All the power to him, who am I to tell him no. The difference between me and you, Is if I dont want to see his pecker, I wont go where ever he is, you will go there, then cry that he is affecting you and blah blah blah. If he puts his weiner on me I will hit him, but Im not going around spitting on people, So I dont see the correlation.

The other thing is a naked dude is considered explicit. The only thing people see about a chewer is a bulge in his/her lip and a cup. Most chewers don't walk around with a clear open top cup to spit in, Its normally has a lid (so the smell complaint is retarded) and sometimes is an opaque container. Besides my good friends who I am always around, Most people I meet on a day to day basis dont even notice if I have a Snooch in.

About your swapping out smokers. Ask a bunch of non smokers dippers (who are like you and get butt hurt over it) if they would rather be in a small room with some dippers or some smokers. Id pick dippers. A smoker lights up...boom smoke everywhere, cant get away from it. Dipper puts a fattie in, and it affects you how? It stinks, stupid argument, as soon as the can is closed and the lid is on the spitter no smell. You have to see it. Another stupid argument, people have to see offensive ---- all day to allow others to have their rights. What if I'm a devout spaghettist and Im my religion women have to be COMPLETELY covered. I cant tell random women they have to cover up because Im a spaghettist. ---- dont work that way
Opti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:51 PM   #32
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
pusha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 7,363
Total Cats: -32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
of course.
one day I'm going to surprise you
pusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 04:05 PM   #33
Elite Member
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Seattle, Wa
Posts: 1,780
Total Cats: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opti View Post
Some people are so damn ugly or fat I get uncomfortable seeing them, not only are the fat ones infringing on me physically due to their stature, but the ugly ones are just damn ugly. Can we ban fat people no, because there is too many of them.
The whole thing is, there are few dippers left so its easy to take away their ----, cause society is a bunch of overly-sensitive crybabies.
This is a **** poor argument, and I'm becoming increasingly convinced that you are either partially retarded, or that there is some sort of disconnect in your brain.

It has nothing to do with numbers, and everything to do with natural attributes versus personal choices. They can't help it, YOU can. You weren't born with tobacco in your mouth.


Quote:
Hey If some dude want to walk around with his **** out, All the power to him, who am I to tell him no. The difference between me and you, Is if I dont want to see his pecker, I wont go where ever he is, you will go there, then cry that he is affecting you and blah blah blah. If he puts his weiner on me I will hit him, but Im not going around spitting on people, So I dont see the correlation.
Again, you miss the point. It isn't about having to avoid things you don't like, its about not being forced to make the choice between occupying a space you have a right to use and being uncomfortable, or leaving.

In your example, you say you would just avoid the situation, but what if he came into a class that you were already in? You need the grade to graduate, so you either have to take your own advice and avoid the situation, failing the class, or be uncomfortable with some dude's dick hanging out. It's disruptive.

Quote:
The other thing is a naked dude is considered explicit. The only thing people see about a chewer is a bulge in his/her lip and a cup.
Something being considered 'explicit' is an arbitrary assignment made by the majority of a society's members. Essentially, 'explicit' just means that the majority of people find an action to be offensive in one way or another, and are of the opinion that said activity shouldn't be allowed in public.

Nobody is telling you you can't dip at all, just that you can't do it in a specific public place. 'Dipping' is slowly becoming explicit, the same way that smoking in public has over the past 10-15 years.

Quote:
Most chewers don't walk around with a clear open top cup to spit in, Its normally has a lid (so the smell complaint is retarded) and sometimes is an opaque container. Besides my good friends who I am always around, Most people I meet on a day to day basis dont even notice if I have a Snooch in.
I've known plenty of people that dip, and those cups ------- stink. Just because you can't smell it doesn't mean the people around you can't. The same way I can't smell how bad I stink after smoking, but my wife always comments on how bad it smells.


Quote:
About your swapping out smokers. Ask a bunch of non smokers dippers (who are like you and get butt hurt over it) if they would rather be in a small room with some dippers or some smokers. Id pick dippers.
Isn't it sort of funny how you keep playing the "you're a whiny butthurt -----" card, yet you're the one who is crying about not being able to indulge in an activity for a few hours a day? I'm just responding to your arguments and personally don't give a ---- what you do at all. I hang around with people who smoke and people who dip, neither bother me. I just think your arguments are weak and misguided.


Quote:
What if I'm a devout spaghettist and Im my religion women have to be COMPLETELY covered. I cant tell random women they have to cover up because Im a spaghettist. ---- dont work that way
Not here, but it does in plenty of other countries. Its all about social perception.
Jeff_Ciesielski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 05:28 PM   #34
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 3,284
Total Cats: 178
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opti View Post
Give me a reason why a smokeless tobacco ban is a reasonable point besides "Nasty get it away." I don't believe that to be a valid reason to infringe on someone else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottFW View Post
Your college probably banned it after they received complaints from the janitors (and probably others) about people leaving their wads of dip in the water fountains.
Ta dah.
Scrappy Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 05:46 PM   #35
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
pusha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 7,363
Total Cats: -32
Default

no problem with dipping.

I can tell many of you (save for Scrappy Jack) haven't spent a lot of time in the SEC.
pusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 10:31 PM   #36
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: DF-DUB
Posts: 640
Total Cats: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_Ciesielski View Post
This is a **** poor argument, and I'm becoming increasingly convinced that you are either partially retarded, or that there is some sort of disconnect in your brain.

It has nothing to do with numbers, and everything to do with natural attributes versus personal choices. They can't help it, YOU can. You weren't born with tobacco in your mouth.
You can be born with a natural persuasion towards addiction, so one could easily naturally want to dip, the same way one person could be born with health issues causing them to naturally being overweight.

There is help offered for both cases, you dont have to quit dipping the same way you dont have to actively try and loose weight if you are fat.

Difference is simply the number of people that are fat vs the number of people that dip, you cant ban fat people because they are to many of them. Its easy to take stuff away from a small group, there is less of them to infrine upon.
Opti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:39 PM   #37
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 1,196
Total Cats: 12
Default

IMO, fat people are MUCH grosser that a water bottle full of sludge. Both the obese and dippers choose their condition (glandular problems excluded). Both conditions (addiction and obesity) can have genetic factors. Although calling nicotine an "addiction" is a little much. No cigarettes for a 3 pack a day smoker for 24hours: nic fit. No heroin for a 1/2 gram a day heroin user for 24 hours: vomiting, cold sweating, intense pain, possibly death.

Being overweight is probably worse for your health too. Dip just hurts your mouth, veins, and heart. Fat affects your heart, veins, bones, joints, ligaments, muscles, etc. I'd bet a obese person is probably in worse physical shape than my newport-chain-smoking-***, let alone a dipper.

Ban ugly fat people.
2ndGearRubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:14 AM   #38
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 3,110
Total Cats: 127
Default

I get annoyed when people spit gum on the ground too. I'd rather step in spit.
jacob300zx is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Track Video & Bluetooth MS3 Questions ofspunk7 General Miata Chat 3 08-31-2015 03:14 PM
nice work mods-this guy got power banned Zabac Insert BS here 5 03-11-2008 03:03 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:11 PM.